Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Re: Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Midi tap tempo for the internal delay effects. The delays are kinda useless till I can use my foot pedal to tap. Thanks

Good idea, but that means I've got to put the expander wing in a loose flight case somewhere.
Either that or Gator is going to have to come up with the G-Tour X32-E.
Then I'll need a bigger car....

Karl.

I'd like a real good touch screen interface as an update to the X32 Edit applications.
And how about a RDP app for the on screen display.

And my X32 Expander delayering tool.

CH1- 16 on the left extender, 17 - 32 on the X32, DCA's in the center, and Bus 1-16 on the right extender.

1) Insert with variable patch points accessible via card i/o
2) Fader overflow like on the compact on the standard size desk
3) Custom fader layer
4) Vertical pairing
5) External monitor connection for those of us over 50

Otherwise a great desk at an even better price point!!!!

Auto-mixing! If it's done well I would welcome it. The first thought is to make sure you can link multiple consoles together. I'm not sure that all the mix buses need to be shared but the auto-mix "logic" should be shared so that systems with more than 32 inputs can be built (or so that multiple "small block" x32s can be assembled together). I have several other ideas pertaining to this but I'm not sure I can share them for free. ;) [contact me privately]

Also, the high pass for the talkback is an excellent idea and one that I'm surprised wasn't in at least ver 2.0. A talkback mic is a very obvious place to use a robust high pass filter and it can often mean the difference between being understood [on stage] or sounding like unintelligible mush.

Last edited:

1) Fix the bug when you link a channel and then unlink it, the PAN's for each channel are still Panned to the left and right forcing me to manually go in and change that.
2) Change the ability to adjust the SENDs type (PreEQ, POst EQ, Post FADE etc) on a BUS by BUS basis - not in groups of two. If you don't layout everything perfectly in the first place you end up with groupings where you want one changed and not the other and are stuck.

Auto-mixing! If it's done well I would welcome it. The first thought is to make sure you can link multiple consoles together. I'm not sure that all the mix buses need to be shared but the auto-mix "logic" should be shared so that systems with more than 32 inputs can be built (or so that multiple "small block" x32s can be assembled together). I have several other ideas pertaining to this but I'm not sure I can share them for free. ;) [contact me privately]

Also, the high pass for the talkback is an excellent idea and one that I'm surprised wasn't in at least ver 2.0. A talkback mic is a very obvious place to use a robust high pass filter and it can often mean the difference between being understood [on stage] or sounding like unintelligible mush.

How many channels do you need automix on? You realize that it is a talking heads aid, right? It doesn't do concerts for you.

Sent from my iPad HD

Some requests I made for V2 that I will keep asking for - BTW thanks as you got MANY of my requests in V2!

1) Pitch Correction (ie AutoTune etc) - glad to see this is on your radar for V3.

2) Drum sampler (similar to Slate Trigger or Drumagog), which allows you to load samples from USB drive, and has a blend control so it can be mixed with the original signal rather than fully replaced.

3) Gain Guess - on some consoles such as the Avid Venue, you can press down on the gain pot to have it automatically guess the gain. Great for festivals etc where you have no time for soundcheck etc. It roughs in a starting point and you can move on to more pressing issues like getting mix balances up and running.

4) Fast access channel presets - a user configurable preset for a channel (gain, hpf, dyn, EQ) that can be VERY rapidly selected for a channel, so that I could pull up a kick or toms or acoustic gtr etc preset in just a couple button presses.

Generally with the X32, it is fantastic and has been one of my best purchases ever.
If I had to mention one weakness, it would be getting up and running when there is no time for soundcheck or pre-programming a scene. Of course this is something most digital consoles struggle with. I would simply encourage you to consider every means of making it fast to get up and running with. My 4th suggestion above is an example. There are still occasional situations (complex and fast paced monitor mixing etc) where I am choosing analog.

Thanks again for keeping the X32 as a "living" project, and congrats on the 100K consoles sales milestone. That is VERY significant.

5: As far as the auto mixing goes.... Again, debatable. Hey if the musicians are lazy, why not the sound guys. We don't get credit for making them sound good anyway. And that can also give sound engineers exposed to that another excuse to not know how to do something that doesn't do the job for them.:thumbup:

Just remember the x32 isn't used for just musicians. I have an x32 Rack installed in one of my rooms at work and it runs 16 channels of wireless that are used for conference meetings. Being able to automix would be amazing at that price point. Had I had more budget when looking for better control I would have gotten a Lectrosonics Aspen unit. So Auto mixing would be much welcomed by me, as no one else has a rackmount 16 channel unit like the x32 Rack has. Its very nice for the corporate environment.

How many channels do you need automix on? You realize that it is a talking heads aid, right? It doesn't do concerts for you.

Sent from my iPad HD

Professional automatic mixers are designed so you can cascade multiple units together and have the NOM characteristic accurately preserved. However needing more than 32 active inputs, is way more than the typical AM application, while there are hundreds of inputs active in an automated system like used in congress. The most I've heard about that used my old (analog) 8 input Peavey AM design was maybe 60 or so active mic inputs.

This expandability increases the system complexity somewhat, and doesn't strike me as a huge concern for a value digital mixer feature. Servicing 32 talking heads will cover 99.9% of all potential applications. (the Midas version AM can be made linkable.. :) )

If you had to, you could probably feed the final AM output from one 32 input AM into any open input of the second 32 input AM with only subtle gain sharing errors if there are numerous dissimilar active channels open simultaneously spread across two platforms.

JR

Mute group behaviour. It's been said god knows how many times on here but it bears saying again. A channel mute should override a mute group. If I turn a channel off it should bloody well stay off until I turn it on again. The way it works at the moment is, for me, utterly useless.

Mute group behaviour. It's been said god knows how many times on here but it bears saying again. A channel mute should override a mute group. If I turn a channel off it should bloody well stay off until I turn it on again. The way it works at the moment is, for me, utterly useless.

I never said anything about this before but I would want a mute group to mute and unmute the channels I put in it.
I hated the "mute safe". If you want it safe, don't group it in the first place.

I would like the same selection process for the mutes as DCA's and it is not.

I would use a separate case, but on my X32 case I split the lid to do this.
See, plenty of room on the let or right. I use this desk space for the PC, iPad, Food and Drink now

Hi Glenn,

What is that Ridgid thing holding up the case? How tall, heavy, wide, etc. is it?

Thanks,
Dan

Some ideas brought up in the past but not implemented in 2.02, and some new ones:

- Dual Mono Delay, like having two effects engines in one slot; NOT tied together in any way, totally independent
- Vertical stereo pairing, or pick any two as linked, controlled by either fader
- Being able to have any fx in any slot, and being able to have more than just 4 slots for true effects
- An adjustable speed for the Spectrograph
- Make Multiband compressor available without sacrificing an effects slot

Thanks.

Hi Glenn,

What is that Ridgid thing holding up the case? How tall, heavy, wide, etc. is it?

Thanks,
Dan
My case is mounted to it. It is a AC9945 https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/ac9945-miter-saw-utility-vehicle

it puts the mixer bottom about 34 inches off the ground, my preferred standing height.
it fold up so you do not have to lift the case. From truck ramp to show ready in about 5 min.
No lifting one man, or woman operation. I had it made by my long time friend John at Mueller Speaker Service.

My case is mounted to it. It is a AC9945 https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/ac9945-miter-saw-utility-vehicle

it puts the mixer bottom about 34 inches off the ground, my preferred standing height.
it fold up so you do not have to lift the case. From truck ramp to show ready in about 5 min.
No lifting one man, or woman operation. I had it made by my long time friend John at Mueller Speaker Service.

Very clever. Nice!

How long have you had it, and do the plastic wheels seem like they'll hold up?

I'm using the Gator 3 piece cases to which I've added some steel caster outriggers to keep from falling over (I think the casters are too close together on the standard case). I bet those outriggers could be slid outboard to the bottom side of the case when in use, and this guy might not tip it over when transporting on the Gator casters. The plastic wheels would maybe be removed? Or left in place if they'll take a modest beating.

$200 + $38 shipping at Amazon third party seller (no Prime), $199 at Home Depot + free shipping or instore pickup. 65 pounds. 11 1/4 inches thick when folded up. One person setup. Hmmmmmm.

I'll be making a trip to HD to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Dan

Edit: Making this relevant to the thread, I request something similar: an easy to use and inexpensive stand that will allow a single user to set up a console. Yes, I'm adjusting the meaning of Firmware to include solid objects.

Hi,

Please allow us to route channel ouputs (Pre Fader but POST everything else preferrably) to the recording card.

Thanks
Pauly

Dear All,
As we have just rolled out generation 2.0 firmware for the X32, we are now starting to collect feature requests for 3.0. As mentioned some time ago we are considering adding auto-pitch correction as well as auto-mixing, a technology we are very familiar with. Auto-mixing has already been implemented in some of our commercial audio products, such as our EUROCOM MA6000M.

Hi,

Please allow us to route channel ouputs (Pre Fader but POST everything else preferrably) to the recording card.

Thanks
Pauly

Sorry Pauly,

as you know not bothered about that! - but would like a tap pre-delay for Bus sends.

I never said anything about this before but I would want a mute group to mute and unmute the channels I put in it.
I hated the "mute safe". If you want it safe, don't group it in the first place.

I would like the same selection process for the mutes as DCA's and it is not.
Imagine I'm running a night with multiple bands, so I put 4 vocal mics across the front of the stage to cover all eventualities. I then put them all in a "vocals" mute group.

But the first band only uses 2 of these mics. So I mute the other two unused channels on the respective channel strips. However, when I unmute the group as the band walks on stage all 4 mics become live. Obviously this isn't what I want...