TC Group / Music Group Anger Fest and Rumor Mill

Re: New Yamaha TF series digital mixers

Didn't Music Group recently acquire TC, Tannoy, etc? Will Uli be funding this ultimately? :razz:

Nope, at least not as far as corporate websites claim. According to corporate websites,

The Music Group is
* Midas
* Klark Teknik
* Behringer
* Bugera
* Eurotec
* Turbosound

The TC Group is
* Tannoy
* TC Electronic
* TC-Helicon
* Lab.gruppen
* Lake
* TC Applied Technologies
* White Acoustics

Nope, at least not as far as corporate websites claim. According to corporate websites,

The Music Group is
* Midas
* Klark Teknik
* Behringer
* Bugera
* Eurotec
* Turbosound

The TC Group is
* Tannoy
* TC Electronic
* TC-Helicon
* Lab.gruppen
* Lake
* TC Applied Technologies
* White Acoustics

Just wait for it. Are none of you guys dealers?

With the Music Group, each brand has a different Regional Rep. And then Each Brand has various purchase requirements and they don't count for the other one.

This is true, but not the point of my question. Sales reps and manufacturers talk. This is a very small industry and people change jobs like underwear and socks. Well, as often as those who actually wear underwear and socks.

This is true, but not the point of my question. Sales reps and manufacturers talk. This is a very small industry and people change jobs like underwear and socks. Well, as often as those who actually wear underwear and socks.

Ugh, gross. If they had purchased TC, we would know about it. Talks may be secret or behind closed doors, but if they had purchased the company, it would have to be reported to the proper financial and governmental authorities. It would be plenty obvious.

Ugh, gross. If they had purchased TC, we would know about it. Talks may be secret or behind closed doors, but if they had purchased the company, it would have to be reported to the proper financial and governmental authorities. It would be plenty obvious.

The chatter I heard began this week, so maybe the ink isn't dry, or a BUNCH of people are wrong. But, judging by the number of people talking about it, and who, I don't think so.

Build a company by ripping off a bunch of other manufacturers ip. Build the lowest quality cheapest music store crap for 20 years then start buying the best brands to gain credibility meanwhile taking the guts out and replacing with junk parts. Yea. Good idea. Not one dime of my money ever.

Last edited:

Build a company by ripping off a bunch of oter manufacturers ip. Build the lowest quality cheapest music store crap for 20 years then start buying the best brands to gain credibility meanwhile taking the guys out and replacing with junk parts. Yea. Good idea. Not one dime of my money ever.

I think the only company I'd trust with them right now is Yamaha to be quite honest. Almost funny in a thread originally about Yamaha digital mixers.

Anyone seen the iOS app? I've been waiting for a proper personal monitor mixer app from Yamaha, and they seem to have added something like that for the TF. I want that kind of app for the QL/CL, assuming it's done properly.
Didn't the CL and QL just open up to multi client iPad apps with the latest software revision? I know they have an iPhone app for the TF series now, but is it ostensibly different from the iPad app?

With the Music Group, each brand has a different Regional Rep. And then Each Brand has various purchase requirements and they don't count for the other one.
I heard they are consolidating distributors and rep firms all over world. When they aquired midas turbosound historically each had own distributor and now they are moving to one in each country, also in US they do same and consolidate. my friend told me they hired big Alan Geer rep firm in california which is also Shure rep. I dont think Uli has enough money to buy TC group... i read somewhere that value is 170 million dollars. I think Yamaha will buy or maybe Shure... TC group has very good brands