Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Re: Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

hi

ability to insert an eq plugin in the monitor to make acoustic corrections

Feedback detector/destroyer.

Sure, the parametric EQ with the RTA for visuals helps, but there are only 4 bands to play with and once they're used, you can't EQ the channel.
The 31 band graphic bands are too wide to be musically useful.
20 x 1/80th octave with a quick seek/destroy time would be a massive timesaver.
Put in as an FX device for slots 5-8, this would make for a useful tool (not all tools have to be used, but having it and not needing it is better than needing it and not having it).

Karl.

Feedback detector/destroyer.

Sure, the parametric EQ with the RTA for visuals helps, but there are only 4 bands to play with and once they're used, you can't EQ the channel.
The 31 band graphic bands are too wide to be musically useful.
20 x 1/80th octave with a quick seek/destroy time would be a massive timesaver.
Put in as an FX device for slots 5-8, this would make for a useful tool (not all tools have to be used, but having it and not needing it is better than needing it and not having it).

Karl.
On the outputs (where I usually tame my feedback) you have six bands to adjust. You also have access to six matrixes with an additional six bands of eq. Only the input channels have four bands of eq.

On the outputs (where I usually tame my feedback) you have six bands to adjust. You also have access to six matrixes with an additional six bands of eq. Only the input channels have four bands of eq.

And if you are having to pulling down 6 narrow band notches in your monitor mixes chances are that you need to lower the level of the monitor or the stage, change the monitor and/or mic, or find a better room to play in.

And if you are having to pulling down 6 narrow band notches in your monitor mixes chances are that you need to lower the level of the monitor or the stage, change the monitor and/or mic, or find a better room to play in.

This. The actual cause of the feedback should be addressed.

When DCA mutes are selected the muted channels mute buttons flash to indicate they are muted via a DCA rather than mute group or channel mute. Standard on Analogue soundcraft VCA boards.

When DCA mutes are selected the muted channels mute buttons flash to indicate they are muted via a DCA rather than mute group or channel mute. Standard on Analogue soundcraft VCA boards.

Update on this!!!! just found in firmware 2.10 there is an option in the setup 'I think on the config tab' that allows the DCA mutes to act as Mute Groups, Pre fade auxes are then mutes & they mute buttons Flash. Just the way it should be!

Thanks

a very cool feature would be to daisy chain effects. so applying and GEQ and an Compressor on the main L&R would be much easier! make it possible to choose the output from an fx as an input to an fx for inserting!

What problems are you having in 2.10?

I'm not the OP on this, but I read earlier in this thread that 2.10 has a known issue with the Go button not working or not lighting up - which as I'm running a big show next week is vital for me. Fortunately I read that post on this thread about 3 hours before I was going to the venue to update the desk.

Anyone know further info on this?

No big deal to me, just mark the button with a bit of white tape. There's always going to be a cue ready to load unless you've got to the last one,after which you're done anyway

That's fine (for me)if it just doesn't light up - but if it doesn't work at all then it's a bigger problem?

However for the show, my dad runs sound, and he doesn't know half what I know - he presses the buttons he's learnt and if something goes wrong, I have to fix it... (Don't ask the obvious question!)

We could really use a login password for connecting ipad, x32-edit, and Android devices to the x32. We are located in a high school/Community Center and the only wifi allowed is the one the school supplies, leaving us totally open to student hackers (would totally ruin a performance) since the apps are free to anyone all they have to do is download them onto their smart device and hit connect...
Our venue has great coverage from the wifi access point but so does the whole school making it possible for me to control the x32 from anywhere in the school, and if I can do it it is only a matter of time before a student figures it out.

I have already gone to the school technology department and they say that another router located in a school building would jeopardize the state funded and government controlled network/Internet rules.

Last edited: