X16 Preview

Re: Now you can see the iX16 !

Awesome.. I see they ditched the gain knobs :) (Uli, you can thank us later)

judging by the price of the X32 and how much cheaper this must be to produce (100s fewer knobs, no screen, no motorized faders) it should come in at an amazing price point

It's not my ideal format, but since I already own an iPad this will probably be in the price range where I'd pick one up just for the heck of it.

Jason

Awesome.. I see they ditched the gain knobs :) (Uli, you can thank us later)

judging by the price of the X32 and how much cheaper this must be to produce (100s fewer knobs, no screen, no motorized faders) it should come in at an amazing price point

It's not my ideal format, but since I already own an iPad this will probably be in the price range where I'd pick one up just for the heck of it.

Jason

Ditto. I do a few gigs where this will come in handy. As well as the X32c.

Now to find some spare cash...

I think it`s really great to see the new X32 collection with everything we wanted the X16 to be from the first preview. :)~:)~:smile:

Looks like it might have individual phantom vs the global on the DL1608? Looks like Mackie is screwed assuming that Behringer can match the price point and get this thing shipped in the next couple months...

Agreed. Likely a DL killer with recallable preamp gains and such. Not to mention it will dock with the latest iPads. Also has parametric EQ on all buses. If they shoehorn in subgroups with processing, that would be something. Oh, and it has what appear to be real effects as well.

I just downloaded the X32 app which looks the same as the iX16 one. It completely blows away the Mackie app. The one thing I didn't see was a Master FX mute (like a MixWiz has) accessible from any layer so you don't have to interrupt whatever you are doing to mute and unmute the FX between songs? That's been my #1 request for the Mackie app. Other than that it looks to address all my dislikes of the Mackie app/firmware.

This thing is a completely different beast to the DL1608. The X32 Compact is bigger for one and from what I've read it will be twice the price as the DL ($2k range) so it's not really the same kind of thing.

That being said, I think this thing looks like a winner. I will be saving my pennies over the next year and if Mackie doesn't make some serious upgrades to the DL, I can see me moving up to this Compact version in 2014.

Looks like it might have individual phantom vs the global on the DL1608? Looks like Mackie is screwed assuming that Behringer can match the price point and get this thing shipped in the next couple months...

This thing is a completely different beast to the DL1608. The X32 Compact is bigger for one and from what I've read it will be twice the price as the DL ($2k range) so it's not really the same kind of thing.

That being said, I think this thing looks like a winner. I will be saving my pennies over the next year and if Mackie doesn't make some serious upgrades to the DL, I can see me moving up to this Compact version in 2014.

The 1608 is a virtual toy and has been surpassed in functionality right out of the gate. Whatever niche it had has been narrowed to what I would say is a fatally small one.

Hey hank, you're not looking at the correct behringer " cross mackie offering".
Google behringer ix16

I just downloaded the X32 app which looks the same as the iX16 one. It completely blows away the Mackie app. The one thing I didn't see was a Master FX mute (like a MixWiz has) accessible from any layer so you don't have to interrupt whatever you are doing to mute and unmute the FX between songs? That's been my #1 request for the Mackie app. Other than that it looks to address all my dislikes of the Mackie app/firmware.

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your feedback. A way you could do this would be to assign all your FX returns to a DCA group then you can simply drop the fader or mute the DCA. Otherwise you could select FX 1L - 4r and mute the returns individually. Hope this helps :razz:

Kind Regards
Jim Knowles
CARE EMEA / Tech support
Music Group / BEHRINGER

A way you could do this would be to assign all your FX returns to a DCA group then you can simply drop the fader or mute the DCA. Otherwise you could select FX 1L - 4r and mute the returns individually. Hope this helps
Thanks Jim! The lack of a Master FX mute/unmute accessible full-time is my #1 complaint about the DL1608 vs a MixWiz. Fortunately for yous guys they don't seem all that interested in adding it either :(~:-(~:sad: :razz: .

How many buses are available ?

Hello

this new X16 seems VERY interesting - I do have X32 - one thing is bugging my thoughts : does it have 8 buses ( LR + 6 Aux ) PLUS sends for internal effects - in which case it will be a killer !?!?!?

Or are the sends to internal effects eating AUX-outputs ???
Reducing it to LR + 4 AUX + 2 effects ???

With X32 rack I know I will have 6 monitors plus all effects. - all costing more money, of course. And propably bulkier case to transport it - naturally not forgetting all extra features that come with it.

I can see my future - I will get both - but I DO hope X16 has 6 monitors + at least 2 effects.

Thanks for your feedback. A way you could do this would be to assign all your FX returns to a DCA group then you can simply drop the fader or mute the DCA. Otherwise you could select FX 1L - 4r and mute the returns individually. Hope this helps :razz:
The screen shots I've seen of the iX16 iPad app don't show DCA's ? Also I don't see solo buttons? Does it have mute groups? I see a bunch of space below the "sends on faders" button on the left that would be a great place for a mute group button or three :) . Thanks!

One more knob to go... a flush mount or button based headphone volume would make this thing nearly indestructible. As it doesn't go in a rack, it'll go in a backpack. That headphone knob will be destroyed quickly. Ditch that and you can move your mixer and mics in an old briefcase.

One more knob to go... a flush mount or button based headphone volume would make this thing nearly indestructible. As it doesn't go in a rack, it'll go in a backpack. That headphone knob will be destroyed quickly. Ditch that and you can move your mixer and mics in an old briefcase.
Good point. On the DL1608 folks are putting rubber washers under the trim knobs so that they don't get so easily turned during transport - even in Mackie's custom made $80 bag :( .

Re: X16 Preview

Hmm... It just occurred to me that we seem to be assuming that there is some way to hard connect an iPad to this mixer. I never saw anyone from Behringer confirm this nor do I see it stated in any of their literature. Looks like it is wireless only to an iPad and you have to supply the router? Not a biggie to me but it is a minus vs the DL1608 ...

iPad connection

Hello

I was looking at the download brochure on Behringer homesite. It seems on the first picture, that there is a cavity on left side next to iPad´s "Home" button - so I assume they left some space there for iPad-cable and a standard USB-socket, thus avoiding any problems with different iPad-connectors.

Re: iPad connection

I was looking at the download brochure on Behringer homesite. It seems on the first picture, that there is a cavity on left side next to iPad´s "Home" button - so I assume they left some space there for iPad-cable and a standard USB-socket, thus avoiding any problems with different iPad-connectors.
Yes - but again an assumption. I sure would like to hear from Behringer on this even if it's a "we're not sure yet". I also wonder if the X32 Rack and Core will be able to do a wired connection to an iPad in case your wireless has problems.

Last edited: