Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Re: Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

I never said it shouldn't be included. I said I don't like working with performers that depend on it to make them appear to be competent and that most of the acts I work with reject using it as anything other than SFX.

For the market the X32 was aimed at I'm sure that many owners would find it useful (or even a marketing tool) for clients that need it (or think they do). "Yes, I can make you sing like Taylor Swift!" "Don't worry that you're consistently flat/sharp, we'll fix that with a plug in."

Bah, Humbug.

Tim "formally trained musician & music education major" Mc

Tim,
I hope you didn't feel I was specifically pointing at you with my comment. There was someone else who explictly requested autotune not be included. While you and I debated autotune inclusion, I felt your position was very balanced and thought out, although our end conclusions may have been very different.

Best,
Daniel

I have found another two gripes with the X32 at the moment -

Aux In Remaps - it would be nice to be able to remap to a higher AES50 value (i.e. 33-40 or 41-48) rather than only having options starting with AES50-1 - allowing for AES50 1-32 to be used for the usual 1-32 channels without having to remap.
(I know I can remap the existing channels higher to allow 1-8 to be free but I'm in the middle of a show run now and would rather not be forced to remap channels that are working (although I will...)

Dual Mono GEQs - is there a way to copy between channels? As the effects unit is handled as a 'total' copy/paste you can copy between one set of Dual QECs and paste on another - but not on channel 1 and paste to Channel 2 (for example as a starting point having EQ'd one monitor.) Have to copy manually by comparing fader levels and then copy to further units. If you save as a Preset and re-load behaviour is the same.

Thanks, Tom

Which app would that be? Xcontrol and mixingstation do not have that Feature. And I am not willing to buy an IPad just for that.

MixingStation for Android has in the "IDCA" channel option in layer setups. This give's you basically an infinite number of DCA/MCA in any layer you want.

Well, I've officially placed my order for an X32 Compact, and I am anxiously waiting to try it out.
This has caused me to obsess over learning what I can from the iOS apps...but also led me to another feature request, if it hasn't already been...

More colors for the scribble strips, if possible please! With even a basic instruments setup (drums,bass,gtrs,keys,vox,synth,ipod,samples) I'm already left with only one color to designate anything else -- and there's a lot of "anything else"'s!

To be fair, I did read another request from a user who was informed of an "invert" mode. I see this in X-Edit, but it's hardly an inversion of colors.
More like...boost and cut contrast.

Also, though this is probably a bigger pain in the ass than it's worth, being able to load a custom icon set into the mixer would be fun.

Thanks!
-Daniel

Last edited:

To be fair, I did read another request from a user who was informed of an "invert" mode. I see this in X-Edit, but it's hardly an inversion of colors.
More like...boost and cut contrast.
-Daniel
Invert mode is effective in offering a different enough look to the scribble strip to make you differentiate between strips... Or you could do it old school and read what you've labelled it...

Speaking of labels, you mentioned wanting a custom set of icons. I used them a total of....once, then opted to remove them from the scribble strip in lieu of bigger font... Maybe you'll find you'll do the same.
Congrats on your purchase.

Invert mode is effective in offering a different enough look to the scribble strip to make you differentiate between strips... Or you could do it old school and read what you've labelled it...

Speaking of labels, you mentioned wanting a custom set of icons. I used them a total of....once, then opted to remove them from the scribble strip in lieu of bigger font... Maybe you'll find you'll do the same.
Congrats on your purchase.

Hi Shane!
I'll readily admit that my whole scribble strip thing is nit-picky. Mostly it's an OCD thing where I want to be able to use the exact same colors for the exact same instruments, FX, groups, etc... as I do in my DAW. Ironically, I was doing the old school "text only" way forever. I've only started using colors in the DAW this year. And since I now have a nice color coded system in the DAW, I'm getting anal about wanting them to be consistent. And I simply don't have enough colors to do that on the x32 console. So, totally agree, not a big deal -- but assuming the LCD's are capable of more than just the primary colors they do now, I wouldn't mind additional options.

As for the icons... I don't know how much I'll use them or not...but I've always been a fan of "blinging" things out.
Opening up MS paint and going to town on a custom .bmp sounds like circa 1998 fun. :)
Great to know that without the icons a larger font is available though!!

Thanks!
-Daniel

The real problem with the Scribble LCDs, Daniel, is very likely to be that, because of the sort of LCD technology they used, the colors shift. As you move your head up and down they don't stay pure, so if you had more colors, you wouldn't necessarily be able to tell the difference anyway.

You'll have to forgive my feature request frenzy -- I'm just really excited about my soon to be delivered x32 Compact, so anything cool I can think of I'm posting!

I just remembered this one -- one of the Allen and Heath digital consoles lets you flip the graphic EQ to faders, so that each fader can control a dedicated frequency. Pretty nifty when the automated faders all fly in to place and let you work on your eq graph.

Best,
-Daniel

The real problem with the Scribble LCDs, Daniel, is very likely to be that, because of the sort of LCD technology they used, the colors shift. As you move your head up and down they don't stay pure, so if you had more colors, you wouldn't necessarily be able to tell the difference anyway.

Hi Jay,
Thanks for the heads up! I can see how that could be tricky. Do you find that the saturation of the scribble strip changes with view angle, or the hue?
Because if the former, that makes me even more desirous of a larger selection of colors to potentially differentiate each other. If the latter, that indeed could be problematic.
Thanks!
-Daniel

You'll have to forgive my feature request frenzy
I just remembered this one -- one of the Allen and Heath digital consoles lets you flip the graphic EQ to faders, so that each fader can control a dedicated frequency. Pretty nifty when the automated faders all fly in to place and let you work on your eq graph.
-Daniel

The x32 does that in banks of 8....

Last edited:

On the Scenes tab under scene safes, it would be nice to have EQUALIZER

We are trying to run a musical using scenes and need to be able to adjust the equalizer on mics on the fly and not have them changed by the next scene.

If there is already a way of doing it please let me know.

Daniel: for me, it's the horizontal angle across the Scribble strip that seems to change the perceived color. That is not uncommon for STN displays, which is what those probably are. As for GEQ on fader, it is the left hand encoder (so labeled) on any of the FX screens which are an equalizer.

The x32 does that in banks of 8....

Oh, wow! That's great news! I hadn't seen anyone actually do it on youtube, and I had not read anything in the manual about it exactly.
Banks of 8 is good enough for me. The A&H console I described also worked in banks (of 16, I think) too.
Is there a particular way to enable the GEQ fader layer? I am just using the ipad app in demo mode until my console arrives Wednesday.
Thanks Shane!
-Daniel

On the Scenes tab under scene safes, it would be nice to have EQUALIZER

We are trying to run a musical using scenes and need to be able to adjust the equalizer on mics on the fly and not have them changed by the next scene.

If there is already a way of doing it please let me know.

Channel EQ? On X32 Edit, it's Cue View, Param Safe tab, the click the boxes of the things you don't want to change when changing scenes.

This might have to be done before you save any scenes - you'll have to test that and see.

Just got an x32 at work and decided to sign up here to throw in my two cents on this thread. Though I am lovin this little console, some good features to add IMO:

1. Separate "sends to mix" in recall safes. We do many shows where there will be one band the whole show and varying "guest" artists that play in front of the band. On our Avid desk and on Yamaha desks I'm able to have the band fully safed except their sends to the guest musicians monitors while at the same time having the guest artist's channels completely not safe. I can replicate this in Ver. 2 software by recording both scenes and snippets for every act and then putting them in respective cues but doing this can be kinda hectic while trying to bash out a quick rehearsal. Seems like it could be simpler if there were just separate "sends to mix 1, 2, 3, etc." under channel safes or if there were channel independent parameter safes.

2. One thing I've felt I like about Avid desks is they make their "Flip to Fader" mode really obvious as the strip labels change color while active. It makes me feel much safer using "fader flip"/"sends on fader" during a show than it does on say a Yamaha desk which simply flashes a small LED. I was thinking that since the x32 has user assignable colors for the labels that something similar could be accomplished by having an option to invert the LCDs when "sends on fader" is active? Just thought it could give engineers a nice tool to make sure we have our layers in check.

2. One thing I've felt I like about Avid desks is they make their "Flip to Fader" mode really obvious as the strip labels change color while active. It makes me feel much safer using "fader flip"/"sends on fader" during a show than it does on say a Yamaha desk which simply flashes a small LED. I was thinking that since the x32 has user assignable colors for the labels that something similar could be accomplished by having an option to invert the LCDs when "sends on fader" is active? Just thought it could give engineers a nice tool to make sure we have our layers in check.
What firmware are you running. On the latest firmware SoF is flashing.

Dan: since your bus labels are probably different colors, that's likely what you'll get anyway, no?