X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Sync Link - Version 0.4 Beta

Cheers Kev. Exactly what i will have to do and already sort of guessed all that! I thought it was odd though that the type went after the parameters. All I did was stick a msgbox into my code and change the fx and read the messages. Type always came back last. Wonder how that works with the x32-mix? Seems a bit backwards to me!
Hi Mark,
I confirmed that you are correct, the parameters are sent before the fx type. So you will have to store them until you know the fx type.

Kev

Ps if you are using .Net you should really use messagebox.show() rather than the vb6 msgbox()

Hi Mark,
I confirmed that you are correct, the parameters are sent before the fx type. So you will have to store them until you know the fx type.

Kev

Ps if you are using .Net you should really use messagebox.show() rather than the vb6 msgbox()

i do, just vb6 stuck in my head! Fx is a little more complicated because that's fine if the fx type is changing, but not if you are making an adjustment! I think it might have to send the fx parameter then resend if it gets a type change and deal with any errors that might occur. Not sure how this will work, but it'll have to wait! I'm of to do a show tomorrow testing out my app in a real situation! Fx changes via the iPad for now.

My X32-Rack can't be far off now so now is the time to look at the interfaces available.
As others have said, I would prefer an Android interface.
I've done a little work with HAXE and it does seems to do what it says, cross platform and such.
I know Behringer has published the communications specs for the X32 series.
Does anyone know of a HAXE OSC project? It would sure same time and make inter-platform operations easier.
index - Haxe

Re: Dual X32 weekend

I just finished one of my bigger events this past weekend, a 3 day ribfest. X32 out front, and on the mons. I had to use an analog snake becuase one of the headliners came in with an aviom rig ( well what USED to be an aviom rig). There was black electrcial wrapped around the back holding it on... Anyways, I wanted to share some pics. some comments, good or bad would be appreciated...
I put some more thans a fist width of spacing between the delay behind FOH on day 2 after I took this picture to increase the coverage.
BTW the organizers thought it woul dbe a good idea to put my foh tent 120FEET AWAY, as to not block the benches.... thank god I didn't have any guest BE's, or I wouldn't have any speakers left...
I was measuring 88db at the console with my iphone spl meter, c weight and 95 where I thought I should be, and 105 about 10' from the subs. I set-up an end-fire sub arrangement, worked very well ! I was at a show at this same place 2 weeks ago... The sound company then had 12 SB1000z ( 6 per side) and 8 peavey 2x18" on the front, and there was less bottom than my 4 SB1000z per side... I was told by the BE on that show, they had alignment issues....
Anyways, the x32's worked well - I ended up switching it on saturday to an LS-9 out front just to hear the difference. It was hard to tell since I was dealing with different groups, and not really a fair comparision (apples to apples). I stayed with the Ls-9 for sunday. I'll be trying it all over again in 2 weeks....

Attachments

• ribfest2013 (5).jpg
    ribfest2013 (5).jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ribfest2013 (8).jpg
    ribfest2013 (8).jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ribfest2013 (9).jpg
    ribfest2013 (9).jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ribfest2013 (11).jpg
    ribfest2013 (11).jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ribfest2013 (14).jpg
    ribfest2013 (14).jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ribfest2013 (16).jpg
    ribfest2013 (16).jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 0
  • ribfest2013 (17).jpg
    ribfest2013 (17).jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

i do, just vb6 stuck in my head! Fx is a little more complicated because that's fine if the fx type is changing, but not if you are making an adjustment! I think it might have to send the fx parameter then resend if it gets a type change and deal with any errors that might occur. Not sure how this will work, but it'll have to wait! I'm of to do a show tomorrow testing out my app in a real situation! Fx changes via the iPad for now.

Just finished a dress rehearsal of Copacabana using the 2 x32s sync'd together. Ironed out a few minor bugs in the software yesterday at the technical (having my laptop with the source code on it!). Nothing drastic just a few things like the lamp brightness and separating the solos from each desk.

Even managed to run all my sound effects from the slave desk to the main with it linked to my Show Cue System software via midi. Had my laptop viewing the main pc via VNC.

Next week I'll release version 1 for anyone who wants it.

Re: Dual X32 weekend

Hey Guys,

Thought I would share a photo from a recent Atlas Genius show at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC.
They are using an X32 and S16 stageboxes on their current world tour.

Atlas Genius small.jpg

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Firmware Update

Hmmm, my consoles have 1.13, and the X Mix is saying the console needs updating. However, the most recent downloadable firmware is 1.13 from February.

One product is ahead of the other?

:?~:-?~:???:

Just finished a dress rehearsal of Copacabana using the 2 x32s sync'd together. Ironed out a few minor bugs in the software yesterday at the technical (having my laptop with the source code on it!). Nothing drastic just a few things like the lamp brightness and separating the solos from each desk.

Even managed to run all my sound effects from the slave desk to the main with it linked to my Show Cue System software via midi. Had my laptop viewing the main pc via VNC.

Next week I'll release version 1 for anyone who wants it.

What does it do exactly beside continue to make sound if the aes50 link goes down? Is it for that purpose, or to have two mix positions?
Don't get me wrong, I admire and applaud the effort, but what are you actually achieving in practical terms by using the software?

Re: Firmware Update

Hmmm, my consoles have 1.13, and the X Mix is saying the console needs updating.

I noticed that too. There is a firmware update for the XUF card available on the website, which apparently fixes problems with USB connections on Macs, which I have yet to install. Perhaps the message is triggered by the absence of that?

I noticed that too. There is a firmware update for the XUF card available on the website, which apparently fixes problems with USB connections on Macs, which I have yet to install. Perhaps the message is triggered by the absence of that?

Possibly, but I'm not using a Mac or the USB connection, only Ethernet and iPad. I have it on good authority that there will be a firmware update soon...

What does it do exactly beside continue to make sound if the aes50 link goes down? Is it for that purpose, or to have two mix positions?
Don't get me wrong, I admire and applaud the effort, but what are you actually achieving in practical terms by using the software?

That's precisely the reason for this feature to be implemented. If the connection to FOH gets damaged, there is no loss of sound, just loss of control from FOH. All control can be immediately taken over by the Monitor board on stage.

Alternatively, from FOH, you've got the ability to take over monitors if the monitor guy has to go attend to nature for a minute. Yes, that could be done with an iPad, but having the control right on the surface is oh so much easier.

Hmmm, my consoles have 1.13, and the X Mix is saying the console needs updating. However, the most recent downloadable firmware is 1.13 from February.

One product is ahead of the other?

:?~:-?~:???:

I had the same message showing at my first try, so I went back to the computer to check for firmware updates on the behringer website to find that I already was working with the newest firmware (1.13).
As I went back to the console and tried to connect for the 2nd time, the message didn´t appear and all went flawlessly. :confused:

That's precisely the reason for this feature to be implemented. If the connection to FOH gets damaged, there is no loss of sound, just loss of control from FOH. All control can be immediately taken over by the Monitor board on stage.

Alternatively, from FOH, you've got the ability to take over monitors if the monitor guy has to go attend to nature for a minute. Yes, that could be done with an iPad, but having the control right on the surface is oh so much easier.

Sure, as long as you can get by with just using the capabilities of one board, and I guess that is more than adequate in a lot of situations. Anyway, an impressive effort.

I had the same message showing at my first try, so I went back to the computer to check for firmware updates on the behringer website to find that I already was working with the newest firmware (1.13).
As I went back to the console and tried to connect for the 2nd time, the message didn´t appear and all went flawlessly. :confused:

I wonder how I could upgrade FiWi Firmware using a Mac. The given files are WOndows (32, 64 bit) only. Any Ideas?

Thanks for chiming in.

Henry

Dear Guys,

Sorry for the confusion, there will be a firmware update in the coming days to address this and add some exciting new features.
We will post when the file goes live on the X32 downloads page.

Last edited:

Dear Guys,

Firmware 1.15 is now live on the X32 product page:
Behringer: DIGITAL MIXER X32
improvements:
- support for latest X32-Edit
- 'select follows solo' function only selects a channel when solo is activated, not when deactivated
- icon and name now copied when activating a channel link
new features:
- additional aux routing sources (2, 4, or 6 channels)
- direct routing of aux inputs to aes ports and/or card
- push & hold the encoder during power-on to initialize the X32CORE
- X32CORE enters 'safe to power off' mode (i.e. all settings saved) when in setup menu (push & hold the USB button)