Danley SM80 and others shootout Monday January 14 at Danley in Gainesville, GA.

Re: Danley SM80 and others shootout Monday January 14 at Danley in Gainesville, GA.

Looks like the VRX is back on. Somebody else is going to bring some. Also on the smaller side a Meyer UPM-1P will be here.

Re: Danley SM80 and others shootout Monday January 14 at Danley in Gainesville, GA.

It's confirmed, I'll be there with a tri-amp rack for the 650's and an sb1000.

Regrets... have a week at the opera (Othello) so I can't attend. I'm officially jealous, I really wanted to be there. ;)

Regrets... have a week at the opera (Othello) so I can't attend. I'm officially jealous, I really wanted to be there. ;)
I was hoping you could make it.

You are always welcome for a private demo-there won't be as much side by side with other manufacturers. But we do have some other gear around that comes and goes.

But I understand-you got to make the paycheck :)

We will have a live vocalist to help with the demo as well. The former lead singer of The Atlanta Rhythm Section, Andy Anderson, has graciously volunteered his time for this event. He is bringing a Beyerdynamic SCM 930 M wireless set up and a good old wired SM58 for us to use. Since vocal projection is one of the key things I will be looking for in these cabinets I thought this would be appropriate.

Sad news. Eric Cagle (who started the thread and really wanted to hear various products that will be at the demo)-is in the hospital.

He had a blood clot last night and it went to his kidney. I talked to him this morning and he sounds fine and would like to be released-but they were not talking about that yet.

He has made arrangements for his part of the gear to arrive tomorrow morning.

So everything should go as planned. He guesses he will have to rely on the opinions of others. But that can be hard-especially in audio.

Anyway we should still have some fun. It looks like a good sized crowd will be there. More than just on this forum.

The last I heard was GA bar-B-que for lunch. But I am letting others handle that.

Prayers are out to Eric for a speedy recovery.

See y'all tomorrow. We will start setting up before 8am. Looking to get started around 10:30 or 11-depending on how it all goes setting up.

For those that don't know-the address is 2196 Hilton Drive Gainesville GA 30501 770-535-0204.

Go to the Danley office at the end (the first door you get to with the Danley sign above it) and they will guide you to the demo room.

Wow. I hope Eric is better very soon.

I soooo want to be there, but I'm the noizeboy for Otello... and that means I'll be hanging lights for an insufferable designer for 2 days before finding out there is no sound designer and I get to pull a "design" out of some bodily orifice, that will ultimately not please the opera company. I'm doing Otello because the opera company has proven sufficiently difficult to work with that the "A" list audio hands chose to work 1 day on an arena show rather than a week of warbling.

edit ps. Different lighting designer... whole show hung and circuited in 3 hours.

Last edited:

Wow. I hope Eric is better very soon.

I soooo want to be there, but I'm the noizeboy for Otello... and that means I'll be hanging lights for an insufferable designer for 2 days before finding out there is no sound designer and I get to pull a "design" out of some bodily orifice, that will ultimately not please the opera company. I'm doing Otello because the opera company has proven sufficiently difficult to work with that the "A" list audio hands chose to work 1 day on an arena show rather than a week of warbling.
Sometimes you just need to do it exactly as they say-no matter how wrong it is.

Then when they see it doesn't work-you say "I did it like you said-now what do you want me to do".

As a construction guy told me once "if they say to put a large block in the middle of the room I will (and charge them for it)-THEN I will charge them more to take it down.

Yeah it doesn't make sense-but just take the money and be happy. Just stick your "practical hat" in your rear pocket for a few days. Then they will move on ad bitch to the new "victims" at the next town.

As long as the check clears----------------------------------