X32 Discussion

Re: iPad app? C'mon!!!

Ok, so this update seems to be a complete mess functionally. Not having fun here......

Hi John,
It would be helpful if you would be more specific in the functional problems you are experiencing. I suspect there are quite a few of us waiting with bated breath before upgrading our X32 Mix app. There seems to be some confusion whether or not the recent releases addresses the mute issue. Thank you in advance!

Hi John,
It would be helpful if you would be more specific in the functional problems you are experiencing. I suspect there are quite a few of us waiting with bated breath before upgrading our X32 Mix app. There seems to be some confusion whether or not the recent releases addresses the mute issue. Thank you in advance!

Overall glitchy and hesitant, mutes still aren't rights, freezes up. Can I revert to the version before the RTA addition? Anyone with new console firmware having better results?

Hmm, i use the ipad app very often at my jobs. The important part for me is to finalize the mix on several places in the venue or setup the monitors for the musicians. And i can do this with any of the released versions. And even if there are bugs, the different versions are valueable for me because i am focussed to my job. If there is a bug, i will find a workaround. So, John, why do you blame it as a complete mess?
Mixing fast moving rock shows in ways I used to do with no problem. Going to FX screens to make changes, tap tempos...etc.If I hit a button, and it takes 1-2 seconds to switch, that doesn't work. This stuff can really stick you when on an EQ screen or an aux send screen. The mites are still totally unpredictable.

Hmm, i use the ipad app very often at my jobs. The important part for me is to finalize the mix on several places in the venue or setup the monitors for the musicians. And i can do this with any of the released versions. And even if there are bugs, the different versions are valueable for me because i am focussed to my job. If there is a bug, i will find a workaround. So, John, why do you blame it as a complete mess?

John is mixing 101% on the iPad. He has no direct physical access to the mixer...

It occurred to me today how nice it would be to have an X48 with exactly the same features and capabilities as the X32 but the ability to choose the 3rd layer of 16 inputs by pressing both the layer 1 and 2 buttons together, a variation on what the Producer can do. There wouldn't even need to be another set of analog inputs on the desk, the third S-16 connected to the AES-50 port would simply be available for use simultaneously with the first two S-16's or the analog on-board inputs.

The issue would certainly be the main chip, right? Is there a more powerful chip available now that wasn't available 4 years ago? There must be.

I am quite happy with the X32 family, not including the iPad app as compared to the XAir implementation.

May be I missed something, the way you described is vaporware / feature request , not ?
No offense intended :)

Klaus

No offense taken, of course.

What I described is indeed a request for a future product rather than a way to do it now, which is why I tried to phrase it as a request rather than as how it can be done now. It occurred to me that a whole new versatile product could be created around existing frame/hardware/connections but new guts, and that product would be more useful than current product. I don't think it would be a feature request because it would require reworking the guts of the existing product but not necessarily the externals.

I tried to be clear but apologize that I wasn't.

Hello all! I had heard about the X32 but only got to work on one this past june - better late than never! I'm always apprehensive of new boards but the shows I did went very fine and I was cruising on the desk in no time and got great sound. No new news here for you I guess! :)

It's when I thought I should be trying to have one purchased for the small venue I manage. I still use a 1998 era A&H GL2000/24 but rent a LS9-32 once a year for our big show. Searching for reviews, comments and infos about the desk, I naturally ended-up here. I read the whole thing from page one, it took 6 weeks! I have the impression I know several of you guys! It's almost sad the traffic has slowed to near halt in the last months...

Anyway, I wanted to thanks all the great people who have shared so much knowledge and took the time to try things to improve the X32 ecosystem.

I'll let you know if managment purchase me one!

Hello from Finland

Welcome on board - remember to obey captain ... some elderly sailors might be a tad grumpy occasionally, but they are fine if you behave...

I stumbled on this forum likewise searching info on X32 and ended being among very first to have one - later again with X32R - people here have been extremely helpful to each other - this is indeed THE library of knowledge - if not visible at first glance, it will appear upon asking nicely.

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Hello all! I had heard about the X32 but only got to work on one this past june - better late than never! I'm always apprehensive of new boards but the shows I did went very fine and I was cruising on the desk in no time and got great sound. No new news here for you I guess! :)
It's when I thought I should be trying to have one purchased for the small venue I manage. I still use a 1998 era A&H GL2000/24 but rent a LS9-32 once a year for our big show. Searching for reviews, comments and infos about the desk, I naturally ended-up here. I read the whole thing from page one, it took 6 weeks! I have the impression I know several of you guys! It's almost sad the traffic has slowed to near halt in the last months...
Anyway, I wanted to thanks all the great people who have shared so much knowledge and took the time to try things to improve the X32 ecosystem.
I'll let you know if managment purchase me one!

Things have slowed to a snails pace on this forum, but I believe its for very GOOD reasons. The X32 has been so extensively examined on so many issues for so long there is not a lot of uncovered ground. Therefore anything you may want to know about is probably somewhere in here quite fully explained or solved. You apparently have just read the whole book of X32-I'm sure not many have, I surely have not. I hope you get one to work with. Lots out there for sale at ridiculous prices.

Hey! Management cleared my project, an X32 is on the way! :)

I played with the X32-Edit app along with an utility called Show Manager, previously discussed here, and available on Sourceforge.net. There is something I'd like to be able to with those tools, do but cannot find a way to. Short version, I'd like to be able to select a given existing scene, offline, duplicate it, rename/renumber it and place it elsewhere in a show I'm assembling offline, away of the actual board. A kind of copy/paste for whole scenes.

This simple function is available and easy to do in Yamaha Studio Manager. I have used it for years!

At this time, for the X32, I'd have to do it in the Finder (on Mac) : Select a scene file, click Duplicate file, rename it manually, and re-import it back into Show Manager. I'd rather do it all inside the Show Manager app.

Anything I'm missing here? If not, is there something that could be added in Show Manager? I cannot contact them, maybe they will read this!

Hi Eric,

Robert sent me the link to your post. Haven't looked at this thread for sometime since I spend most of my time on the Behringer forum. That's the best place to contact me. Great idea of the copy paste in Show Manager. This should be a relatively easy feature to implement. Give me a few days to get it figured out and compiled.

Paul