X32 Discussion

Hi Eric,

There is a simple way of doing what you want to do.
* On the Show Manager scene screen, select the scene you want to duplicate
* Export that scene and change the filename.
* Goto another spot on the scene list and import that scene file.

Hey, thanks for the quick answer Paul! The workaround you posted is just what I'm doing now but I find it just a tad tedious, hence my suggestion of a built-in functionality!

I often find myself duplicating several basics scenes in the shows I'm assembling offline. For an example, the presetted Console Scene for a podium mic that must be fitted inbetween music or dance numbers in a variety show, must be duplicated tens of time.

Thanks again!

Hi Eric,

I've started working on a Copy To... on the right click popup menu to do this. But what you are describing might be better suited as numerous snippets instead of scenes. If you want to change specific changes (podium mic unmuted, etc.), that can be easily done with a snippet. Then using the cue list, the scenes and snippets can be combined in a table-of-content list (cue list). If the same snippet or scene needs to be duplicated, it can be simply assigned to more than one cue.

Paul

I usually have no automated changes inside a scene, so I feel that using only actual console scenes would be simpler. I'll have to try on the actual console, as playing in X32-Edit may not be totally representative of the scene/snippets/cues working.

Hello Paul! Thanks for your work!

We're half way there! The copy / paste function is working to duplicate the content of a Scene, but the newly created row is refering to the same .scn file that was copied. This is not the wanted behavior because the newly copy /pasted Scene will be renamed and subsequently modified either by the X32-Edit app or by the actual console at sound check time. This cannot be the same .scn file used for two (or even several) rows in a Show file. The app should create a new .scn file with the number corresponding to the newly created row number, and update the .shw file automatically.

At this time, I'm working in Scene mode, with no Cues nor Snippets involved.

Thanks again!

Hi Eric,

Actually it will work. If you setup the scene list as desired (including the duplicate scene files), then go to the cues screen, and export the show, the saved show files will automatically copy each of the scene files, changing the name with the scene number at the end. I would suggest you save the show to a separate folder so that you don't overwrite the original.

Paul

Last edited:
Hi Eric,

I tried to correct the last post. For some reason it doesn't show up. When saving a show, it saves copies of those scenes with new names (with the scene number at the end of the filename).

Paul

Hello! I have three quick questions.

If I use the 2-In 2-Out Card mode, is it possible to route the console Main L & R to Card Output 1 & 2, instead of the default Channel 1 & 2? I'd like to be able to record the mix on a laptop rather than on the USB stick.

Second, I'm now doing the initial setting on my new console to my liking. If I want those setting to stick and be available forever in the future, is the right way to do it is saving it to scene 0 and make a copy on the USB stick and preserve the files?

Do the 3.0 firmware has got the early adopters approval?

Thanks!

If I use the 2-In 2-Out Card mode, is it possible to route the console Main L & R to Card Output 1 & 2, instead of the default Channel 1 & 2? I'd like to be able to record the mix on a laptop rather than on the USB stick.

Yes, use out 1-16 (or aux out or ultranet out) to define the outputs, make main L/main R #1 and 2, then select that output menu as the card source.

Second, I'm now doing the initial setting on my new console to my liking. If I want those setting to stick and be available forever in the future, is the right way to do it is saving it to scene 0 and make a copy on the USB stick and preserve the files?

You can also copy and save scene 0 to another scene if you want, and save it either way to a usb stick.

Do the 3.0 firmware has got the early adopters approval?

Yes on approval of most early adopters, also there is a newer firmware 3.07 and a newer edit 3.1 that addressed some earlier issues. I would not hesitate to use it.

Hello All,
I have an X32 Core. Is it possible to have the headphone knob on the front only control output from the headphone jack & not change the level from the rear monitor outputs ?

(I hope I am posting this in the right place)

For those who have had an X32 for more than 2 years, have you encountered any major problems? Would you recommend it? Are replacement parts available?

The reason I ask is that a few years back we bought a X32 RACK but we forget to register it. Two years later the power supply went bad. I spent hours on hold with their support and eventually gave up trying to communicate with them (I was actually able to install a blue tooth speaker system in my ceiling, start to finish while I was on hold, and then I gave up waiting).

When i eventually did get I a hold of the support line I was able to learn that Behringer did not have any replacement parts for our X32 Rack as the newer units had a redesigned power supply and they didn't have the older design power supply. So our 2 year old mixer was worthless :(. To be fair, had we remembered to register we may have worked something out with them to get a working one.

So with that mixer dead, we are looking for a new mixer. We like the X32 price point and features, but we are very hesitant to buy from Behringer if replacement parts are not available and support is hard to reach, as has been our experience. I don't expect it to work perfectly forever, and having something break is annoying, but acceptable. But breaking down and not having replacement parts available on a 2 year old product is not something we find acceptable and if this is the case with the X32, we will go elsewhere.

Last edited:

For those who have had an X32 for more than 2 years, have you encountered any major problems? Would you recommend it? Are replacement parts available?

The reason I ask is that a few years back we bought a X32 RACK but we forget to register it. Two years later the power supply went bad. I spent hours on hold with their support and eventually gave up trying to communicate with them (I was actually able to install a blue tooth speaker system in my ceiling, start to finish while I was on hold, and then I gave up waiting).

When i eventually did get I a hold of the support line I was able to learn that Behringer did not have any replacement parts for our X32 Rack as the newer units had a redesigned power supply and they didn't have the older design power supply. So our 2 year old mixer was worthless :(. To be fair, had we remembered to register we may have worked something out with them to get a working one.

So with that mixer dead, we are looking for a new mixer. We like the X32 price point and features, but we are very hesitant to buy from Behringer if replacement parts are not available and support is hard to reach, as has been our experience. I don't expect it to work perfectly forever, and having something break is annoying, but acceptable. But breaking down and not having replacement parts available on a 2 year old product is not something we find acceptable and if this is the case with the X32, we will go elsewhere.

Thats too bad man. I have an X32 rack that also cropped up with an issue. Although it was repaired with no charge. It was still under warranty.
I have an x32 in a case that has seen a fair amount of use with absolutely no issues and an additional x32 in an install that is left on 24/7 also with no issues. I hope you can find a way to get yours repaired. From what I have seen on here they have been pretty responsive on the customer care. You should go back and look through this thread for some direct contact to a few guys who visit the forum n behalf of Behringer.

Last edited:
A friend of mine has a very early full size X32 that was crashing a lot. He's just had it repaired by Behringer (I think they had to swap out five boards!) and it's now working fine. There have been some hardware changes since the very early models but they were still able to sort it out. Different beast of course but the experience suggests that they can still do a good job.

The reason I ask is that a few years back we bought a X32 RACK but we forget to register it....

Sorry to hear of your problem, and it was indeed too bad that you didn't register it because the power supply is one of the few things covered by the extended warranty. Anything that you can touch is not covered for the extra couple years, but the power supply should definitely be covered.

Had it been covered, they would likely have just given you a new one regardless of whether they had the old parts or not.

I have a bunch of X32 family products and there have been few to no problems with them. I did get a Producer that was bad from the get go (wouldn't communicate with Airports that other units communicated fine with). Sent it back, came back fixed, then did the same thing again. Sent it back and forgot about it till now. Last time I talked with Support they said they'd send a new one, but haven't gotten it yet and I now have enough Producers (as well as full sized and Racks) that I'm able to forget about a missing one.

Back to your question: the X32 family products have been reliable (with that one exception for me) and I wouldn't hesitate to get more for my company.

PS Owner for more than 4 years, I think; got the first ones in November after the first September they came out in America and after following this thread for 5 months while Christian shared his experiences with prototypes. Glad to see the thread has some activity.

Ben, Sheriton and Dan - Thanks for your replies and the info! It has been very helpful. I won't be the only one who makes the decision, so I will let you know what we decide at a later date.

From what I can gather from your, and our experience - a mature Behringer product is more dependable, both in that they are less likely to fail and more likely to have parts if/when they do.

I really appreciate the help!