Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Re: Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Maybe save the sample rate / synchronization / HA remote setting in the scene. I use a X32 Rack standalone or sometimes as a stagebox for the X32, and it took me a couple of time last week when i want to use it as a stagebox (loading the saved scene on the X32 Rack with the correct mapping) and don't get the AES50 link working... (wrong sync settings, a replaced the CAT5 cable already in the church)

6) I really, really want a way to change the EQ “mode” on a given EQ band, live, without passing through hi & low cut. How about if the high or low cut frequency is automatically pushed to the extremes when the mode is changed? That way you can step through the modes without losing all the bottom or top end on the way.

Yes, this is something I had problems with several times. Your suggestion is a good workaround, or the chosen mode should be activated half a second after the last press... So you can skip the unwanted.

7) How about a way to link aux mixes together? For instance, I would find it useful to start off with all monitor mixes linked and then split them off as more individual fine tuning is needed.

But this would be mostly for equalization. Not a bad idea, if you have all same monitors. An easier copy paste could also be a solution. Sometimes I use the library for that, but it takes to much pressing.

Dear All,
As we have just rolled out generation 2.0 firmware for the X32, we are now starting to collect feature requests for 3.0. As mentioned some time ago we are considering adding auto-pitch correction as well as auto-mixing, a technology we are very familiar with. Auto-mixing has already been implemented in some of our commercial audio products, such as our EUROCOM MA6000M.

possibility of direct recording

via usb in

But this would be mostly for equalization. Not a bad idea, if you have all same monitors. An easier copy paste could also be a solution. Sometimes I use the library for that, but it takes to much pressing.

No, I wasn't necessarily thinking about linking the EQs but the mixes themselves. Imagine a typical rock band scenario: You have 4 mixes total, 3 across the downstage and one drum mix. When you go to sound check the band (perhaps never working with them before) you might want to start off with vocals in the all wedges. If mixes 2-4 can be "slaved" to mix 1 then you only have to dial in one mix, at least initially. If the band is good they might only need "one mix" across all the wedges. But if you need to fine tune a mix for one person then you can "unslave" that particular mix and then tweak it separately.

I can image 2 levels to this feature:

A) Any mix can be "slaved" to another mix. In this state the slaved mix has the exact same mix as it's "master" mix. When you engage a slave there is a warning of some sort telling you that the mix will suddenly change to whatever the master mix is. When you disengage a slave it simply keeps the same mix but separates the link, allowing you to adjust it independently. I see this as a real time saver.

B) This is much more complicated but could be quite powerful. The slaving feature includes the ability to slave and unslave individual channels. For instance, I could slave a backing track level in all the monitor mixes so that a change in the "master" aux mix changes in all the monitor mixes. Or maybe all the vocals get slaved but a click track is separate so the drummer can have all the click he wants without killing the sensitive lead singer who only wants a hint of click. This gets into the area that is sometimes addressed with mixing pre & post fade sends or mixing on gains but I think addresses the needs in a different way. Since this feature could get hairy quickly, it should be buried beneath an "advanced" button/menu that beginners are encouraged to avoid. ;)

This gets into the area that is sometimes addressed with mixing pre & post fade sends or mixing on gains but I think addresses the needs in a different way. Since this feature could get hairy quickly, it should be buried beneath an "advanced" button/menu that beginners are encouraged to avoid. ;)

"Beyond here be dragons!"

Drew, if I correctly understand what you mean, let me point out that this can be done by a relatively intelligent OSC client which could monitor channels that you consider to be masters and slave the specific slices of the channel strip on other channels that you tell it to until you tell it not to.

This is the same idea that I came up with for doing unmute start and/or fader start for external playback automation from an X 32

Drew, if I correctly understand what you mean, let me point out that this can be done by a relatively intelligent OSC client...

That's an interesting solution. Although I don't know that I would "use" this kind of feature if it relied on an external computer and the additional interface it requires. I would want it all in the box, so to speak.

Did I miss something? I know I can do it on the app, but on the console?
Unless I missunderstood you, you can copy/paste parts of or the complete mixbus channel configuration including the eq.

E.g. If you select mixbus1 and press eq-view to show its eq you can then press the utility button to access the copy/paste functionality.

Since you were in the eq view the recall scope it set to just the eq, but you can select different options if you want to. Press copy and then select mixbus2 and then paste. Now you have coiped the eq from mixbus1-->mixbus2.

if you want that eq setting to more mixbuses jutst select them and press paste until you're done...

So I just watched a video on the new Roland M-5000, and one of the features it has stuck out to me. When you double press the select button on a DCA it spills just those channels it is assigned to onto the input section....kinda like POP groups on the Midas Pro series. This would be cool to have on the X32/M32.

So I just watched a video on the new Roland M-5000, and one of the features it has stuck out to me. When you double press the select button on a DCA it spills just those channels it is assigned to onto the input section....kinda like POP groups on the Midas Pro series. This would be cool to have on the X32/M32.

The Avid live consoles also do that with the VCA/DCA and the Groups. And the feature is called spill. I use it all the time. It populates the faders from the right to the left that are assigned to that VCA/DCA or that Group.

It would be nice if they made the M/X32 have spill capabilities also.

So you gents are saying, roughly, that double pressing a DCA button on the right creates a 'virtual layer' on the Left populated by all the input channels that DCA controls?

Yeah, that seems useful and trivial to implement.

Hi. Using my X32 from a couple of month.

- possibility to extands te input layer over the DCA section like the compact version to have 24 inputs on the big version.
- having a patch page. actually we must go into every channel config tab to patch the input. A Real patch page like on the midas pro series will be awesome.
- A real lock console mode with a simple passvord, (an idea: the selects buttons in the DCA section can be numeric for the passcode and the numbers can be shown on the scribble script.)
- The abelity to lock the console also when it is rebooted.
(- the ability in the ipad app to manage access level only for some aux sends...)

Sorry for my Englsih i'm a Swiss-French user

Running our school show last night, I often wanted to check whether a mic was muted or not in the NEXT scene/cue.

How about a 'Scene Preview' button (probably a User Assign key) that when held-down displays the selected next scene/cue on the fader banks?

Maybe this is possible with some wizardry.

Ability to use the X32 Core or Rack as the primary engine and remotely use the X32 as just a surface/interface - similar to the iPad. Encountering situations where there is an ideal FOH position but running cable is difficult in the venue - resort to iPad mixing.

iPad Software - setting that optionally allows - when in a detail screen and you tap the fader bank at top, it returns you to the fader screen instead of the detail screen for first channel on that bank. I am constantly pulling up a channel... tweak... quick back to DCAs... dealing with that label screen. Gah!

I would like to see MP3 playback for the USB drive.

The SM Pro uMix digital mixer (which has the same form factor as the X-Air mixers) features USB playback with playlists:

"The onboard player will play .mp3 .wav .aac files. The audio files can be at whatever sample rate you wish. The operating system does not affect the sample rate of the media player playback. The recording file format is .wav The playlists must be created within our uMiX software. The playlists can be exported, but it will not read playlists created using other software."

Another interesting feature is that it has a built-in web server that hosts the control software. No apps. All HTML5 via web browser. Control will look the same on all devices. Unique approach.