X32 Discussion

Re: x32 Producer feature request

Press the Input buttons CH 1-8 and CH 9-16 on the left side simultaneously and it will do just that.
I give myself a pat on the back for this one, although of course I may not have been the first or only one to request it. But it makes the Producer much easier to operate.
Mick

X-32 failures

Both the X-32s I have been involved with have suffered the same fatal failure. It shows as the only thing happening on power up is the screen buttons (home, setup, routing etc) light dimly, otherwise the board is dead. I would think it's a power supply failure. Surely this must have happened to other people? The coincidence is too much for it to only happen to me.
In one case the board was declared unrepairable (parts not available), but we were lucky, we had the warranty and got a full refund, and upgraded to an M-32. Not so with the other one, unfortunately.

Has anyone else had this happen? How did they deal with it? These are early manufacture consoles. Are the parts really not available?

Thanks,
Mick

Re: X-32 failures

Both the X-32s I have been involved with have suffered the same fatal failure. It shows as the only thing happening on power up is the screen buttons (home, setup, routing etc) light dimly, otherwise the board is dead. I would think it's a power supply failure. Surely this must have happened to other people? The coincidence is too much for it to only happen to me.
In one case the board was declared unrepairable (parts not available), but we were lucky, we had the warranty and got a full refund, and upgraded to an M-32. Not so with the other one, unfortunately.

Has anyone else had this happen? How did they deal with it? These are early manufacture consoles. Are the parts really not available?

Thanks,
Mick
I had this happen to me, day before Xmas, major festival to rig for, no hope of help from anywhere.
Dug into the PSU and found one of the secondary rectifier diodes (D9, a 20100CT) short circuited.
Replaced it and no further problems in the last couple of years.
M

I had this happen to me, day before Xmas, major festival to rig for, no hope of help from anywhere.
Dug into the PSU and found one of the secondary rectifier diodes (D9, a 20100CT) short circuited.
Replaced it and no further problems in the last couple of years.
M

Wow. Thanks for that. I will check out the diodes.
Thanks,
Mick.

Thanks,
Mick

Hello Mick,

Patrick here from MUS!C (Behringer/MIDAS) Europe. Parts are available for the X32, we do not sell direct to end users as we don't encourage users to perform their own repairs as it voids any warranty. But if the desks are out of warranty then of course end users can repair should they choose to. To order parts though it would have to be done via our partner service centers for which you can find the contact info through the link below but we recommend having out of warranty desks repaired by our partner service centers rather than the user as they have experience and expertise with such matters. Of course we are always happy to try and help to find solutions for customers so you can always fire us off an email to [email protected] should you wish.

http://www.music-group.com/brand/behringer/store-finder?type=POS

Hello Mick,Patrick here from MUS!C (Behringer/MIDAS) Europe. Parts are available for the X32, we do not sell direct to end users as we don't encourage users to perform their own repairs as it voids any warranty. But if the desks are out of warranty then of course end users can repair should they choose to. To order parts though it would have to be done via our partner service centers for which you can find the contact info through the link below but we recommend having out of warranty desks repaired by our partner service centers rather than the user as they have experience and expertise with such matters. Of course we are always happy to try and help to find solutions for customers so you can always fire us off an email to [email protected] should you wish.http://www.music-group.com/brand/behringer/store-finder?type=POS
Well Patrick, when the approved service center says that the parts are not available, what are we supposed to do? I am an audio technician, I actually worked for Midas a long time ago. I will take a careful look around, and if I can't fix it easily we will take it to your service center in Vegas.Thanks,Mick

Well Patrick, when the approved service center says that the parts are not available, what are we supposed to do? I am an audio technician, I actually worked for Midas a long time ago. I will take a careful look around, and if I can't fix it easily we will take it to your service center in Vegas.Thanks,Mick

Hi Mick,

Thanks for getting back to me. I take it it you are in the States then. I am not sure of what the status is on ordering parts in the USA (I am in the European Care Team) but certainly the CARE team in USA can help with this request and point you in the right direction so it may be worth contacting them. The [email protected] email can be used for this and would be forwarded to the USA team who will be able to assist. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Re: iPad app? C'mon!!!

WTF is the situation here? This app is ridiculous! Taken all the joy out of mixing. Who is responsible for fixing this? Address? Phone #?

Hi John,

Sorry to hear of your frustration. Unfortunately I cannot put you in direct contact with the Software team on this but please rest assured the new update is being developed and tested as we speak, it also must be submitted to Apple and receive approval before it will become available for update in the App Store. So as it stands I do not have a specific date I can give for release but it is being prioritized so we thank you for your patience and understanding on this and please rest assured the update will be released as soon as possible.

Last edited:

WTF is the situation here? This app is ridiculous! Taken all the joy out of mixing. Who is responsible for fixing this? Address? Phone #?

Which app are you talking about John? If you mean the X-Air, agreed. And maybe concentrate on making the app work rather than how pretty it is.
Mick

Which app are you talking about John? If you mean the X-Air, agreed. And maybe concentrate on making the app work rather than how pretty it is.
Mick
The only thing I use the iPad app for is naming channels and as a backup to my Nexus 7 tablet. David Giga's 'droid app is vastly superior to the iPad version.

John -

The app is "Mixing Station" for the free version, "Mixing Station Pro" for the paid version, though the free version is pretty complete. There are plenty of videos you can find with a search. I have and use both Mixing station and the Ipad apps, and prefer the Ipad app, though a case can be made that Mixing Station provides more options for custom layers, dcas, etc. I find the Behringer app more intuitive and quicker to get around for live mixing. YMMV...

-Tim T

John -

The app is "Mixing Station" for the free version, "Mixing Station Pro" for the paid version, though the free version is pretty complete. There are plenty of videos you can find with a search. I have and use both Mixing station and the Ipad apps, and prefer the Ipad app, though a case can be made that Mixing Station provides more options for custom layers, dcas, etc. I find the Behringer app more intuitive and quicker to get around for live mixing. YMMV...

-Tim T
Tim, thanks! A band I was mixing on iPad had the android app and I never spent time with it but just by looking at it and watching, I would struggle at first on how to get to things I need. I like:
All meters always visible.
Graphics especially for effects...this for me is important as I have been mixing live and in studio for a long time, and FAMILIAR interfaces are always better for my workflow. I move around a lot and the fact that every screen looks the same is a substantial time saver in my eyes. I have been carrying 2 on my arm recently and it's a smooth process for me.
Just wished the freakin' thing worked the way it used to. My pad did an automatic update and it's been a nightmare since.
Just fix it!!

Tim, thanks! A band I was mixing on iPad had the android app and I never spent time with it but just by looking at it and watching, I would struggle at first on how to get to things I need. I like:
All meters always visible.
Graphics especially for effects...this for me is important as I have been mixing live and in studio for a long time, and FAMILIAR interfaces are always better for my workflow. I move around a lot and the fact that every screen looks the same is a substantial time saver in my eyes. I have been carrying 2 on my arm recently and it's a smooth process for me.
Just wished the freakin' thing worked the way it used to. My pad did an automatic update and it's been a nightmare since.
Just fix it!!

Efx support is probably the weakest link in Mixing Station. Metering is good but on its own page. You can't have 100% metering of all inputs, all outputs, GR, etc and still have faders or other controls on screen. The X32 allows multiple, simultaneous connections of Android as well as iThingy. You can set up 6 or 7 of whatever devices that makes your workflow happy, but the way you mix I think a real console surface is superior.