X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Discussion

Had a quick play with Xi Control 2.0 offline on iPad 1. Looks really impressive but I managed to crash it twice quite quickly. Obviously this sort of post is not helpful to the developers but I was unable to repeat it. Anyone else had any issues?

iPad 1 crashed a couple of times with 1.09 software on the console, hasn't done it again with 1.11 but I spent less time with it after upgrading.

Copy and paste channel strips - Bug or feature?

I found an issue when copying and pasting channel strips and I can't decide if I should report this as a bug or if you guys belives this is a feature.

If a channel has a dca/mutegroup-reference to it then it won't follow the copy process. I can understand why this is happening since the reference is with the dca/mutegroup and not the channel strip.

What do you think?

Re: S16 and P16 issue

Not quite.

A cable with only two pairs connected (the top two on the readout, don't know which they are) would control remote gain, but there was no signal transmitted to the console.

Yeah, if the Tx pair is intact, you could probably still send the data that doesn't depend on sync, but funny that it will let you do that without a valid connection.
My point was that you either have all channels or none, a single pair does all channels in one direction.

Re: The new XiControl

Played for some time with the new 2.0 app on my brand new ipad 4 retina, while connected to the x32 and I think it's really awesome. This is a giant step forward!!

Especially the eq has been improved a lot, this makes it again more listening then looking while adjusting at the ipad. :)

Yeah, if the Tx pair is intact, you could probably still send the data that doesn't depend on sync, but funny that it will let you do that without a valid connection.
My point was that you either have all channels or none, a single pair does all channels in one direction.

Hello

Although same cable and connectors, the protocol may be whatever. I had an issue with P16, where ch1-8 and ch 9-16 were swapped, because - as it turned out - the cable feeding P16 was CAT-reverse model. So at least with P16 two pairs are needed for 16 channels - obviously one or two pairs feed power, when connected via D16.

AES with same cable is then completely other story...

Re: The new XiControl

Me very happy, it is now a functional tool that makes me glad I invested in an iPad :D~:-D~:grin:

If I was to moan at all, I would like it if the channel numbering in the Detail screen was somewhat less inconspicuous as I can easily see myself tweaking the wrong channel with that vary subtle channel nubering and the small text in the channel name.

Love the virtual DCA groups on the XiQ, great concept.
I am probably going to miss master bus volume and mute at some point, and it would be great to have loadable/savable templates.
Have just checked it out on the iPad and haven't tried it with the console, so I'm curious to see if a stereo mix to two linked buses works out with this app.
I would definitely want to see at least a lock on what buses can be accessed via XiQ, and preferrably at some point in the future be able to assign buses to single XiQ devices (wouldn't want the drummer attacking the singer because she keeps screwing up his monitormix).

Next gig is going to be fun - fun - fun, thanks Behringer! :thumbup: :)~:)~:smile:

Hello

Although same cable and connectors, the protocol may be whatever. I had an issue with P16, where ch1-8 and ch 9-16 were swapped, because - as it turned out - the cable feeding P16 was CAT-reverse model. So at least with P16 two pairs are needed for 16 channels - obviously one or two pairs feed power, when connected via D16.

AES with same cable is then completely other story...

Yes, Ultranet and AES50 are very different animals

Is it too early to ask for a something like Presonus' Smaart functionality? May as well throw in the ability to set permission for xIQ. I've got an x32 and a 24.4.2. I must admit to enjoying some of the Presonus software a lot. I also must admit that my x32 goes to way more events.

Re: Walking around with iPad and such...

I am having problems still. In Xicontrol in the connection window, I see no numbers for the iPad for IP address, status, and no numbers under x32 for status. I am a bit of a dummy with some of this stuff. Any idea where I am going wrong?
A PM would be welcome to avoid clogging the thread.
Thanks,
John

Fixed... Thanks to Dan Mortensen for helping!

Last edited:
Re: Apple threadjack

I purchased my first IMac 7 years ago. It is still running Protools 8. My 7 yo macbook g4 is still running w/pt 7. My g5 tower still runs a variety of graphics software and pro video software as well as pt 8 with no problems. And my macbook pro has no problem running 24 tracks into pt 10. Even to the system hard drive which is generally a no no. Been using the usb out of the x32 into Protools with no problem. No problem doing the virtual sound check either with 24 out.

The macs just seem to always run. no driver issues or weird chip set issues. They do "just work" and that is vital to getting thing done. I may be a bastard for not caring about some of their business practices but they are not any worse than any other manufacturer that is producing products over seas. I don't have any experience with Apples customer service because I never have needed it. I can't say that for microsoft. And my dead IBM with XP that won't boot up is a real pleasure to own. Or my desk top with XP that refuses to boot because of some fatal issue within XP.

Re: P16-M - Cannot read the pot & button labels!

When musicians in my studio need to see I will supply a small led light for them to see what they need to see. I have keyboard stands with adapted music holders on them with a small led underneath to illuminate the controls on the keyboard. As a studio owner, one needs to make the clients happy and if coming up with some way to light the p16 then that is what one has to do. I don't think Behringer really needs to modify its product to accommodate someones dark studio condition. If the client needs to see their music/lyrics what do they do??? Best of luck on solving this small problem.

Is it too early to ask for a something like Presonus' Smaart functionality? May as well throw in the ability to set permission for xIQ. I've got an x32 and a 24.4.2. I must admit to enjoying some of the Presonus software a lot. I also must admit that my x32 goes to way more events.

Uli has mentioned that an RTA is going into the next major firmware update, and teased we might see it around NAMM. Fingers crossed it is still on track.

Software Request - RTA, FFT, Transfer Function

If Behringer can include the transfer function along with an RTA I would be extremely happy. I love being able to play a reference sound source and then use a measurement mic to compare the original source to the sound system reproduction and see a graphical representation of the difference. It take a lot of guesswork out of tuning the system... at least for me, it's been both a time saver and an ear pleaser. It has been the only thing that gets my 24.4.2 out into the world. Here's what I'm talking about: PreSonus | Virtual StudioLive - Smaart

Last edited:
Namm 2013

Dear all,

I hope you are enjoying the new XiControl and XiQ Apps. We do appreciate feedback and please post any issues or suggestions on our forum.

Forums

We plan to release another update very soon, which will incorporate some bug fixes, further improvements and perhaps some of your suggestions.

NAMM 2013

We would like to invite you to visit us at the NAMM show.

This will be the most significant product roll out in our entire Company history and it would be wonderful to have you celebrate this event with us.

We also have the amazing band ANVIL playing on our BUGERA booth.

Warm regards

Uli