X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Discussion

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I can't find it.

How can I include the Scribble Strip state from certain channels in the snippet state? Looking to have scenes with mic pack changes.

I have the snippet working for the mix data, just can't workout how to get it to do the strips.

I just played with that with the X-Edit on my computer and it works if under “Parameter Filter” you have “Config” checked. I don’t know what other things are being saved and recalled with “Config” checked so be careful.

IS there any way to exclude channel name and color during loading preset from a library? Means adding "Ch. Label" and "Ch. color" to recall safes? For example, you have channel labeled "John vox" (means John's vocal mic), then load some male vox preset and "John vox" label gets replaced with preset name? A bit annoying, since you have to relabel and change color again.

I just played with that with the X-Edit on my computer and it works if under “Parameter Filter” you have “Config” checked. I don’t know what other things are being saved and recalled with “Config” checked so be careful.

Thanks Kevin, that's exactly what I was after, seems strange to bundle the strips with "config".

I like to be able to route inputs on the fly if we have a mic change, this would then be reset on a snippet basis.

Its good, but there's some growth in the x32 scenes section yet.

Thanks Kevin, that's exactly what I was after, seems strange to bundle the strips with "config".

I like to be able to route inputs on the fly if we have a mic change, this would then be reset on a snippet basis.

I have gotten into a Program that I have mentioned here before called Palladium from CH Sound Design for using the X32/M32 for musical theater. http://chsounddesign.com/

Check out the Mixer files http://chsounddesign.com/palladium_files.php on this page for the X32 and M32 and read the quick start guide that I wrote. It helps to explain a lot. CH Sound Design recently released an update that incorporates some of the OSC capabilities that these mixers use. And I understand that more changes are in the works.

I'd like to see the scribble strip settings as a separate option when saving snippets or setting parameters as safe - a couple of times I've needed to change the per-channel routing under the config tab, and then had to manually go through reloading and saving each scene to keep the scribble strip settings.

Re: RTA on IPad...what's the holdup?.

Mixing Station and the iPad app each have their advantages.

I don't myself recall the RTA not being on the iPad app; at least not the version I was using. I don't remember it being *on* there either, you understand... :)

S16 killing mics!?

I have a 2 year old S16 connected to my X32 full.
One year ago, my Bassdrum Mic (Sennheiser e602) connected to the S16 stopped working in the middle of a show. No pops, cracks or other noise – it just went silent.
I replaced the mic with a Shure Beta52 which died in the same way a few months later.

Since then I suspected the S16 to be the cause for the mic-dying and sent mic and S16 in for repair. The mic came back and the repair report stated “removed interruption on circuit board”. The S16 was sent to Behringer and they only tightened a screw of a xlr input jack.

A few months later the Beta52 died again during a show.
I wanted the shop to replace the S16 but they said that it is impossible for the S16 to destroy a mic and therefore only my Beta52 was repaired for the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] time.

Only 1 week later (last weekend) 2 other mics connected to the S16 passed away (Sennheiser e945, Oktava Mk012).

In summary there were 5 times a microphone passed away on my S16 during 1 year. This happened on different channels in different venues and with different ethernet cables (all with ethercons). Phantom power was only engaged on the channel with the Oktava mic. The X32 was the same all the time.

Could it be a faulty S16? Did anyone have similar problems with it?

I already ordered a RMA for the S16 at the shop and it will be sent to Behringer again.

Re: S16 killing mics!?

I have a 2 year old S16 connected to my X32 full.
One year ago, my Bassdrum Mic (Sennheiser e602) connected to the S16 stopped working in the middle of a show. No pops, cracks or other noise – it just went silent.
I replaced the mic with a Shure Beta52 which died in the same way a few months later.

Since then I suspected the S16 to be the cause for the mic-dying and sent mic and S16 in for repair. The mic came back and the repair report stated “removed interruption on circuit board”. The S16 was sent to Behringer and they only tightened a screw of a xlr input jack.

A few months later the Beta52 died again during a show.
I wanted the shop to replace the S16 but they said that it is impossible for the S16 to destroy a mic and therefore only my Beta52 was repaired for the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] time.

Only 1 week later (last weekend) 2 other mics connected to the S16 passed away (Sennheiser e945, Oktava Mk012).

In summary there were 5 times a microphone passed away on my S16 during 1 year. This happened on different channels in different venues and with different ethernet cables (all with ethercons). Phantom power was only engaged on the channel with the Oktava mic. The X32 was the same all the time.

Could it be a faulty S16? Did anyone have similar problems with it?

I already ordered a RMA for the S16 at the shop and it will be sent to Behringer again.

I cannot think of a way for the S16 to damage a microphone unless phantom power was applied AND the mic cable is miswired. I have had Oktava 012 die for no apparent reason, and I had Beta52 fail as well and neither had ever seen an S16.

Unless we know the failure mode of each mic it will be difficult to affix blame to the stage box.

Have you loaned or hired out your mics, cables or other parts of your kit?

Re: S16 killing mics!?

I cannot think of a way for the S16 to damage a microphone unless phantom power was applied AND the mic cable is miswired. I have had Oktava 012 die for no apparent reason, and I had Beta52 fail as well and neither had ever seen an S16.

Unless we know the failure mode of each mic it will be difficult to affix blame to the stage box.

Have you loaned or hired out your mics, cables or other parts of your kit?

No loaning or hiring. The strange thing is that it happened during the show:

Singer sings a line -> all ok.
Singer sings the next line -> no signal, mic is dead.

I can hardly believe the S16 is doing something wrong for myself but there must be a reason for this.
Or is it just bad luck to have so many mics dying in such a short period?

I will check all my mic cables for the correct wiring, though.

SCS now supporting X32 automation

Thought y'all might like to know that the next version (11.4) of Show Control System (SCS) is implementing X32 automation via OSC. Initially just go cue/scene/snippet, mute/unmute channel and mute/unmute mute group. Timed fader moves to follow in future releases:

http://www.showcuesystems.com/

Last edited:
Re: SCS now supporting X32 automation

Simple scene recall for a small chapel.

I'm trying to figure out a way (through midi?) to have an external controller allowing the board to recall preset scenes. I know I can program the custom buttons on the x32 full but all the lights and shiny buttons intimidate people.

I have a sequencer allowing people to power on the whole system from one button and id like to put a small controller with only a few buttons that say things like "pulpit" and "wireless mic". Allowing non tech people to recall the appropriate scenes without needing a sound tech present to babysit a funeral (we have a lot of them) thats only using the pulpit mic.

I'm looking for both a controller recommendation and any tutorials on setting up the board to use it as I've never had to deal with non musical instrument midi. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mixing Station on a Samsung Tab 3

I have installed Mixing Station on my Samsung Tab 3 and it seems as if the setup menu is not on the screen. I reinstalled and even did a hard reset of the tablet.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:
Re: Mixing Station on a Samsung Tab 3

Hi Chris
I do not use an android pad, but I helped a friend to connect his android pad to the X32. Here is the hint I found on the net:
It is important, that the x32 is powered on and connected to the router. Router should be set to DHCP server. And now you can start the app on the android tablet. Then you should see the Start view as mentioned below.
Hpoe this helps, good luck, regards Till

Start View
When starting the app you will see the start view.
Here you can enter the IP of the X32, change the different access modes and go to the power management setup of the app.

Buttons

• - Search: Searches for an X32. If multiple X32 are in one networks, all of them are listed. This function requires a broadcast capable wifi router.
  • - Connect: Connects to a X32 at the IP Address in the “X32 IP” textfield.
  • - Offline: Starts the app in offline mode. Some functions will not work in this mode (e.g.
    channel link).
  • - Setup: Opens the power management setup of the app.