X16 Preview

Re: Can't see the X16 but......

So from the pictures onthe x32 man thread it looks like there will be the following newproducts in the X32 "family":
Rackmount
Compact
Producer
and controller

a bit of off the wall conjecture – undoubtedly wrong

Looking at the size of the compact – there does not seem to be enough room to have 32 ins
and 16 outs on the rear – perhaps this version has to utilise the
S16 for the pre-amps ( always thought that the “big” x32 –
should have been designed with dockable/remote S16s as on board
becomes mainly redundant once s16's hooked up) – or has standard 16
ins / outs plus option of expanding to 32 with an S16. Their old DDX3216 had
a standard 16 ins but expansion to 32 with adat!.
I wonder if the producer is a studio mixing console rather than a live console – to
be linked to a daw or external recorder .

The controller? - maybe a way of linking X32's/ x32 series consoles.

Church Production Magazine News

So from the pictures onthe x32 man thread it looks like there will be the following newproducts in the X32 "family":
Rackmount
Compact
Producer
and controller

a bit of off the wall conjecture – undoubtedly wrong

Looking at the size of the compact – there does not seem to be enough room to have 32 ins
and 16 outs on the rear – perhaps this version has to utilise the
S16 for the pre-amps ( always thought that the “big” x32 –
should have been designed with dockable/remote S16s as on board
becomes mainly redundant once s16's hooked up) – or has standard 16
ins / outs plus option of expanding to 32 with an S16. Their old DDX3216 had
a standard 16 ins but expansion to 32 with adat!.
I wonder if the producer is a studio mixing console rather than a live console – to
be linked to a daw or external recorder .

The controller? - maybe a way of linking X32's/ x32 series consoles.

so not too far off re the compact and the producer - but what is the difference? - perhaps the compact does not have the usb/firewire expansion card to link to a daw (haven't studied the pics closely) - we will find out shortly I suppose! I wonder with the compact and producer you can string two s16's as with the x32 to override the local inputs - can't see why not thinking of the s16 aes50 architecture - but depends on option on x32 compact- if this the case then accept for the additional physical faders on the surface and less layers - this may dent the sales of the original x32 -as a compact and two S16's will serve the same function!

Last edited:

so not too far off re the compact and the producer - but what is the difference? - perhaps the compact does not have the usb/firewire expansion card to link to a daw (haven't studied the pics closely) - we will find out shortly I suppose!

From the images it appears the Producer version is missing some of the more "live" options such as effects, but has other features more suited to the studio.

*edit* It might just be the image, but it looks like the Producer is a lot shallower in depth as well.

Last edited:

From the images it appears the Producer version is missing some of the more "live" options such as effects, but has other features more suited to the studio.

*edit* It might just be the image, but it looks like the Producer is a lot shallower in depth as well.
mmmh strange -even if mainly studio based then thought may want some effects unless it is a sophisticated interface for a daw - edit may be a wave editor but probably not - I wonder if it has any transport controls directly built in.......... perhaps just best to wait and see!!! I think what may annoy me is if any of the new family ( the "control", whatever it is, excepted) have more / different functionality available that will not be made available to the "Big" X32 via release 2 of the firmware.

One difference is, that one is 19" rackable and the other one is slighty wider than 19".
just looked at the pictures - the producer seems to have more navigation controls for the screen display plus 8 buttons underneath - screen seems to be more recessed - or at least not sticking out - looks like possibly different functionality which will not be available in the main x32 and compact!!!!

I wish I could, but they didn't tell me anything! All I know is, that all of the new mixers are "real X32" just with different sizes, physical controls and different local in/outputs. So I guess even the "Core" version has 40ins (if you hook up enough S-16 to it), just like the regular X32. This might be the main reason, why they will be so soon available in stores. I just read about April 2013! But again - I don't know not more about the new X32 gear than you.
Christian

I wish I could, but they didn't tell me anything! All I know is, that all of the new mixers are "real X32" just with different sizes, physical controls and different local in/outputs. So I guess even the "Core" version has 40ins (if you hook up enough S-16 to it), just like the regular X32. This might be the main reason, why they will be so soon available in stores. I just read about April 2013! But again - I don't know not more about the new X32 gear than you.
Christian

Thank you anyway Christian, yes it seems that the physical I/O and controls differ.
But holy moly - april 2013... that is... soon!

Also saw a picture with the X-16 on a non linked page from the x32 thread.
My eye tell me that there is AES50 connectivity as discussed earlier in this thread!

By the way what do you think about their new speaker lineup? See my thread at junior varsity.

Behringer: X32 Family Page

Re: Now you can see the iX16 !

I see they steered clear of the X16 minefield and went with the 'i' prefix.
It leaves room for a real X16 now.
Mind you, with the X32 Producer, who needs 'only' 16 channels...?

:D~:-D~:grin:

Karl.

Re: Now you can see the iX16 !

Must admit if I had known about these products being available before I bought the x32 may have gone for the compact and two s16's - though I suppose 8 channels per layer may have proposed bit of a working learning curve!

a thought

My initial thoughts on what the controller may have been - a way to link members of the X32 family - was wrong - a shame really!