X32 Discussion

Re: I am still in search of the "advertised" 100 preset library for channel strip,

100 presets for FX and 100 presets for routing for X32.

The YouTube video uploaded April 4th 2013 says so (Getting To Know The X32: Preset Library - YouTube) as well as the text underneath the video.
>>There are 100 presets available for the channel strip, effects section, and routing.<<

Is there somewhere a file where they can be downloaded?
What they mean is that you can store 100 fx presets. However, only a few of those presets are populated from factory. Berry made a half-promise to include more factory presets long time ago but this hasn't happened yet.

Re: I am still in search of the "advertised" 100 preset library for channel strip,

Hi ! Some one from Behringer still here ????? :x~:-x~:mad:

I have now 3 Hardware Problems with my X32 and i send a Email to UK Support Team 3 Days ago and ask for Service Repair. ( At this time webside didnt work and there was no Webformula online)

BUT NOBODY ANWSER !!!!!

OK you have Problems with your Servers but i can`t belive that noboby can fix your Serversystem into 1 1/2 WEEKS !! I would be fired when our Factory Serversystem did not work for such a long Time !

I ask for Help at your Facebook side ......... no Help. Only "please contakt the UK Help Cennter" ( Ha ha ! )

I send a PM message in a German Board to one off your empolyed...... no anwser.

At the emergency Webformula that i found now on Facebook i can´t insert a German Mobile Number and without i can´t finish the formular. How funny .....:x~:-x~:mad:

I can not believe that that is your Custemer Support !

So i sit here with my broken X32 and i am very angry ..........

Re: X32

Dear Glen,

First off sorry for any delay you experienced getting service.

We are having a server issue which has affected our CARE service people.

I have notified our CARE facility and they will be reaching out to you today to get your console serviced.

In the mean time please send me a PM with your information and I will make sure this gets top priority when our UK CARE facility opens today.

Last edited:
Picked up a Compact

First off, thanks to Joe Sanborn for your replying about the recording cards. Because I do want the option of Firewire, I picked up a Compact today. I have plans for tonight so maybe when I get home or tomorrow, I am going to have fun nerding out and connecting my full X32 to the compact. Im going to figure out how to make that work, and then try to get the Cat5 cable to fail. Jump on it, twist it, call it funny names, stir some soup with it, the usual stuff.

I think this Compact will serve my needs perfectly! Sweet!!

Re: Behringer webservices down.

Joe, maybe repeating the emregency mailaddresses and reposting the care centre phone numbers would be helpful to those in need.

MUSIC Group Care – Service and Technical Support
Temporary Email: [email protected] or [email protected]

Dear All

MUSIC Group CARE contact telephone numbers are shown below:

USA and Canada
MUSIC Group Services NV
+1-702-800-8290

Europe
Music Group Research UK Limited
+(44) 1562 732290

We appreciate your patience, while we restore normal communication channels.

Ian Riley
VP CARE
MUSIC Group
www.music-group.com

I send a PM message in a German Board to one off your empolyed...... no anwser......

Hi Glenn, this is Jan.

We'd been in touch several months ago regarding your Sennheiser EW300 noise issue.
Please note that I did not yet receive any recent pm from you.

Would you mind calling on the telephone number I had given to you, or would you prefer leaving your number by pm for a call-back?

Viele Grüße,
Jan

Dear Glenn,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered.

I shall now contact you directly via email for more information, and to arrange for the console to be repaired if necessary.

Kind Regards,
Fiona Hammond
CARE
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Master/Slave X32 with X32 Compact

Hey-O!

I connected my X32 to the X32 Compact today and tried to figure out how to get a signal from one to the other. Wasn't able to get anything on my own accord, so I consulted the manual. I was attempting to route playback music from my iPhone, plugged into Aux 5-6 on the "Monitor" console, to the "FOH" Aux 5-6. I had a standard off the shelf Cat 5 cable connected between both AES50A terminals on each mixer. I went to the AES50A output tab on the "MON" X32 and set it to output AES50A, Aux 1-6. On the "FOH" console I went to routing and set the input block of Aux1-6 to "AES50A Aux 1-6" and was not able to get signal through.

I was finally able to get the signal by routing the output of "MON" console (Aux 1-6) to AES50A Channels 25-32, and the signal arrived at "FOH" console channels 29 and 30. The funny thing is, the gain behavior did not act the way I expected. Its a known fact that the "MON" console, or the one with the actual microphones connected, would govern the gain control, and would effect the "FOH" console. Essentially the FOH feed is POST gain from Monitor console. However, the signal seemed to be pre-gain, because as I turned up or the down the actual input, it would only effect the MON console, and FOH would stay the same. FOH would adjust on its own. Does that have something to do with being a line-level Aux input and not one of the Mic input channels? I would grab a mic and test this theory, but right now all of my equipment is locked down in my trailer.

Any idea why I wasn't able to route the Aux inputs from one to the other? But was able to get it routed to a channel input? Thanks for any insights!!

Chris

Re: Master/Slave X32 with X32 Compact

Any idea why I wasn't able to route the Aux inputs from one to the other? But was able to get it routed to a channel input? Thanks for any insights!!

Off the top of my head, Aux1-6/Mon are outputs, so it would have worked if you had routed the inputs to the outputs in the Aux out menu, I believe. I might be wrong, a bit confusing or easy to forget what is in and what is out.

Last edited:
Advice re Firewire Interface glitches

Hi All,

I'm seeking some advice on continual issues with recording via firewire with the X32

First - the environment...
WIndows 7/64 (latest updates)
Intel i7 CPU
16 Gig Ram
SSD Hard Disks
Solid as a rock (Except for these issues)

X32 - Using Firewire card

Cubase 7.X (Latest version)

The Problem(s):
1/ Every time I start the computer, before I open Cubase, I need to select a new buffer value in the X32 Firewire Application. Lower or higher doesn't seem to matter.. as long as I change it. From there, I can usually open Cubase, open a project, and it'll work ok.

Sometimes however it doesn't... so I need to repeat the process and it works eventually.

(Edit) - When I say 'Work' - I mean playback sound... Midi works fine, but no audio.

2/ Sometimes, while playing back, the sound will start sounding 'digital' (for want of a better term).... and it gets worse and worse until playback just stops... I then get into the x32 control panel, reset the parameters again, and off it goes. Occasionally, it just stops without going all 'Dalek' on me... same procedure to fix.

I haven't complained about this before as I was just 'living with it' however it's getting more and more common now so I seek answers.

Thanks for any advice
Pauly

Last edited:

The funny thing is, the gain behavior did not act the way I expected. Its a known fact that the "MON" console, or the one with the actual microphones connected, would govern the gain control, and would effect the "FOH" console. Essentially the FOH feed is POST gain from Monitor console. However, the signal seemed to be pre-gain, because as I turned up or the down the actual input, it would only effect the MON console, and FOH would stay the same.

I think that's because on the aux inputs all gain is done in digital domain, so no analog preamp gain like on the mics...

Re: Advice re Firewire Interface glitches

Hi All,

I'm seeking some advice on continual issues with recording via firewire with the X32

First - the environment...
WIndows 7/64 (latest updates)
Intel i7 CPU
16 Gig Ram
SSD Hard Disks
Solid as a rock (Except for these issues)

X32 - Using Firewire card

Cubase 7.X (Latest version)

The Problem(s):
1/ Every time I start the computer, before I open Cubase, I need to select a new buffer value in the X32 Firewire Application. Lower or higher doesn't seem to matter.. as long as I change it. From there, I can usually open Cubase, open a project, and it'll work ok.

Sometimes however it doesn't... so I need to repeat the process and it works eventually.

(Edit) - When I say 'Work' - I mean playback sound... Midi works fine, but no audio.

2/ Sometimes, while playing back, the sound will start sounding 'digital' (for want of a better term).... and it gets worse and worse until playback just stops... I then get into the x32 control panel, reset the parameters again, and off it goes. Occasionally, it just stops without going all 'Dalek' on me... same procedure to fix.

I haven't complained about this before as I was just 'living with it' however it's getting more and more common now so I seek answers.

Thanks for any advice
Pauly
It could be a wdm conflict. Make sure that the windows audio mixer doesn't try to use the audio on your x32.

While wdm and asio usually work together windows tries at times to enforce settings that may be incompatible with asio.

I've asked both presonus and behringer of a way to disable wdm on their mixers.

Presonus have this cool feature that you can route wdm channels to any mixer channel. I miss that feature on my x32 since wdm-1/2 end up on card-1/2 and they are usually assigned to kick and snare on the faders in my daw and I keep forgetting that when I assign the wdm channels to the aux channels. I'd rather route wdm-1/2 to card-31/32...

Off course, how would you get analog signal into the console otherwise. But is the gain of these inputs adjustable in analog that's the question...

Hi Chris, Antoon and Robert,

The Aux line inputs do not have any adjustable analog gain, but rather +/-18 dB of digital Trim.

There are always different ways of doing things, but I'd suggest the following for routing the iPhone signals from X32(Mon) to X32(FOH):
1. X32(Mon) > Routing/home/Aux Inputs = AuxIn 1-6
2. X32(Mon) > Routing/aux out/Aux Out5 = Direct_Out_Aux5 (pre/post EQ, pre/post fader...)
3. X32(Mon) > Routing/aux out/Aux Out6 = Direct_Out_Aux6 (pre/post EQ, pre/post fader...)
4a. X32(Mon) > Routing/aes50-A > select the 1st block of AES50-A Ouput 1-8 for transmitting the iPhone tracks > select Aux1-6/Mon (includes the AuxOut5/6 that you had defined in steps 2/3)
OR...

4b. X32(Mon) > Routing/aes50-A > select the 1st block of AES50-A Ouput 1-8 for transmitting the iPhone tracks > select AuxIN1-6/TB (includes the pre-EQ direct outs of AuxInputs 5/6, so the steps 2/3 are irrelevant)
5. X32(FOH) > Routing/home > select the AES50-A channel block and connect it wherever you like, e.g. Aux Inputs = AES50-A 1-6
Now you should have the same 6 AuxIn signals in the aux section of both consoles, and it depends on your preferences what dependencies will remain. If you go for 4b, both consoles will share the same input signals but remain independent, as the direct signal tap for AES50-A/AuxIN 1-6/TB lies even before the trim. If you choose 4a, then the Aux Out definitions allow you to use a different tap, i.e. post EQ or post fader even.

Hope that helps.

Jan

Edit > ...all of the above is assuming fw min. 1.15, and also that both consoles are in sync. So, either the X32(Mon) or X32(FOH) must be set to local synchronization, while the other must be set to AES50-A synchronization.

Hi folks. New to this forum and new to the X32. I got mine about a week ago and have been watching tutorial videos like crazy trying to move up the learning curve and set up an initial configuration for my band. I have made a really lot of progress but questions keep coming up (no surprise) that I just don't know the answer to. I've got three for right now:

1. This question regards pre/post EQ inserts. As I see it I can have my insert be pre-EQ which essentially means before both the EQ and the compressor. Or I can be post-EQ which means the insert is after both the EQ and compressor. So it seems the EQ and compressor are locked together, although I realize the order of those two things can be reversed. Am I interpreting this correctly? Is it true that I can't send a signal out from a channel which is post EQ but pre Compressor. For instance, a monitor feed. I would want the channel EQ to be active to the monitor bus but I don't want to send compressed signals to the monitors for feedback reasons. Is there any logic to this? Can it be done?

2. I have an S16. If I configure my AES50-A ports to use OUT 1-8, does the X32 move the outputs to those ports or does it mirror them? In other words, once I configure that way, can I only use the S16 outputs or can I also use the X32 output ports if I desire? I would like to be able to mix and match if it's possible.

3. I have read that setting input gains for a digital mixer is different than for an analog mixer. I have ready many different numbers (i.e. set to -18db, set to -12 db, etc). Can I get advice as to what approximate level I should be setting my input gains to when I calibrate my channels with my band?

Thanks to any and all willing to help me learn more about my new X32. I have a gig with my band next week and we are not getting together before that. So the first time my band uses the new X32 will be at the gig. And on top of that, we get a very short time to soundcheck. So I really feel under pressure to have things set up correctly prior to getting there.

Rob