X32 Discussion

loading scenes

tonight i created a scene for a show tonight . I then recalled an old scene the dca changed but the channels did not . eqs didnt change either and no slider movement . im on the 1.9 software . what is the deal ?

Re: Transfer Function and p16-m labels

Juergen, your right! The ability to control this console without a pc is the best!

I would agree that it's the best ipad app, if not for the m-200i from Roland. I think that one has TOTAL control in it, yeah it's like around $4K, so..

I also love the RTA function built into the Roland consoles, no pc required, and you can adjust the sensitivity of the meter to see quieter stuff, and switch the RTA's input to any source on the console. I own an M-480 and hear that it's ipad software will be updated like the m-200i sometime soon.

Routing selected channels (only) to the firewire card

HI All - I'm seeking some advice here - X32 for recording, using firewire to Cubase.

First - The issue;
  • I've got most channels of the X32 used by mics and other things using the preamps.
  • On channel 4 & 5 I have routed the outputs of a bass preamp via Aux 1 & 2
  • Everything is great and working wonderfully - Except - I'm unable to get channels 4 & 5 (in isolation) to the computer - without routing all Aux 1 to 6 and Monitors to the card (thereby losing 6 channels).
(Hope I've explained it ok)

So... The question -
  • Is there a way I can route the Aux (say) 1 & 2 only, to the firewire card _without_ routing 6 unrelated channels as well?

Thanks
Pauly

Re: Routing selected channels (only) to the firewire card

So... The question -
  • Is there a way I can route the Aux (say) 1 & 2 only, to the firewire card _without_ routing 6 unrelated channels as well?

No, your best option is to plug the preamp into the ch 4&5 inputs, that should work fine, you just need a lead.

Thanks Per

That's _exactly_ what I didnt want to hear :) Never mind.. looks like I'l be reconfiguring the thing, and losing some channels...Bugger!.. but thanks for the answer!

Pauly

No, your best option is to plug the preamp into the ch 4&5 inputs, that should work fine, you just need a lead.

Re: The new XiControl

Quick question, Folks - loaded the new XiControl 2.0 and it sure looks like a winner, but alongside the Xi control (functional) icon on my ipad, I have a second "X" icon which does nothing and has "installing" underneath it.Any idea why the second icon is there.
Cheers
M (iLuddite)

Quick question, Folks - loaded the new XiControl 2.0 and it sure looks like a winner, but alongside the Xi control (functional) icon on my ipad, I have a second "X" icon which does nothing and has "installing" underneath it.Any idea why the second icon is there.
Cheers
M (iLuddite)

Had a similar issue, restartet my ipad and reinstalled.

Henry

Hi again,

I want to use the auxillary inputs for the preamp (and I have another couple connected to Aux 3.6.5. & 6), so I routed the card inputs to 'Aux 1to 6/Mon' ..and I can see the signal in cubase now.... So... It is _sort of_ working... BUT! I see the input of Aux 1 and 2 in cubase, but also see the main L/R output (mon?) mixed with it... I'v had a pretty good look and have been unable to see why.

I guess the question now it whether it is possible to stop the LR soignal from being included in the Aux 1 & 2 signal from the firewire card?

Thanks
Pauly

Thanks Per

That's _exactly_ what I didnt want to hear :) Never mind.. looks like I'l be reconfiguring the thing, and losing some channels...Bugger!.. but thanks for the answer!

Pauly

iPad apps - XiControl

To the guys at Behringer,

Way to go! - spent ten minutes with the new XiControl app this morning and it's incredible. Keep it up! Keen to see where you go next :razz:

Re: library presets not transfered to PC?

You are right. So this is done with a reason?
If I want to transfer them, I have to do it with the import export to USB. Right? (No see the edits)

Edit: I just found out that in Xcontrol I can choose also to save to the console instead of the Xcontrol. I can think of an occasion that this can be useful. This way I can save to both in 2 steps, good solution!

Edit2: When I set in Xcontrol to console I can load a setting, then I can switch from console to Xcontrol and save it.

Last edited:
Bus sends to matrix

In the sends tab of the subgroups in Xcontrol I do miss the information about level.
On the X32, you have the displayed knobs with the level and pan values. But not in Xcontrol...

So without the X32, you can adjust the level of the subgroup to matrix, but you have to guess the value.
Not a biggy I adjust them on the X32. :)~:)~:smile:

Display name loaded preset in FX screen

Another thing, (library presets is solved. :)~:)~:smile:)

When I load a preset to say a FX, I can't see afterwards I did load them.
It could be handy to see in the effect screen in the FX tab that a preset has been loaded to that FX. If you change one of the parameters, the displayed name should be changed to yellow to show that you adjusted a loaded preset. So if you want to keep the changes, it should be saved.

Thanks Per

Pauly

Why don't you want to use the channel inputs? Do you hear a difference between the aux inputs and the channel inputs? Trying to avoid the Midas sound ;)~;-)~:wink: ?

Re: iPad apps - XiControl

This weekend is the first I really use the x32. Band practice all weekend long and a gig sunday-evening. We've 5 iPad's, 2 PC's and 3 iPhones connected. The band really like the apps. There's one minor thing with the iPhone-app. The 4 MCA's are great. It would be a lot better when you could also colourize the MCA's and give them a text. So controlling the MCA's on the 4-fader-screen would be much easier.

Further I really believe Behringer has done a GREAT job.

Re: iPad apps - XiControl

So now I have prepared my upcoming show.
Wouldn't it be nice if I could output a excel spreadsheet / pdf etc. from xcontrol, how to patch everything.
So channel number, name, fysical input / output.
Print it out and give it out.
Shouldn't be that difficult I think.