X32 Discussion

well, Santa needs to flog those stupid reindeer and get them over north american soil. we're still waiting. at least i am....

Still no app to download... but I managed to browse the app info...sometimes...sometimes not...
Tried to delete the app and reinstall but now only showing the old 1.2

Also.. Noticed the new app is 2.0 not 1.3 as I stated.

Happy I managed to make screenshots of the 2.0 .. The do look very interesting :)

Here are the shots in better resolution.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357773510.096597.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357773525.313448.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357773537.574009.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357773549.301237.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357773560.212020.jpg

Re: X32 Discussion

Am I hearing this correctly ( behringer ) that this app isn't supported on iPad 1... Are ya kiddin me?

Pretty sure Uli mentioned that when he announced the release. Given the processing of data, I'm not surprised. It will be using functions that the 1st gen iPad's don't have access to in iOS6.

Edit: Looks like it is iOS 5.1 onwards, so should be fine on the 1st-gen iPads.

Last edited:

Am I hearing this correctly ( behringer ) that this app isn't supported on iPad 1... Are ya kiddin me?

The app is in the update list for the 1st Gen, but shows as 1.2. Downloading the update repeatedly just gives the old app.

The new app appears in the update list for the mini, and downloading the update gives the new app.

Update: It is now working fine.

Last edited:
Re: The new XiControl

Hmmmm, the default channel EQ gain for all bands is maximum cut.

Resetting each channel gives you a zero starting point.

The compressor section looks nice, with maybe more choices than on the console? Not sure about this, there's a lot of knobs, though.

Larger meter in compressors would be nice, for that matter, a page of large compressor meters would be useful...

Oh, and there are the same number of knobs in the compressor section, it just looked like m/edit

I like the look of it, much more pro than the previous version.

Edits:

1) Default channel EQ gain as described is only in offline mode. Connecting to the console reads correctly.

2) No more knobs in the compressor section, just looked like at first glance, maybe the grouping is tighter or something.

3) The meters on the input page were redone to remove a sea of red, so that the user was looking at different intensities of red to decide what was going on. The new graphics have the background as grey or dark, and the reductions will be MUCH easier to see.

New info:

The graphic EQ's are instantly accessible now on the iPad, and this will eliminate needing to get out of fader mode to EQ, which as a new digital user made me uncomfortable.

This is really a great revision and is extraordinarily useful progress. I'm on pins and needles to see what will be announced at NAMM.....

Last edited:
Hmmmm, the default channel EQ gain for all bands is maximum cut.

Resetting each channel gives you a zero starting point.

The compressor section looks nice, with maybe more choices than on the console? Not sure about this, there's a lot of knobs, though.

Larger meter in compressors would be nice, for that matter, a page of large compressor meters would be useful...

I like the look of it, much more pro than the previous version.

Agree. It absolutely looks and feels MUCH more Pro now!

Does anybody know if muted channels are indicated in the mini meters?
Does not seem so but I run the app offline. Would be very useful to have total mute status presented all the time in the mini meters!

No iPhone 5 results yet for "Behringer XiQ".

I'm still on the "old OS", though, if that makes a difference. 6.0.1

Same here! No XiQ... But it will probably roll out in a few hours... :)

iPad 4 (replaced my iPad 1 in order to be able to run Xicontrol in advanced mode with all features)
iOS 6.0.2

I think it is time now to pull the trigger for a x32.... To finally replace my old horse Yammie 01V. Happy I waited and not got the 01V96i a year ago!

Pretty sure Uli mentioned that when he announced the release. Given the processing of data, I'm not surprised. It will be using functions that the 1st gen iPad's don't have access to in iOS6.

I'm running on a 1st generation IPad right now. It seems to be a little more responsive than the previous version even with the mini meters engaged.

Re: P16-M - Cannot read the pot & button labels!

After receiving my P16-M, I designed some labels, with each instrument being depicted by an icon. With a transparent, glueing printing foil those labels are nearly unnoticeable while the instrument symbols are clearly visible, even in low-light situations. I can't imagine a P16-M without it anymore :)

Here are some pictures:

View attachment 5652View attachment 5653View attachment 5654

Regards,

Christoph

Very nice!

Would you mind sharing your template? I have a color laser printer that's begging for a job like this.

Re: The new XiControl

Extraordinary! The new iPad app ver2.0 is the deal maker, that is by far the best virtual control interface for digital mixers on the market, kudos to the programming and project team that has made this innovation a reality!