Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Re: Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Why not? It is particularly difficult when you are using the iPad app to change the gains with any precision.

I've seen too many guys put their Venue boards in gains-on-fader by accident.

I don't gave my iPad close by but I'm pretty sure if you move your finger left or right after grabbing the control you can increase the adjustment resolution.

Sent from my iPhone

IMO a good balance is fixing all identified problems. Adding new features help the company sell more units to new customers. Fixing bugs help the customers who already paid their money, and aren't hot candidates for spending more soon.

That said software is never finished, and a system of this complexity will probably never be completely bug free, but I would focus my effort more on fixing stuff to take care of the peeps who spent their money.

Absolutely, fixing the bugs is important, even for new customers. A bug-free product hopefully means less resources spent on support, and less experienced users constantly nagging :twisted:.

However, it isn't like old users don't benefit from new features, so it is still a winning situation for current users when new features are implemented.

Important from a revenue point of view is of course the way new features can extend the life of the product, extending the revenue-generating life of the product, which benefits the current customers because the company can then justify the resources supporting the product.

Probably, the focus for a while will be bug-fixing V2. Features are only useful if they can be used reliably and in the way they are intended (and perceived) to be used.

Important from a revenue point of view is of course the way new features can extend the life of the product, extending the revenue-generating life of the product, which benefits the current customers because the company can then justify the resources supporting the product.

I have heard that tune before where a product using embedded processing and software could be updated and kept fresh just by updating the software.

How well did that work for your PC? In the music world, what about the digital keyboard/syth that would never ever become obsolete (bzzt wrong). :)

Hardware more than software upgrades tends to obsolete SKUs with lots of embedding processing content. New improved hardware typically gets, smaller, faster and cheaper.. Adding significant features are not about finessing some low level code routines, but typically from increasing processing power several fold. That processing power tends to define the overall program architecture and capability (like numbers of whatevers).

JR

My wishlist:
- fix bugs
- (adjustable) low cut on talkback,
- remote control of one X32 by another using the ethernet subchannel on aes50,
- it would be very nice if an X32 can bridge the (remote) ethernet trafic across the aes50 ethernet subchannel to another X32, e.g. to make an ethernet connection from foh to stage or vice versa.

I have heard that tune before where a product using embedded processing and software could be updated and kept fresh just by updating the software.

Of course, you can't stop time by firmware updates, but one assumes that learning along the way means that the product evolves and thus warrants a longer usability life. One doesn't need to double processing power to refine.

"Isn't that mixer three years old now?"
"Yes, but we just brought out this upgrade you see, the new firmware is the result of nearly four years of continuous development, ....."
"Really, but the processor is kinda old, isn't it?"
"Yes, and just for that reason, this is by now a tried and tested design that delivers solid performance without any surprises or hiccups"
......and so on.

One day development has to stop, X32 MKII with new processor will take over and the cycle will repeat.
Still, sound will be sound, ears will still be ears and the setting in which we use the equipment won't change significantly, so the development isn't wasted even when the current hardware version stops rolling off the assembly line.

Of course, you can't stop time by firmware updates, but one assumes that learning along the way means that the product evolves and thus warrants a longer usability life. One doesn't need to double processing power to refine.

"Isn't that mixer three years old now?"
"Yes, but we just brought out this upgrade you see, the new firmware is the result of nearly four years of continuous development, ....."
"Really, but the processor is kinda old, isn't it?"
"Yes, and just for that reason, this is by now a tried and tested design that delivers solid performance without any surprises or hiccups"
......and so on.

One day development has to stop, X32 MKII with new processor will take over and the cycle will repeat.
Still, sound will be sound, ears will still be ears and the setting in which we use the equipment won't change significantly, so the development isn't wasted even when the current hardware version stops rolling off the assembly line.
Isn't that called a LS-9 :lol:.

That's a failure of the app, not the mixer.

I think it would be a neat feature even on the console since you could see 16 channels of gains and VU meters at once.

I can see where if you got yourself into this mode on accident that things could get ugly fast.

Isn't that called a LS-9 :lol:.
I was thinking "01v...."

You could make less flattering comparisons, those are probably the two most successful digital boards in a historical perspective, only recently being oveertaken by the X32.

I assume that the lessons learned with the 01 and the LS-9 has been put to good use in the QL.

The X32 now evolves in a partially user driven fashion, establishing a feature set and an interface that agrees with user preferences. Next generation of common-platform mixers from Behringer/Midas will probably be an evolution of the current platform, carrying over much of the look and feel and operational logic of the current interface while adding features that are beyond the current hardware platform.

V2.02 is practically bug-free, there isn't a lot of need for resources going into ironing out the kinks.

How well did that work for your PC? In the music world, what about the digital keyboard/syth that would never ever become obsolete (bzzt wrong). :)

Hardware more than software upgrades tends to obsolete SKUs with lots of embedding processing content. New improved hardware typically gets, smaller, faster and cheaper.. Adding significant features are not about finessing some low level code routines, but typically from increasing processing power several fold. That processing power tends to define the overall program architecture and capability (like numbers of whatevers).

JR

This can be evaluated on an individual basis. I have a10 year old Pentium 4 1Ghz PC running PT9 on Windows 7 just fine... Just on a simple tracking machine but still serves a business purpose if just for transferring files to and from PT.

Dear All,
As we have just rolled out generation 2.0 firmware for the X32, we are now starting to collect feature requests for 3.0. As mentioned some time ago we are considering adding auto-pitch correction as well as auto-mixing, a technology we are very familiar with. Auto-mixing has already been implemented in some of our commercial audio products, such as our EUROCOM MA6000M.

John- think you will find a post for V3 ideas and wish list items on your own Community pages.

I'd like a real good touch screen interface as an update to the X32 Edit applications.
And how about a RDP app for the on screen display.

And my X32 Expander delayering tool.

CH1- 16 on the left extender, 17 - 32 on the X32, DCA's in the center, and Bus 1-16 on the right extender.

Attachments

• X32Extended.jpg
    X32Extended.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 0

To the guys wanting redundant AES50 on the console:

How would that work on the other end? The only open port is the B port on the S16, and isn't that an output port only? Could its function be transformed into a redundant input?

Or would you only be able to go to another X32 with the redundant ports?

It's a cool idea and could help drive the STP multi-Ethernet cables that I want to exist in supplier numbers larger than 1, but both ends have to be redundant-capable.

And my X32 Expander delayering tool.

CH1- 16 on the left extender, 17 - 32 on the X32, DCA's in the center, and Bus 1-16 on the right extender.

Nice going, Glenn! That looks great and would be useful. More so if the left extender could have its own S16 and you could keep the layers on the main console....

You do good art.

Dan

Dear all,

Allow me to chime in.

When we launched the X32 around 2 years ago, we stated that the X32 would be a journey - a long term journey of continuous innovation and improvements. Since then we have launched major firmware upgrades – all free of charge. This dedication will remain and in fact there is much more to come as the X32 is built on a modern and powerful technology platform.

The Dante, Madi and ADAT network cards will be in stores very soon and the upcoming X TOUCH controller will seamlessly integrate and further expand the functionality of all X32 models. More is planned in particular with the new Acoustic Integration feature in the 2.0 firmware which allows for seamless digital networking in conjunction with the new TURBOSOUND speakers.

We are very honored and humbled to have just received two more major Awards for “Mixer of the Year” and having sold more than 100,000 units, we like to take the opportunity to thank all customers for their immense support.

Over the past two years we have been carefully listening to the forum community here and many of the requested features made it into the 2.0 firmware. Please continue to share with us your feature requests as these are very valuable. Thank you.

Warm regards

Uli

Last edited:

Already planning for a v3?! Wow!!!

Get rid of those blocks of eight and implement a freely assignable routing matrix.

Oh, and I have this fantastic idéa. It would be awesome if we could play mp3-files.

I play iTunes on the mac thru the x-uf card and collect it as card input in an aux in...or channels in the core
... now back to releasing the new x32-edit, please, we core owners paid too...

Klaus