Behringer iNUKE NU6000 amplifier

Re: Behringer iNUKE NU6000 amplifier

I dont see 9200 s come up that often and when they do they are usualy in the price range of a new XTi 6002 and if I saved a bit more I could get used Itech's . None of wich cost 400.00 like the nu6000 so I believe I will go that route at least once to see if it is worth getting more or a more expensive amp.

9200's used go for around $1000, 8200's $750. Thought xti's were like $2000, along with having a bad name for them on sub duty??

Question about the Inuke DSP versions: the settings for power limiting, are these RMS values or are these the "Behringer-peak" values?
When you set these for example at 500W / 8 ohms, will the amp limit the power to 500W rms and let peaks through of 1000W?

Question about the Inuke DSP versions: the settings for power limiting, are these RMS values or are these the "Behringer-peak" values?
When you set these for example at 500W / 8 ohms, will the amp limit the power to 500W rms and let peaks through of 1000W?
As far as I know it is a zero-attack peak limiter. I've asked for a rms-based limiter as well...

Perhaps the dynamics section can be used to emulate a rms-limiter?

I just read through the tests presented at

Here's a naive question regarding power supplies. For products that don't have active power factor correction, are there any mains-voltage devices that can be put inline to cleanup current harmonics and poor power factor? That is, anything better than passive filters?

Thanks,
Nothing very practical. Harmonics in the mains wiring is caused by how the current is drawn (non-sinusoidal) interacting with the wires resistance. A Passive solution is to use heavier gauge wire (not practical). Adding reactance to the mains wiring can smear and spread out the current peaks, but may limit power transfer. A free standing PFC between the mains and the amp, capable of delivering adequate current would not be a cheap product by itself. If needed, building it into the amp is cheaper than stand alone.

Years ago it looked like PFC would be mandated for all power amps (sold into EU zone) and all the major amp makers developed the capability. Since then the legislators backed off, and only a handful made it into production.

JR

Can't understand the pricing of the NU4-6000 (€579) Using thomann prices you can buy 2 NU3000's (€279) each and get some change. Whilst taking up a little more space this option gives greater redundancy and greater flexibility.

I expected the pricing to be a little more than an NU6000 (€369) as I believe it is basically the same amp.
I was going to buy a couple of NU4's but the pricing has made it pointless.

Can't understand the pricing of the NU4-6000 (€579) Using thomann prices you can buy 2 NU3000's (€279) each and get some change. Whilst taking up a little more space this option gives greater redundancy and greater flexibility.

I expected the pricing to be a little more than an NU6000 (€369) as I believe it is basically the same amp.
I was going to buy a couple of NU4's but the pricing has made it pointless.
I suspect their COGS is less than twice the COGS of the NU6000 - but there is WAY less competition in the 2U four channel amp space. The street price is about the same as a Carvin DCM2004L - but the Carvin can't drive 2 ohm loads or be bridged.

I suspect their COGS is less than twice the COGS of the NU6000 - but there is WAY less competition in the 2U four channel amp space. The street price is about the same as a Carvin DCM2004L - but the Carvin can't drive 2 ohm loads or be bridged.

Uhh... I have a Carvin and it can be bridged.

A DCM2004L (four channel) ? There's no bridge switches - how did you do it?
If the internal amps are not already bridged-you can drive 2 inputs out of polarity and hook the speaker between the 2 hot terminals.

HOWEVER-with modern class D amps-some of the "Hot" terminals are actually the NEGATIVE terminal and the polarity is flipping inside the amp.

In those cases you just parallel (in polarity) the 2 inputs and hook the speaker between the 2 RED terminals.

So as usual-the answer is-IT DEPENDS

If the internal amps are not already bridged-you can drive 2 inputs out of polarity and hook the speaker between the 2 hot terminals. HOWEVER-with modern class D amps-some of the "Hot" terminals are actually the NEGATIVE terminal and the polarity is flipping inside the amp. In those cases you just parallel (in polarity) the 2 inputs and hook the speaker between the 2 RED terminals. So as usual-the answer is-IT DEPENDS
Yes, the Peavey IPR amps are like that but the NU3000 I have is not. I don't need to bridge it myself - just pointing out the differences.

BTW what's a "RED terminal"?

That would be the old fashioned 5 way binding posts-which some amps still use-even the "big boys".
D'oh! But in your usage I think you meant one black and one red for an amp that is internally polarity flipped on one channel ? You'd want the hot black terminal for the flipped channel and the hot red terminal for the "normal" channel.

OK, just reread the thread because I didn't recall seeing this issue raised earlier, and didn't see it now, so:

Got some of the 4 channel 6000's and the 2 channel 6000's. Used a 4 channel at a very low volume show the other night, and it worked great and talent spontaneously commented about how good their monitors sounded (Ramsa WSA 200's, 15 years old?).

In spending some time with them today in preparation for adding more to show inventory, noticed something very odd.

The labeling for the output connectors is screwed up. When looking at it not very closely, you think it says:

First twistlock output connector: Channel A (left of pair) on pinset 1, Channel B (right of pair) on pinset 2.

Second twistlock output connector: Channel B on pinset 1.

The way it's actually labeled, though, is that the right hand connector is Channel A, and the left hand connector is Channel B, along with a diagram:

IMG_2070.jpg

Combining the chart with the connector labels makes no sense.

I guess it would make sense if the connectors themselves were named something other than the same as the amp channels.

The reason it probably hasn't been a problem for anyone is that the connectors behave exactly as you'd think they should behave.

Still, it's odd and needlessly confusing.

Also, when they first came I left them all on for the better part of a week. I learned that powering 8 amps at idle caused a GFCI trip after a few hours but not immediately. Repeatedly. Going to 4 amps at idle per GFCI stopped that problem, and they stayed powered up just fine.

And I was surprised to learn that there seems to be no power up/off thump through the speakers, which is a very nice surprise for an amp at this price point.

I've been similarly happy with my iNuke 6000, haven't really had a chance to run it through its paces but should be able to get something going mid november.

My experience with these amps has been very good and no problems since we bought them a year ago. We use 6 NU6000 and 4 NU3000DSP's that drive mostly jbl speakers. They are out on gigs all the time at sometimes nasty weather condition. pleased with the sound and getting great compliments...

My experience with these amps has been very good and no problems since we bought them a year ago. We use 6 NU6000 and 4 NU3000DSP's that drive mostly jbl speakers. They are out on gigs all the time at sometimes nasty weather condition. pleased with the sound and getting great compliments...

Behringer sucks and I don't mind not being rude about it either, bought a bad NU6000 over here sent it for repair and it came back worse, bought the VP2520's with the amp and 1 of the woofers is blown basically right outta the cardboard box it arrived in, I know the old country manager here for Behringer in Japan and I know why he left, because the shit sucks and I'm pissed, you know what it feels like to not be able to be able to listen to music?

Dear all,

2.) With the exception of David Ohyama, we have never had a customer that reported this particular issue. When we spoke earlier about a Japanese customer, we spoke about David, but out of courtesy didn't want to mention his name.
We invited David to our Care Center in Tokyo so we could demonstrate to him that the amp is fully functioning, but he has not yet taken up the opportunity. The distributor Sound House is equally happy to demonstrate to him that the amp is working perfectly fine.

Since the amp is not working at David's location, there is unfortunately nothing else we can do and we recommend him to return the amp for a full refund. Our recommendation would be to go for a linear power amp which is less susceptible to mains voltage variation.

I don't recall anyone asking me for a visit to Behringer what so ever but anyway. We have been watching the AMP again this morning and it seems to reset itself itself at almost exactly every 5 minute interval. I have asked Sound House JP to give me a swap for an EP 4000. I can make do with that as long as it doesn't shut down. Anyone out there have a feeling we would have the same problem with the EP 4000? Sound House is wiiling to make the swap but the only problem is there is no country stock. For like 2 months! I really wish BR would understand our issue with the NU6 and just rush us the EP 4000. The NU6 is brand new maybe 12 weeks with us, fixed once, now it even seems worse than before. Really needed the NU6 this for tomorrow but it not going to happen. Really frustrated here.

Behringer sucks and I don't mind not being rude about it either, bought a bad NU6000 over here sent it for repair and it came back worse, bought the VP2520's with the amp and 1 of the woofers is blown basically right outta the cardboard box it arrived in, I know the old country manager here for Behringer in Japan and I know why he left, because the shit sucks and I'm pissed, you know what it feels like to not be able to be able to listen to music?

So what happened when you visited Sound House and/or the Care Center in Tokyo with your amp?

Did you get a full refund, if the visit(s) did not end to your satisfaction?

Did you get a new amp of a different brand? Is it working fine in your location?