X32 Discussion

re: X32 Discussion

Compatible USB Key???

Hi. Anyone has any example of compatible USB keys they've used so far with the X32? I tried a new Lexar 8GB this weekend but the mixer doesn't seem to be able to communicate with it. I have an old sandisk 1GB that worked no problem so I know the USB connector on the board is working fine.

Tks

Smaller is usually more likely to work in my experience. This is not a problem unique to this console. I recommend 2-4GB max for the best chance.

This is not meant to brag, on the contrary, I feel very lucky as today I walked into my local Guitar Center and came out with a brand new X32, had used one before but this one is mine.... I will be doing the required tests to look for flaws later tonight as I'm already late for a gig...

CHEERS !!!

First you have to make sure is fat32 formatted. I've had a 16GB fat32 stick that worked fine with the x32, but I couln't update my firmware with it. Tried an old 1GB one and it worked fine (it was a brandless formula-1 style usb-stick). It's a little bit trial and error...

A totally different question: I use the X32 with the P16 monitoring system. Does anyone know how can I add reverb to a single P16 channel? I tried to add reverb to the guitar channel but couln't make it work. I'm a beginner when it comes to mixing so maybe I just overlooked something.

I chose the following for the p16 channel: Dir-out channel 1-->pre-fader
Of course there is no reverb on the channel now

So I tried the reverb effect as a insert on the same channel. But now there is ONLY reverb.

Can anyone help me?

Hi,
You might want to sub group all of your FX and then feed that subgroup out to a pair of P16 channels.
I usually put this on channels 15/16 on the P16. This allows you to mix the amount of FX to your P16 mix.
If you want to dedicate an FX just for something going to the P16, you could just send that FX return channel to a set of P16 channels.

Hope it helps.

Best
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

haha... it's all about knowing people... as in knowing the right kind of people at stores... I cant say exactly how much I paid but I can assure u i paid a couple benjamin's less than your price...

I got a similar price from Sound Productions. Beats paying another $500 at Guitar Center.

Hi Guys, really helpful forum, it made me confident to purchase an X32. I do have a fairly big problem with the desk, I'm getting interference on most of the outputs, it worsens when the desk is touched or a fader is moved, it occurs without an input but is worse when a mic is plugged in. Its no worse on ch16 or 32 and if they are muted its the same. It is especially loud in an in ear monitor we are using for the singer. I purchased from Studiospares and it seems I probably have to send the desk back to them. I have a big problem that we have a gig on saturday and we don't have another desk unless we hire one in. Is there a uk team who can resolve this from behringer?

I have tried several mains leads, several mic leads several powered speakers, the firmware is current 1.09, re installed it, initialised the desk several times.

Andy

Hi Guys, really helpful forum, it made me confident to purchase an X32. I do have a fairly big problem with the desk, I'm getting interference on most of the outputs, it worsens when the desk is touched or a fader is moved, it occurs without an input but is worse when a mic is plugged in. Its no worse on ch16 or 32 and if they are muted its the same. It is especially loud in an in ear monitor we are using for the singer. I purchased from Studiospares and it seems I probably have to send the desk back to them. I have a big problem that we have a gig on saturday and we don't have another desk unless we hire one in. Is there a uk team who can resolve this from behringer?

I have tried several mains leads, several mic leads several powered speakers, the firmware is current 1.09, re installed it, initialised the desk several times.

Andy

Andy, where are you based ? If you are near me I could help you out .
Kev (Fife)

Interference problem

I'm getting interference on most of the outputs, it worsens when the desk is touched or a fader is moved, it occurs without an input but is worse when a mic is plugged in.

Andy[/QUOTE]

Hello

Have you tried this: First unplug everything exept headphones. Then make sure, that your electric outlet is properly grounded. If problem stays, it is inside board. If it goes away, it is in your system grounding - or the lack of it.

Nuuska

Hi,
You might want to sub group all of your FX and then feed that subgroup out to a pair of P16 channels.
I usually put this on channels 15/16 on the P16. This allows you to mix the amount of FX to your P16 mix.
If you want to dedicate an FX just for something going to the P16, you could just send that FX return channel to a set of P16 channels.

Hope it helps.

Best
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply! The problem is that I can't really spare a channel on the P16 system. It's already filled with instruments and vocals.

Your colleague Chase came up with the solution of using a mixbus channel as input for the p16 and sending both the original signal and reverb output to the mixbus (at least that's what I understood) I haven't tried it yet because I don't have access to my X32 right now. But I'm messing around in Xcontrol to see if a solution could work.

Re: X32 discussion presentation and a question

Well guys my lurking time here is almost finished, Saturday i get my own X32 :D~:-D~:grin: (maybe :roll:)
cross your fingers for me!!!!

Anyone know how to setup an out for a subwoofer to control it separately from the main??

Tnkss
Bruno from Italy

(sorry for my eng ;)~;-)~:wink:)

Hi again guys, I'm in Kent so your probably a fair distance away. I have investigated further and some of the issues are to do with gain setup, some I'm not so sure about. I get a distant high pitched digital noise on the masters. If you turn up the gain on a ch without a signal plugged in there is a horrible white noise, when you turn the gain down it suddenly cuts off, like a gate has closed, there is some oscillating interference on the monitor outputs. As I said earlier some of the noise my engineer picked up was only obvious on extreme gain settings on the amps, he has ordered his own X32 now to do the gig so I'll be able to compere the noise issues with the other board. i'll update you after the weekend(I guess thats a thumbs up for the desk from a previous yamaha die hard).

Andy

ps has anyone else noticed the outputs do seem to be at a higher level on the x32 than the Ls9 or M7

Reverb to P16 - channel squeezing...

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply! The problem is that I can't really spare a channel on the P16 system. It's already filled with instruments and vocals.

Your colleague Chase came up with the solution of using a mixbus channel as input for the p16 and sending both the original signal and reverb output to the mixbus (at least that's what I understood) I haven't tried it yet because I don't have access to my X32 right now. But I'm messing around in Xcontrol to see if a solution could work.

Hello

I work for a band with drms - bass - 4 gtr channels - 10 keyboard channels - sax - 4 vocals + sampler - 10 persons on stage.

I give them 6 floor wedges + two P16 for keyboard players + TC-Helicon Voice-solo-activespeakers for choir singers and keyboardplayers

Wedges go for - gtr-players - bassplayer - drummer - saxophonist - choir - lead singer

Then I make two stereo subgroups of keys - one of each player

P16 channels then will be as follows

bd - sn - sampler - sampler - bass - sax - gtr - gtr - 1st keysub L - 1st keysub R - 2nd keysub L - 2nd keysub R - voc - voc - voc - voc

I feed the keyboardsubgroups BEFORE channel fader and the output of groups goes only to P16 - the channels feed to LR and are DCA controlled, so they can be on page two along with most of drums also at their own DCA - this way I can stay most of the time @ page one plus use the DCA-faders for the rest and effect return control. So I hope to keep pagejumping minimal.

Now the keyboarplayer with 3 stereokeyboards hears himself in stereo, when he wishes to hear only himself - and he can set the balance between the three keyboards to his liking. For me at FOH - feeding him before channel faders - leaves still the option to affect the balance at house without affecting his monitors - of course most of the time his balance will be o.k. for me , too. Just control the overall balance against rest of the band with single DCA-fader.

Same thing for second keyboardplayer with two stereokeyboards.

You notice, that only two guitars out of four are in P16-system. The other two are used in only few songs, so I just feed them to wedge for guitarplayer, bass and drums.

All in all I find this all very flexible and very potential system.

To top all previously mentioned - I add a quadrofonic processor and second pa-rig behind audience - use of six AUX-jacks helps there and the user-definable controls are the cherry on the cream....

Nuuska

I finally got to use my X32 for the first time last night at a corporate gig that a band I work with played for. I normally mix this band on their PA and analog soundboard, so I have a baseline to compare with. This time, the same setup but I used my X32. I'm happy to say that I was very pleased that the board passed the gig test with flying colors. I could definitely hear an improvement in the sound. The X32 just sounded 'good'. The band also noticed and was happy with the sound. The effects sounded good, and it was nice to be able to use the sends-on-faders function to set up the monitor mixes. The vocals really stood out for me as far as a noticeable improvement. This band has varied intruments including acoustic guitar, mandolin, keys, guitars, etc., and the instruments sounded better to me also.

Since I was able to setup a nice FOH location for the mixer, I also used the headphones delay feature, so I could hear the soloed mix/channels in the phones at the same time the stage sound arrived at the board. Very nice indeed. The one thing I'm not sure about is that the headphone max volume level seems a little low to me, even when I had the gain control set higher and the surface volume control turned up. This is my first digital board, so not sure if this is normal or not.

All in all, a very successful first outing with my X32, and I'm happy that the board more than lived up to my expectations. I have a tablet and XControl as well, but did not use it at this show. Looking forward to trying that out too at a future show. I really wish I had the S16 stage box/digital snake to replace the long analog snake I had to run to FOH. I have one of those on order, so can't wait for it to arrive.