X32 Discussion

Re: X32 vs X32C

I'm afraid the X32C discussion could be much ado about nothing.
A simple Google search for 'behringer x32c' reveals a link mentioning this X32C page already in April.
Therefore, IMHO, this X32C page very likely seems to be just a previous version of the X32 product page, with the old non-illuminated pictures, and before they decided to add the XUF card by default.
Back then it was indeed 'coming soon' ... ;)
Possibly the page did still exist and the link to it has now been added again (by accident ? ).
Of course, the possibility does exist that the page was now added again on purpose, with the aim of going to market with a separate non-XUF version.
Eagerly awaiting an official reply from one of the Behringer soundforums.net contributors ...

Last edited:
Re: X32 vs X32C

I'm afraid the X32C discussion could be much ado about nothing.
A simple Google search for 'behringer x32c' reveals a link mentioning this X32C page already in April.
Therefore, IMHO, this X32C page very likely seems to be just a previous version of the X32 product page, with the old non-illuminated pictures, and before they decided to add the XUF card by default.
Back then it was indeed 'coming soon' ... ;)
Possibly the page did still exist and the link to it has now been added again (by accident ? ).
Of course, the possibility does exist that the page was now added again on purpose, with the aim of going to market with a separate non-XUF version.
Eagerly awaiting an official reply from one of the Behringer soundforums.net contributors ...

yeah, just looked and they've fixed the website page that linked to the old X32 page.

now i just want to know what is Actually Coming Soon!....

Re: Cases for the X32

Hi, I just received my case from Multi caisse in Quebec. It looks very similar to the one from Elite Core except mine only has one handle at each ends and one in front. I also had a pull handle and some wheels added to it as an option The price was not cheap, I paid $439.00 plus shipping. Btw, 3/8" plywood is not too sturdy, it's fine for me because this mixer will only be handled by myself but I would not dare to put it in my equipmend trailler with other equipment over it because I'd be scared something would fall and break it. But it's already pretty heavy so I imagin going with 1/2" plywood would make it even more heavy. One more thing to remember is that there are some cooling fans under this mixer so you have to make sure there is some breathing space under it if you leave in in the case during operation. Hard to say from the picture if the one from Elite Core has this open space in it. If you need, I could always post some picture from mine.

Thanks for the response and your thoughts. Good point about the plywood. I think it would be fine for my situation. I was also wondering about the fan underneath. From the Pro Audio photo, it looks as though the base part of the case is solid rather than foam, which would probably be fine for giving the mixer ventilation space (assuming Behringer built the case to do this properly) but not so good for protecting the mixer from shocks to the case (I would prefer foam all around the mixer).

Pictures of your case would be appreciated. Cheers!

Kevin

I am looking for an afforable case for my X32. I found this one made by Elite Core at ProAudio.com for U$250. Anyone familiar with the make and quality of Elite Core cases? Better yet, has anyone purchased one for their X32 and, if yes, can you share your opinion of it?

Also, I recall someone saying they bought or were looking at one from Multi-Caisses in Quebec, Canada. I can't seem to find the post but would appreciate if the poster could indicate how much the case cost.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Not sure what affordable would be for you. I got the Gator G-tour case for around $440. It's set up like a pro case with doghouse, nose cone, and casters. The case is custom made for the console, and has proper airflow underneath. It's not as heavy duty as some custom cases I use but has the basic feature set I was looking for. I felt it was a good fit (quality and feature) for this board.

For me personally I really like the nose cone, always have. Overall pleased with the case.

Considering it's price and and features my only complaints are:
Silly red accented hardware......Doh!
Nose cone only has 2 latches (one on each side)
Latches are made by Gator so they don't compare to Penn Elcom stuff.

My X32 showed up yesterday. I seem to be having a compatibility problem, though. It seem this board is quite incompatible with me getting any sleep! :O Ah well, it was a lot of fun playing. Still got a few (er, a TON) of things to figure out, though.

-- Mitch

Last edited:
How to do an analog insert?

I still cannot get my head round the inserts on the X-32. I am only looking at XControl which doesn't help. Could someone be so kind as to describe, as if to a six-year old, how I would insert an analogue processor such as a DBX 166 compressor, into the insert point of Channel One of the X-32? And for completeness' sake, another one into Channel Two?

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Re: How to do an analog insert?

I still cannot get my head round the inserts on the X-32. I am only looking at XControl which doesn't help. Could someone be so kind as to describe, as if to a six-year old, how I would insert an analogue processor such as a DBX 166 compressor, into the insert point of Channel One of the X-32? And for completeness' sake, another one into Channel Two?

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

AUX1 out - Comp1 in
Comp1 out - AUX1 in

AUX2 out - Comp2 in
Comp2 out - AUX2 in

Use TRS or TS leads depending on wether the ins and outs on the comp are balanced or not. Don't use insert leads, but separate leads each way or a small snake.

Select Channel one - HOME - (can't remeber what tab under home screen, but one of them). Activate insert, select AUX1 as insert
Repeat for channel 2

Hope this helps

Re: How to do an analog insert?

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

To round out the explanation above, individual physical inserts for each channel do not exist on this console. One can assign any one of the 6 aux pairs as an insert "out and back" to any channel.
gp

Hello,

The case that comes from multi-caisse is much more expansive, it is heavy duty made for rough transport. the latchs and the wheels are high quality, the foaming inside is custom fit. I have added some air irrigation in the bottom. its a bit heavy 100LB but still very nice case !

Othmane