SUPERBOWL!

SUPERBOWL!

• Packers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steelers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: So far

So far the game sucks and the commercials aren't much better.

Drink more......

Edit:

Turned on the sound at the beginning of the half-time ''entertainment''. If you thought the game and the commercials were sub-standard, this bunch ought to make the stuff you didn't care for look a LOT better......

Wonder if they know ''YMCA''?

Re: SUPERBOWL!

I'm not even vaguely interested in seeing a hip hop halftime show.

Neither are most Americans, which is why they selected a pop artist. BEP stopped making hip-hop several records ago. Even the Grammy's seem to understand that:

I'm not even vaguely interested in seeing a pop artist's halftime show.

I should add that I'm not interested either, but the Black Eyed Peas used to be a quasi-legitimate hip-hop group in their pre-fergie days, and toured small clubs with a full band and a great female vocalist Kim Hill. Their music was real hip-hop: careful sampling of funk, soul,etc (like Jorge Ben and the Meters) with a modern interpretation. It might not have been to your liking, but it certainly wasn't this prepackaged commercial garbage that pollutes our radios today.

Re: So far

Now back to the game
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

Re: Halftime - Black Eyed Peas

Words-there were words to those ''songs''?
icon_rolleyes.gif
I couldn't understand most of the noises that came out of their pie holes.

But sadly I think that is the point.

The only words I understood was the horrible singing of Sweet Child of Mine. Well, I guess I can't even call that singing. At least they had her mic turned on by then.

Re: SUPERBOWL!

I loved Christina's remix of the national anthem.
icon_lol.gif

Evan

At least it was better than the America the beautiful.

It is NOT about ''making the song your own'', but rather paying respect-at least in my opinion.

JUST SING THE SONG!

Amen!!!!!

I'm all for replacing the self-promotional Anthem ''stylings'' with a minute of silence.

One of the best singings I have heard lately at a game was at a falcons game and the leaders of a boy scout troup sang it.

A strong powerful voice-the right tempo-no extra notes etc.
icon_biggrin.gif

A nice refreshing change from the usual.