X32 Discussion

Re: X32 almost "out of box failure"

Just an update, i spoke to my dad and the console did not turn on at all... I assumed he was using it but he had not. Would not power up out of the box....

Dear Shane, I am very sorry to hear this. I will PM you requesting your father's contact details so we may resolve immediately. Thank you again.

Gregory Seltz
Manager, CARE
MUSIC Group

I have also had a problem with the IEC connector in my desk. It falls out when sitting in the road case during travel. I doubt that this is your fathers issue but it would be nice if it was.

I have also had a problem with the IEC connector in my desk. It falls out when sitting in the road case during travel. I doubt that this is your fathers issue but it would be nice if it was.

I, too, doubted that it was the issue, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I've found these online but have not yet ordered.

North American Power Cords | All 3 Conductors/2 Ends Power Cords with NEMA 5-15P (all variations) | By Quail Electronics, Inc.©

Back in March, before they were actually available, they quoted $9 apiece for 6 footers. As an absolute number, that seemed high, but now that the busy summer is here and $$ are more plentiful, it seems more reasonable to solve a problem that could be bad if it happened.

Ya I wish it was that simple... It's not like its seeing no power, it's not booting. He said it "blips" on power up, but does not show x32 screen... He's seen mine... He knows what it's supposed to look like. I've already had two people from behringer reach out, and that's great considering its " off business hours". Unfortunately unlike myself, he doesn't have the luxury of a backup desk... This would be his primary desk(ya he still has his old analog mackie32 and rack) but the whole point is not having to carry it around. Nope I think at this point we'll be thinking refund and a different option...

Monitor option idea?

Would there be a demand for a monitor/FOH surface option that had no preamps, AES 50, full DSP, 32 faders, maybe more surface control options? Thinking of small theater installs and the like.

Re: Monitor option idea?

Would there be a demand for a monitor/FOH surface option that had no preamps, AES 50, full DSP, 32 faders, maybe more surface control options? Thinking of small theater installs and the like.

There would probably be a demand, because a lot of the time the X32 is used in this configuration with S16s. However, would there be much point in ripping out the preamps in the X32 and knock a couple of hundred $ off the price? If they brought out a X48 then it probably would make all the sense in the world to go that route, but at the moment I'd have to say that the most attractive new kit would be a control surface to remote the current and just-around-the-corner stuff.

If they brought out a X48 then it probably would make all the sense in the world to go that route, but at the moment I'd have to say that the most attractive new kit would be a control surface to remote the current and just-around-the-corner stuff.

I don't think they will bring out a X48 ever, because most "normal" stuff can be done with the x32 family. The bigger festival type is something they have midas for. Also the number of consoles will be a problem.

Yes a remote control surface would be a good addition.

Re: Plug insert

Hello,
Is it possible to insert a plug on L/R outputs ? I'm trying to insert a C6 on the main's outputs but.......... I'm using liveprofessor with Waves plugins.
Thanks

If you route Aux 1-6/mon to your card and source Aux in 1-4 from the card, you can use Aux as inserts. I can't remember if it actually works in stereo on the main via aux, so you might have to do it via two subgroups or matrices.

Re: Plug insert

Hello,
Is it possible to insert a plug on L/R outputs ? I'm trying to insert a C6 on the main's outputs but.......... I'm using liveprofessor with Waves plugins.
Thanks

Hm...maybe think twice about the C6.
The C6 ads 64 Sampes of latency ( Plugin Latency | Support | Waves ) + the latency of the soundcard+LiveProfessor + the latency of the Aux insert on the X32 (0,8ms).
This might be too much in some applications...a digital speaker controller will also ad some latency to the overall pa system.

android

Could someone at behringer please spare a bit of their time to assist a few of us who have been trying to get touchosc and dawosc (android apps) to work with the x32 we can get them to control the x32 but cant get anything back ( if this is even possible)
it would be much appreciated for us poor android users .
Thanks Dan

Re: android

Could someone at behringer please spare a bit of their time to assist a few of us who have been trying to get touchosc and dawosc (android apps) to work with the x32 we can get them to control the x32 but cant get anything back ( if this is even possible)
it would be much appreciated for us poor android users .
Thanks Dan

There might be some help to be found at x32user.net go to Hackers Corner

Last edited:
Re: X32-Mix Update

I don't know if anyone has seen it yet, but it looks like there was an update to the X32 Mix app today. Running through it quick in demo mode right now, liking what I'm seeing so far! Might have to drag the desk out of the flight case and play with it "for real". :)

Last edited:

I don't think they will bring out a X48 ever, because most "normal" stuff can be done with the x32 family. The bigger festival type is something they have midas for. Also the number of consoles will be a problem.

Yes a remote control surface would be a good addition.

Plus 1 for a remote surface to control the X32 Rack remotely.
The Producer frame with 8x Pre, 8x Line In, 8x Line Out would be amazing. Rack Mountable and portable.
Also, the ability to have all 16 faders applied to one block (input 1-16, 17-32, buss 1-16, etc) and an assignable layer would be great.

Re: X32 Discussion

Hi guys,

Quick noob question as I do not have the desk available at the second to check - the usb/firewire interface was DOA so it all had to go back :(

The question - do the DCA's effect post fader sends to busses or just the send to mains.

Cheers
Tim

Re: X32-Mix Update

Yes the iPad app was updated today.......looks good

I got my analog output delay adjustment. :D~:-D~:grin::D~:-D~:grin::D~:-D~:grin:

I think I have to get a wireless in ear, now that I'm able to solo on the ipad. I assume the monitor output can't be streamed to the ipad?

For the next version, maybe it's possible to have the selected solo visible in the overview, like the mute does know. (handy when no exclusive last is enabled) maybe a yellow mixcolor when mute is also selected...

Last edited: