X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Screen Accident

I cant even do that, nothing comes up when I press view in the talkback or monitor sections

Remote Button!

On the subject of Buttons - should the remote button light up - show a screen - when pressed - even though the unit is not connected to PC via usb/fiwi - or will it only light up when pressed if the x32 is connected to a pc?
- haven't got to testing the connection stage yet!

Remote Button!
On the subject of Buttons - should the remote button light up - show a screen - when pressed - even though the unit is not connected to PC via usb/fiwi - or will it only light up when pressed if the x32 is connected to a pc?
- haven't got to testing the connection stage yet!

Try this:

Hit the SETUP button, then right-arrow to the "Remote" tab. The first rotary knob should be labeled "Enable", and if you press it, it'll become yellow (enabled).

Now you can toggle the "remote" button on the surface on/off. This will route the MIDI via either the 5-pin DIN connectors on the back, or down the "card" virtual interface, depending on how it's configured in SETUP->REMOTE. Took me a bit to figure this one out, as it's disabled from the factory (or, at least mine was...)

Don

DCA's and Mute Groups

Anyway, just wanted to made clear, that soloing DCA groups definitley works!
Christian

This is a welcome addition to DCA's! There are so many leftover artifacts from the analog world. Some we need to keep for consistency, but others can certainly go.

@Behringer: This was mentioned before, but I think it got buried in another discussion. As DCA's can be muted, it would be extremely helpful to allow DCA's to be assigned to Mute Groups.

Eric H.

I've had my X32 for about 2 or 3 weeks and have used it on 3 shows now, haven't had much time outside the shows to mess with it much but last night I realized that the monitor and talkback sections are not working. I can plug in the headphones and the volume works fine, but none of the buttons light up when I push them (mono, dim, view, talk A or talk B) and nothing changes on the screen.

has anyone else had this problem? or heard of anything like this before?

Hi Arturo,
Joe Sanborn here with BEHRINGER.
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your talkback section.

I took a look at my X32 and can confirm that you should see the setup screen, for the talkback section, when you hit the View button.

I want to get this corrected as soon as possible.
Please give Chase a call at our Las Vegas service facility to discuss.
The number is:
Call Center
702-800-8290
option 1 for tech support
Ask for Chase our lead X32 Tech Support Person

Please feel free to email me directly if I can assist any further.

Thanks,
Joe Sanborn
BEHRINGER

Hi Arturo,
Joe Sanborn here with BEHRINGER.
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your talkback section.

I took a look at my X32 and can confirm that you should see the setup screen, for the talkback section, when you hit the View button.

I want to get this corrected as soon as possible.
Please give Chase a call at our Las Vegas service facility to discuss.
The number is:
Call Center
702-800-8290
option 1 for tech support
Ask for Chase our lead X32 Tech Support Person

Please feel free to email me directly if I can assist any further.

Thanks,
Joe Sanborn
BEHRINGER

Thank you Joe, I will call first thing tomorrow morning

re: X32 Discussion

I decided to go to Düsseldorf when my supplier told me they didn't have any x32's left in stock. So they weren't able to exchange it for a new one. Turned out it was just a 110km drive since the development team of the X32 is stationed in Willich

It was repaired on the spot and it turned out one of the 8-channel output modules had a defect. This was the only case they knew about so it was just bad luck.

I would like to thank Uli and all the others involved at Behringer once more for getting in touch with me personally and actively helping me to get it fixed as fast as humanly possible!

Hi Jaap

Did you see the guys opening your X32 ? How was it inside ? Easy opening ? Easy access on all the components ?

Usually I like to open my new equipment to see the quality of the fabrication but here i'm feeling a little bit shy :)

Try this:

Hit the SETUP button, then right-arrow to the "Remote" tab. The first rotary knob should be labeled "Enable", and if you press it, it'll become yellow (enabled).

Now you can toggle the "remote" button on the surface on/off. This will route the MIDI via either the 5-pin DIN connectors on the back, or down the "card" virtual interface, depending on how it's configured in SETUP->REMOTE. Took me a bit to figure this one out, as it's disabled from the factory (or, at least mine was...)

Don

Thanks

Re:x32 fiwi800

Has anyone tried connecting the Fiwi on the x32 to Fiwi 800 on pc using 6 to 9 pin adapter/cable - did it work? - just asking to save me buying an adapter cable to try it rather than simply getting a Fiwi400 card,

thanks

Nick

Re: x32 fiwi800

Has anyone tried connecting the Fiwi on the x32 to Fiwi 800 on pc using 6 to 9 pin adapter/cable - did it work? - just asking to save me buying an adapter cable to try it rather than simply getting a Fiwi400 card,

thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

not on PC, but I got one FiWi 400-->FiWi800 cabel from evailbay, that I use to hook up my MacBook. On PC I got great results with an cheap ExSys PCI FiWi400 card.
Maybe this helps.
Christian

Hi. I have been lurking around the forum for the last month following this thread and waiting for my x32 to arrive. Thank you all (Christian especially) for a very vivid and informativ thread. Nice vibes!

Got my x32 last thursday and have been trying it out in the studio. I have also been testing it hooked up to my PA. Love the features of the board (although missing some if studiowork is intended). But...

While tesing the outputs connected to my PA system/monitors, I get a VERY LOUD stuttering sound coming from output 16 while the board is booting. Once booted, output 16 is fine. This only happends on output 16 and is does not matter whether anyting is routed to output 16. Still the same VERY LOUD (of course depending on my poweramp settings) sound. Kind of scary if the board got locked up and had to be rebooted while running a show... Not nice.

I to have zippersound coming from the mic pres while changing gainsettings. This I can live with.
I to have noisy 16/32. Not nice at all.

I´m on 1.08 and all up to date.

How about repairs in Sweden? Or will it have to go back to Germany? (Thomann bought).

Studiospares have just shipped UK preorders!

They could have saved us some anxiety by replying to emails but I'm glad they've come through and honoured the preorder price.

Just hoping its all OK when it arrives!

Re: x32 service

How about repairs in Sweden? Or will it have to go back to Germany? (Thomann bought).

I think this is something Behringer really should have a look at, the official distributor to Norway and Sweden doesn't seem to give a toss, so it would be nice if Behringer could appoint someone as approved service centre for the two countries.
As long as we're shopping with Thomann, we obviously can't expect service from the local distributor anyway, but we might have done our shopping locally if we could expect service, so it works both ways. In fact I would put it as strongly as saying that a retailer here in Norway with a proper service shop (and many have that) and an official standing as Behringer service centre would stand to get most of the business on anything relating to the X32

Dear Simon,

we're sorry for the trouble.

As stated earlier, on a few consoles the power cable got too close to the mic pre boards which can potentially induce some noise into channel 16 and 32.

If you have an experienced technician on hand, our Care center in the UK can connect with him and get the cable realigned. It's a very simple fix and takes only around 20 minutes.

Please drop me a personal note with your contact details and I will have one of our Care people reach out to you.

We will get this fixed so you can fully enjoy your console.

Warm regards

Uli

Last edited:

This simply amazes me that Uli him self is answering post's direct to the end user. This type of response shows how much he cares for his company and all the customers using Behringer products. It's not everyday that a CEO of a major corporation will respond to the "little guy". I respect that very much and that type of support makes me want to buy Behringer products.

I currently own a X32 not only because I like the functions and layout. I read Uli's Q & A and he convinced me that Behringer is lifting the bar on they're products. The X32 show's that to be a fact.

I commend you Uli Behringer. Thank you for supporting the "little guy".

Brian Wynn
Sounds Cool Live Audio
USA

This simply amazes me that Uli him self is answering post's direct to the end user. This type of response shows how much he cares for his company and all the customers using Behringer products. It's not everyday that a CEO of a major corporation will respond to the "little guy". I respect that very much and that type of support makes me want to buy Behringer products.

I currently own a X32 not only because I like the functions and layout. I read Uli's Q & A and he convinced me that Behringer is lifting the bar on they're products. The X32 show's that to be a fact.

I commend you Uli Behringer. Thank you for supporting the "little guy".

Brian Wynn
Sounds Cool Live Audio
USA

Brian,
Do you mind me asking where you bought yours? We're a dealer in Michigan and are still waiting for our distributor to receive an order of 1795 of them from Behringer. :(~:-(~:sad:
Thanks,
Jim

Dear Simon,

we're sorry for the trouble.

As stated earlier, on a few consoles the power cable got too close to the mic pre boards which can potentially induce some noise into channel 16 and 32.

If you have an experienced technician on hand, our Care center in the UK can connect with him and get the cable realigned. It's a very simple fix and takes only around 20 minutes.

Please drop me a personal note with your contact details and I will have one of our Care people reach out to you.

We will get this fixed so you can fully enjoy your console.

Warm regards

Uli

Thank you Uli.

Truly amazing customer support!

Simon

Nice post, Christian!

Your experiments (Distortion/ Delay) reminds me at your Sac Tutorial and it's easy to see which opportunities are given with the X32!

I see, i have to mix a lot more with my console!

At least i managed my macbook to record and playback 32 Track, that's really cool!

Maybe a little feature request: USB Recorder: Record/Stop assignable to UDK, to pause the record and write single Tracks!

re: X32 Discussion

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Uli BehringerDear all,

Over the past few months, many people have been reaching out to us and requested an iPad/PC Control remote control version of the X32 digital mixer without any physical control elements.

This could be either a tabletop or rack-mount version where you just connect your I/O’s plus a wireless router and you’re ready to go.

What is your view and could you please also share your requirements such as configuration, front or back connectors, price, etc?

Many thanks

Uli

P.S. Thanks Eric for spotting the connector issue in the manual. We will correct it in our next documentation version as the units are assembled correctly.

follow my idea (draft image) :

View attachment 4721

16in/8out 96kHz 24bit on board

expandable 32in/16out 48kHz 24Bit with S-16

DSP mixer with FX (dinamic, gate, eq , reverb...)

control for Ipad, PC/Mac, BCF, ...

Thunderbolt compatible

I forgot to mention the estimated price that I consider appropriate:

between $ 1,000.00 and $ 1,500.00