X32 for theatrical work.

Re: X32 for theatrical work.

The website X32user.net is down...( Parallels H-Sphere Account has been suspended )
any idea of it's new location ?
Tks.
:)~:)~:smile:

It will be in the same place when it's back up, it just seems to take a while.
:cry: when I finally got a response to my support request, I was asked to supply the information they need to handle my request, which incidentally is exactly the information I supplied in my original request :cry: so I might be in for a long wait to get my accounts and sites back up :cry:

It will be in the same place when it's back up, it just seems to take a while.
:cry: when I finally got a response to my support request, I was asked to supply the information they need to handle my request, which incidentally is exactly the information I supplied in my original request :cry: so I might be in for a long wait to get my accounts and sites back up :cry:
It's back up and running, thanks Per

Can't seem to find a way to import a show that has been exported from the X32 - the Load Show functions seems to support only Scene Manager format show files, not the format used by the console. Am I missing something?

Also in Scene Management I only see my local C drive folders - all my scenes and shows are on a network drive. The column widths in the left hand pane of scene manager are not adjustable and th eonly way to be able to read the folder and file names is to make the left hand pane about 1/2 the screen width.

Hi dave
In a PM i got from Kevin, if you export the console show file to a usb, then copy that to a directory on your C drive you can import from there

I haven't played yet, tomorrows job but it looks cool

I think there is a limitation to using C drive currently

Hope that helps

Cheers
Michael

Can't seem to find a way to import a show that has been exported from the X32 - the Load Show functions seems to support only Scene Manager format show files, not the format used by the console. Am I missing something?

Also in Scene Management I only see my local C drive folders - all my scenes and shows are on a network drive. The column widths in the left hand pane of scene manager are not adjustable and th eonly way to be able to read the folder and file names is to make the left hand pane about 1/2 the screen width.

Hi Dave,

You are correct the software does not read show files from the console (*.shw files) it only reads show files created by the Scene Manager software (*.x32 files) as they are in different formats. I will add the import console show files on the list of things to do .

The software currently only looks at the C: drive (I mentioned this in the release post on X32Users and is already on the list of things to do)

If you want to make the left pane bigger you can grab the line between the left pane and the right pane and expand it , I enabled the autofit functionality of the pane but it sounds like its not working very well . I can also add headers like the right hand pane and that will allow you to grab and expand / shrink them.

Im sure there are going to lots more usability requests to come but I thought that it was best to release it in its current state so that I could start getting some feedback about it :)

So , for those of you that have tried it so far , what do you think ?? Is it fast enough ? Does it give you the functionality you are looking for ? Whats missing ? What do you like ? What do you hate ??

Thanks
Kev

Ive fixed the best fit functionality of the file explorer and Ive added the column headers as well so that you can change the widths manually if you want :)

change1.JPG

Kev

And the next one , Ive added the ability to insert show files generated by xcontrol or the x32. (It inserts them rather than loads them, so if you want to load one then add another to the end of it you can).

change3.JPG

And the next one , Ive added the ability to insert show files generated by xcontrol or the x32. (It inserts them rather than loads them, so if you want to load one then add another to the end of it you can).

View attachment 6397

That will be brilliant allowing to edit & update your show on the fly eg:- during rehearsal

Can't wait for this version

Thank you for all your hard work
Michael

That will be brilliant allowing to edit & update your show on the fly eg:- during rehearsal

Can't wait for this version

Thank you for all your hard work
Michael

You can insert scenes on the fly in the current verision already :D~:-D~:grin:

Just drag and drop a scene into your show and thats it .

Im going to knock up a quick youtube video later today hopefully and show some of the features ;)

Kev

You can insert scenes on the fly in the current verision already :D~:-D~:grin:

Just drag and drop a scene into your show and thats it .

Im going to knock up a quick youtube video later today hopefully and show some of the features ;)

Kev

I must be missing something in that case Kevin

The only way I can see that working now is to Export from the console to the USB, take the USB to the computer, then drop that onto the computer and bring it in that way

If you are doing a rehearsal and want to save your settings for that scence once you are happy with the setting, although it works is a little cumbersome and you can't really stop the rehearsal to do the export :)

If I have missed something, please let me know

Thanks in advance
Michael

I must be missing something in that case Kevin

The only way I can see that working now is to Export from the console to the USB, take the USB to the computer, then drop that onto the computer and bring it in that way

If you are doing a rehearsal and want to save your settings for that scene once you are happy with the setting, although it works is a little cumbersome and you can't really stop the rehearsal to do the export :)

If I have missed something, please let me know

Thanks in advance
Michael

I think it's a different interpretation of insert. You can insert ( ie drag and drop) an already recorded scene stored on the PC into the X32 Scene manager. But what I think Michael wants ( and I definitely want) to do is RECORD the current state of the console into a scene and insert that new scene into the scene manager. Which cannot be done in Xcontrol either, as it, also, can only insert scenes already stored on the PC (or directly created in Xcontorl), not from the console.

I think it's a different interpretation of insert. You can insert ( ie drag and drop) an already recorded scene stored on the PC into the X32 Scene manager. But what I think Michael wants ( and I definitely want) to do is RECORD the current state of the console into a scene and insert that new scene into the scene manager. Which cannot be done in Xcontrol either, as it, also, can only insert scenes already stored on the PC (or directly created in Xcontorl), not from the console.

One way of doing that is to set the XControl to follow the console (ie. presentation mode, but not strictly needed to do what I propose) then whenever you need to, just do a save settings to file from the XControl before dragging and dropping the file to Scene Manager.
I'm sure Kevin will implement the "Insert console state" quite soon, so my proposed method shouldn't have to be used for very long.

One way of doing that is to set the XControl to follow the console (ie. presentation mode, but not strictly needed to do what I propose) then whenever you need to, just do a save settings to file from the XControl before dragging and dropping the file to Scene Manager.
I'm sure Kevin will implement the "Insert console state" quite soon, so my proposed method shouldn't have to be used for very long.

Can you have Xcontrol and Scene Manager running at the same time? I'm needing to do this in real time, whilst also mixing live.

Can you have Xcontrol and Scene Manager running at the same time? I'm needing to do this in real time, whilst also mixing live.

I would imagine so, I have a problem running Scene Manager on my laptop, so I have been unable to test it against the X32, but I believe Kevin has been running them concurrently

That is exactly what I want to be able to do Dave if Kevin is able to incorporate that functionality into the program it would be fantastic

Hi Guys,

Yes, looks like I got my wires crossed , my apologies 8O~8-O~:shock:

So the question is can the software download the live condition of the desk into the scene manager software . Not at the moment but it is technicaly possible and is on my development plan :)~:)~:smile:

Per's suggestion about using Xcontrol is exactly what I would suggest as a short term solution, you wouldnt have to be in presentation mode you just have to be connected as you make the changes on the real desk and Xcontrol will mirror your changes then just save it as a scene and then my app will be able to use it. Xcontrol works quite happily along side my app :)

This is obviously a work around until I make my app do it directly .

So explain the size of this job lets talk about whats involved. I have already found out that there are multiple formats of OSC commands and this makes life more difficult then it needs to be .

Lets look at uploading one sample line from the scene file to the x32:

/ch/01/mix OFF -oo ON +0 ON +0.0

I basically read the above line , transalte each of the variables into a number eg OFF becomes 0 etc then create a single OSC message and send it to the X32. Sounds easy but it took approx 10000 lines of code in my first draft , I reduced that to about 6000 in the released version

To do it the other way around I would want to send one OSC command and download the single line but wait !!! Thats not how its been implemented :( . Yip Ive got to send an individual OSC command for each parameter , so in this example I would have to send 6 single OSC commands rather than one then combine the results after translation into a single line of the scene file .

So , can I do it ? Yes . Will I do it ? Yes . When will I do it ? Its going to take a while so please bear with me .

Kev8)~:cool:~:cool: