SUPERBOWL!

• Packers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steelers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: SUPERBOWL!

Manchester United

I watched MY football games yesterday morning.

In the first one my adopted EPL team, Arsenal blew a 4 - 0 halftime lead to Newcastle Untited who scored 4 in the last 30 minutes to tie.

It was a really good, exciting game.

Then Wolverhampton, dead last in the League, beat Manchester United ensuring that they would NOT go undefeated this season.

I've said it before and will go on record again:

Any day Manchester United loses is a GOOD day!

And Chelsea loosing this morning to Liverpool made it a great WEEKEND!

AS for today, I'm working a gig with a Venezuelan group. They and their audience don't care about this ''Superbowl'' either.

Re: Superbowl!

The mix went from suck to suck more to really suck and then started over again. Backing tracks, 5 vocals, one live instrument, it should have been at least a consistant mix.

I listened to it in stereo on a good system maybe just maybe in 5.1 the mix was better
icon_rolleyes.gif

nope. mic off for several syllables happens no matter how many speakers you're listening to...

brian

Re: Halftime - Black Eyed Peas

Words-there were words to those ''songs''?
icon_rolleyes.gif
I couldn't understand most of the noises that came out of their pie holes.

But sadly I think that is the point.

The only words I understood was the horrible singing of Sweet Child of Mine. Well, I guess I can't even call that singing. At least they had her mic turned on by then.

Holy crap. Was that ''Slash''? What was he doing up there?

Re: So far

This halftime show sucks. Whatever happened to the music aspect of the show?

Evan

$$$$$$$

They're there because they please the masses.....apparently.

Yup... It sure seems like it anyway. With most people being exposed to 20-30 second fragments of pop music during TV commercials, I think people have been conditioned to listen to random little bits of ''just whatever''. That's what this made me think about anyway.

P.S. I meant to corroborate that with the money being made with airing TV commercials.

Cheesy show....cheese-head victory.

Take away the national exposure, the national artists, the digital systems, and all the ridiculous miles of wiring and fiber optic in that stadium. I will gladly trade all that in for my classic rock bar gig that underpays me every now and then.
icon_lol.gif
Looking forward to it already.
icon_cool.gif

Re: SUPERBOWL!

Super Bowl half time just seems more like a place for a good arena rock band. The Who last year was the best.....Petty, the Stones, Bruce, Paul.....all GREAT!!! I know having something different might seem nice, but this seems like a ''rock'' setting.....the show tonight just bummed me out....I had to go look up last years show to feel better
icon_rolleyes.gif

Words-there were words to those ''songs''?
icon_rolleyes.gif
I couldn't understand most of the noises that came out of their pie holes.

But sadly I think that is the point.

The only words I understood was the horrible singing of Sweet Child of Mine. Well, I guess I can't even call that singing. At least they had her mic turned on by then.

Collecting a pay check. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
icon_lol.gif

Missed mic cues will always be missed mic cues, the overall mix was just so inconsistant. I was thinking or hoping that it worked in 5.1 but did not translate down to stereo.

I just don't understand how, these days, a missed cue like that can happen. How is the opening of the track anything other than a one-button scene recall?

I suppose they could have had to swap out her mic at the last minute, which could explain the horrible vocal eq and serious need for compression on her voice.

Collecting a pay check. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
icon_lol.gif

Hello,

None of the Halftime Entertainers get paid for their poorformance.... I mean performance. They, their crew,(meaning Techs), their spouses and children get their expenses paid to and from the Stadium, and get their Hotel and meals reimbursed.

They do get SuperBowl swag.

All Halftime Acts have traditionally seen an increase in sales of their Act's mechandise and recordings directly following their performance.

From preliminary reports... there was a ''problem'' with the in-ear systems from the start of the Halftime show. I have no other details...(and probably never will)
icon_rolleyes.gif

I will say, that whether anyone enjoyed any of the performance or not, the performers must be given some credit for continuing, given all of the technical problems.

This should be a lesson to keep such event's routing and systems as simple as possible.

Cheers,

Hammer