X32 Discussion

Scene Manager Priorities

For those of you that use my Scene Manager App.

I have a small amount of spare time coming up so rather than spend time working on something that I think I should be working on I thought it be better to ask everybody what you want me to work on .

Please go over to X32 User Net • View topic - Changes coming up in version 0.1.11 and leave a post voting on what feature I should be working on next.

Thanks
Kev

Re: X32 Core Shipping

Dear all,

we are pleased to announce that we're now shipping the X32 Core from our factory. Products should be in stores in a few weeks.

We are also planning to ship the X32 Rack within this month.

Warm regards

Uli

Hi Uli,

This is indeed good news, and just what I've been waiting for.

However, I visited the Starin portal yesterday, and they show 0 stock of Compacts, and all four new models show an expected due date of 9-18-13. While I haven't looked every day, it has seemed like there's never been any Compacts in stock.

Given the previous discussion here about Compacts shipping, and now Cores from the factory, is there an easy explanation of the shipping-but-still-none-available-in-America situation for the Compact? An ignorant person would assume that the Core will follow the Compact pattern, meaning none available for months after shipping from the factory, but would hope to be wrong.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Uli,

This is indeed good news, and just what I've been waiting for.

However, I visited the Starin portal yesterday, and they show 0 stock of Compacts, and all four new models show an expected due date of 9-18-13. While I haven't looked every day, it has seemed like there's never been any Compacts in stock.

Given the previous discussion here about Compacts shipping, and now Cores from the factory, is there an easy explanation of the shipping-but-still-none-available-in-America situation for the Compact? An ignorant person would assume that the Core will follow the Compact pattern, meaning none available for months after shipping from the factory, but would hope to be wrong.

Thanks,
Dan
If you really want a compact then thomann.de have them and will ship to America (delivery €30).

A couple of months ago, a Starin employee posted something on this forum I believe, to the effect that Starin doesn't preorder anything until there is a demand.
My reaction was to post a single question: "Really?", but on reflection I have to admit that this is the sort of distributor behaviour that is commonplace today, particularly with products that have sole distributors that are not solely dependant on the distribution of a single brand of product.
When a manufacturer appoints a sole distributor, a distributor that might even have other products competing for the same market share, there is no incentive to risk overstocking or indeed risk distributing a product that might have a high return rate while potential early production problems are surfacing.

Edit: I went looking for the post I referred to about Starin, but couldn't find it, so it might be either in another forum or someone else that made that claim about Starin's preordering practice.

Last edited:

A couple of months ago, a Starin employee posted something on this forum I believe, to the effect that Starin doesn't preorder anything until there is a demand.
My reaction was to post a single question: "Really?", but on reflection I have to admit that this is the sort of distributor behaviour that is commonplace today, particularly with products that have sole distributors that are not solely dependant on the distribution of a single brand of product.
When a manufacturer appoints a sole distributor, a distributor that might even have other products competing for the same market share, there is no incentive to risk overstocking or indeed risk distributing a product that might have a high return rate while potential early production problems are surfacing.
I also seem to remember behringer say that they were already in backorder due to very high demand and factory capacity cap'ed.

Dear all,

we are pleased to announce that we're now shipping the X32 Core from our factory. Products should be in stores in a few weeks.

Warm regards

Uli

Woot!

Still thinking it will be well into September before I see them here in the US :(

Edit: I went looking for the post I referred to about Starin, but couldn't find it, so it might be either in another forum or someone else that made that claim about Starin's preordering practice.

I remember posting something about this after talking with a Starin employee, but I don't remember saying exactly what you remember.

My Search Fu is clearly lacking, as not only can't I find that post, but also can't find that I've ever posted anything...

Here you go http://soundforums.net/junior-varsity/4393-x32-discussion-293.html#post55210

No, it wasn't that one, and it wasn't the post where someone say that Starin had ordered 15 units of each.
This was a post saying that Starin didn't place orders unless they had orders from retailers.

The way I understand it, Behringer is extremely bad at filling orders. They are often shipping 6 months or longer after orders are placed, so planning inventory is very, very hard on the distributor. This is one of the reasons that the other distributor in New England dropped Behringer - they couldn't run a business without guarantees.

That said, I know for a fact that just about every X32 series product is always backordered. Starin now serves the entire country, and I've been waiting a month or more for basic orders to come through. I'm sure Starin orders plenty of product in advance, they just don't get it quickly.

Maybe after the market is saturated they will actually have some stock on hand?

The way I understand it, Behringer is extremely bad at filling orders. They are often shipping 6 months or longer after orders are placed, so planning inventory is very, very hard on the distributor. This is one of the reasons that the other distributor in New England dropped Behringer - they couldn't run a business without guarantees.

That said, I know for a fact that just about every X32 series product is always backordered. Starin now serves the entire country, and I've been waiting a month or more for basic orders to come through. I'm sure Starin orders plenty of product in advance, they just don't get it quickly.

Maybe after the market is saturated they will actually have some stock on hand?
Sadly, I doubt the market is going to get "saturated" for quite some time. The smaller mixers will most likely have much higher demand (in units) than the X32 since it appeals to a much bigger market segment.

Dear all,

Warm regards

Uli

Hello Uli. Any update on a shipping window for the ix16?

Thanks,
Greg

Re: X32 almost "out of box failure"

Well you all know I've had some issues with this desk but the customer service group has been true to their word and excellent in reacting to the issues I'm having with the x32. So I've been singing the praises to my dad who has a small sound rig and does shows a couple hours up the road from me. Since he's older (69) I convinced him the x32 was lightweight, everything built in blah blah. So he pulls the trigger, buys one, waits about a week and it comes in today. Gets it home, fires it up,worked for a couple hours and now it will not power up... Yes this might be some kind of record, mere hours and it's dead... So I call on the behringer service team to cut into action, actually he'll probably return it an ask for another desk, or his money back....I thought you guys (behringer)were supposed to be getting better at this, not worse....

Re: X32 almost "out of box failure"

Gets it home, fires it up,worked for a couple hours and now it will not power up... Yes this might be some kind of record, mere hours and it's dead...

Hi Shane,

Bummer about this, sad to hear.

Not to be snarky, but did he check the seating of the IEC input AC connector? I've had that appear to be seated but not actually, and no power.

That is a weak point of the console, IMHO.

Good luck to your dad getting it to work.

Dan