X32 Discussion

Re: iPad app? C'mon!!!

Ok, the mutes seem to work normally for the most part. It also seemed less sluggish and glitchy, although I did have to reboot the app once when the mute group controls stopped functioning.

John, try out M32-Mix. Reports are that it works fine and is for some unknown reason, it's a smaller file download size than the X32 version. They are the same program, different names, slightly different graphics. The M32 has the exact same firmware as the X.

Cary -

I have tried the new x32 and m32 apps on an x32 with latest firmware, they are equally corrupted: iPad air, dlink DIR815 on both 2.4 and 5 gig, mutes and mute groups, hard mutes on and off, I did not try mute inverse. I trust all will be well at some point...

-Tim T

Re: Questions on operation of the X32

Has anyone measured the latency of the pitch shifter FX? While the delay control goes down to 1ms the latency is obviously quite a bit more :( .

Has anyone measured the latency of the pitch shifter FX? While the delay control goes down to 1ms the latency is obviously quite a bit more :( .

I have not measure the pitch shifter per se but I have measured the "1176" style compressor inserted on the L&R @ .67mS. And the "Tube Stage" inserted on a group @.69mS.

Cary -

I have tried the new x32 and m32 apps on an x32 with latest firmware, they are equally corrupted: iPad air, dlink DIR815 on both 2.4 and 5 gig, mutes and mute groups, hard mutes on and off, I did not try mute inverse. I trust all will be well at some point...

-Tim T
I had to use a dir855 for the first time with my xr18 last night and had several issues not encountered with any other router that I've used before. The dir855 was not on its latest firmware though...

Robert - (et al...)

(update) I changed routers to my Apple Airport Express, (10.0.xxxx address), and that seems to be working correctly. I tried my DIR-815 again (192.168.xxxx), and it also seems to be working now at both 2.4 and 5... (x32) Perhaps I reset something by changing routers, addresses, but it looks to be fixed.

Cheers,

-Tim T

X32 lost scenes, not able to save to console as well

Turned the mixer on yesterday, all scenes gone. Saved a scene, turned on this morning, yesterdays scene gone and nothing on the scene page ver 2.14

Thoughts

X32 lost scenes, not able to save to console as well

Seems strange that it would be a battery issue with this young a mixer. Has anyone replaced this battery? Is it in a holder or is it a direct solder in?

Last edited:

This got me interested so I ran a set of measurements using SMAART. I performed a series of measurements first on the Dual Pitch Shifter followed by another set of measurements using the Stereo Pitch Shifter.
I inserted the FX on the main L&R. My measurement referenced the signal at the noise input (Aux 1 in) and measuring the signal post fader at the output of the L&R fader set to unity. On the FX unit I set the mix at 100%, delay at the minimum (1mS), Gain at 100%, Pan at -100%, Semi Tone at 0, Cent 1 at 0. I set the right channel similarly (With the obvious difference of the pan control at 100%.) With the mix control at 0 I measured .67mS of latency which is consistent with what I have found before with FX devices including EQ, Compressors, etc.

This is where it got interesting if not perplexing. I discovered that whatever my initial measurement was would change if I adjusted the Semitone control or the Cent control and returned them to 0. I would get a range of measurements from around 4mS to nearly 50mS. Each time I would adjust either the Semi Tone or Cent control and return them to 0 the measured end result would differ (within the range reported). I could discern no pattern. I.e moving the Cent control 1 Cent up and then back down to 0 would yield a different result each time. Going 50 Cents up and then back to 0 would yield also unpredictable results.

As a purely FX device used as a send and return I have never found the behavior particularly disturbing though this does start to explain why I have a hard time duplicating settings and achieving the same results.

Well, I measured the latency of the Dual Pitch Shifter on my XR12 and it's 40ms from input to output of that FX block
icon_sad.gif
. That's with the "delay" set to minimum (1ms) and pitch set to -1 semitone. I just used the USB recorder with one channel set to the input and the other to the output. But in light of the previous post further testing might be warranted. I will say that the 40ms "feels" about right in what I hear.

I'm actually trying to use the pitch shifter on bass so that I don't have to tune down a half step for one band I'm in. I'd like to eliminate the pedal I'm using now - preferably with something as good or better. This ain't it :( .

Last edited:
Re: X32 lost scenes, not able to save to console as well

There is a battery in there see this video at about 12:15 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en84LnnGmjE I don’t know exactly what the battery does and it looks like a real pain to get at.

Battery keeps the clock time. I had one that came in and the battery didn't work. Console time reset the time each time it was unplugged. Everything else seemed to work fine.

Robert - (et al...)

(update) I changed routers to my Apple Airport Express, (10.0.xxxx address), and that seems to be working correctly. I tried my DIR-815 again (192.168.xxxx), and it also seems to be working now at both 2.4 and 5... (x32) Perhaps I reset something by changing routers, addresses, but it looks to be fixed.

Cheers,

-Tim T
I upgraded the firmware in the dir-855 and it seems to behave much better now. Need to do some more tests before I can trust that router...

Re: X32 Discussion

Hi
I recently bought a X32 compact from music group as a "recon".
I am not able to record with it, or play back files recorded on my X32 rack. The compact is one of the earlier ones with an usb and FireWire card. To be clear, I am using the USB port on the surface. Is it possible that the specs for the USB chip are different for different versions of the console? Or is the console defective? Thanks. Hanno

Sent from my iPhone . Hanno

Re: X32 Discussion

Hi
I recently bought a X32 compact from music group as a "recon".
I am not able to record with it, or play back files recorded on my X32 rack. The compact is one of the earlier ones with an usb and FireWire card. To be clear, I am using the USB port on the surface. Is it possible that the specs for the USB chip are different for different versions of the console? Or is the console defective? Thanks. Hanno

Sent from my iPhone . Hanno

Hi Hanno,

My name is Patrick and I work for Music Group (Behringer) support. Obviously we would like to help you with this and get to the bottom of what may be the cause and then find the appropriate solution. Please could you email us at [email protected] quoting this forum and we will get right to it....Or... I would email you directly but I cannot see your email so if it's easier just PM me your email address and we can take it from there.

Thank you.

Hmm, i use the ipad app very often at my jobs. The important part for me is to finalize the mix on several places in the venue or setup the monitors for the musicians. And i can do this with any of the released versions. And even if there are bugs, the different versions are valueable for me because i am focussed to my job. If there is a bug, i will find a workaround. So, John, why do you blame it as a complete mess?