Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Re: Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Dear All,
As we have just rolled out generation 2.0 firmware for the X32, we are now starting to collect feature requests for 3.0. As mentioned some time ago we are considering adding auto-pitch correction as well as auto-mixing, a technology we are very familiar with. Auto-mixing has already been implemented in some of our commercial audio products, such as our EUROCOM MA6000M.

Are you still taking enhancement requests for the v3 x32 firmware? I see this was posted a year ago.

Tane, if you mean Behringer, please consider that this is not an official Behringer forum, but a bunch of users that are offering suggestions with the hopes that Behringer will visit here and consider our requests.

With that in mind, and considering v3.0 isn't out yet, I'd say post your requests!

Though, Mitch, for the record, John di Nicola is - or at least was :) - the product line manager for the x32. So the thread, if not the forum, was at least semi-official.

Thanks for the reply. I've been using the Yamaha LS9 and fell in love with the user assignable buttons. I recently started using the x32 and see some limitations with the similar functions in the x32 firmware. If anyone knows of how to accomplish these functions and I'm just not seeing it, feel free to reply.

-----

USER ASSIGNABLE CONTROLS
-----

1. Ability to play a specific sound file from the USB RECORDER/player.

On the console (or software) open;

SETUP, ASSIGNABLE CONTROLS CONFIGURATION,

CONTROL (select a button), TARGET TYPE (USB recorder), VALUE (play file), the next value column show a directory listing from the USB drive and the user then selects a sound file.

The sound file will then play when the button is pressed. And stop playing at the end of the file.

This feature is great for playing sound effects, pre show, intermission, and post show announcements, etc.
-----

With regard to playing sound files/songs from the USB drive, it would be nice to be able to control the play sequence...play only the selected file/song, play the files/songs from the selected file/song to the bottom of the folder and stop, repeat playing all files/songs in the folder. This is very useful for playing pre show, intermission, post show music. I create a sub folder for this type of music. I start playing the music and am free to do other things.
-----

2. Also in the ASSIGNABLE CONTROLS CONFIGURATION add a scene "recall next" or previous scene function...and add the ability to turn off the confirmation pop-up.

CONTROL (select a button), TARGET (scenes), VALUE (recall next) or (recall previous).

The user loads the starting scene. Then, on a scene change cue, the user presses the button assigned to SCENE, RECALL NEXT and that the next scene in the list is loaded. Turning off the confirmation pop-up message streamlines the process.

Also, if a scene is empty the operation skips it and moves to the next (or previous) saved scene. This is helpful as with complex shows, musical theater, there can be 150 sound changes (scenes). If after having programmed a show, a scene needs to be inserted (or deleted), the cue numbers below that point will change. So when I've used the LS9 in musical theater I leave blank scenes periodically so if I insert/delete a sound scene I only have to change a few scene numbers in my script.
-----

3. When recording to the USB drive, when the user presses STOP, a pop-up screen with the ability to name the file.
-----

4. I believe it's already been mentioned, but the ability to send the display to an external video monitor (computer monitor via VGA or HDMI). Create a card with video output...or re-engineer the USB Card to add video output.

I'm getting older and my eyesight isn't what is used to be. Reading the screen is challenging. This would also fall under modern ADA guidelines (Americans with Disabilities Act).
-----
Thanks. And I appreciate constructive feedback.

Sent from my iPad

Well, Mitch, when a guy who is publicly known to be the product line manager for a commercial product solicits suggestions about that product in a public forum over his signature, I tend to assume he actually officially wants to know. I can't see how it can get much more official than that just by being on a Behringer run forum.

An X32-FOH would be good.
As in, a full size X32 with no XLR inputs or pre-amps on board.
I mean, I have my XLR inputs on my S16s on the stage. Why add weight with them in the console as well?
I can't recall the last time I plugged something into an XLR on the console itself.
Who knows, maybe the extra space inside could be used for more processing to cater for v3.0 and up, or more cards, etc.
Ditto with the M32. Why have onboard inputs if you're going to be using remote stageboxes?

While I'm at it, how about a sidecar with another 16 motorised faders, so that all 32 channels could be used at once...?
Maybe something like the Hammond XK3 lower manual, although that would put the knobs and screen a bit further away.

:D~:-D~:grin:

Karl.

Ancient thread I know, but still relevant. There was one instance where I had an issue and could not get the s16 stage box to sync up. I was able to get my hands on an analog snake from a friend and continue setting up. Those on board preamps sure came in handy!

I did this by grabbing an "all-in-one" pc and connecting it via network in presentation mode. not as simple as plugging in a monitor but still worked well.

Thanks for the reply. I've been using the Yamaha LS9 and fell in love with the user assignable buttons. I recently started using the x32 and see some limitations with the similar functions in the x32 firmware. If anyone knows of how to accomplish these functions and I'm just not seeing it, feel free to reply.

-----

USER ASSIGNABLE CONTROLS
-----

1. Ability to play a specific sound file from the USB RECORDER/player.

On the console (or software) open;

SETUP, ASSIGNABLE CONTROLS CONFIGURATION,

CONTROL (select a button), TARGET TYPE (USB recorder), VALUE (play file), the next value column show a directory listing from the USB drive and the user then selects a sound file.

The sound file will then play when the button is pressed. And stop playing at the end of the file.

This feature is great for playing sound effects, pre show, intermission, and post show announcements, etc.
-----

With regard to playing sound files/songs from the USB drive, it would be nice to be able to control the play sequence...play only the selected file/song, play the files/songs from the selected file/song to the bottom of the folder and stop, repeat playing all files/songs in the folder. This is very useful for playing pre show, intermission, post show music. I create a sub folder for this type of music. I start playing the music and am free to do other things.
-----

2. Also in the ASSIGNABLE CONTROLS CONFIGURATION add a scene "recall next" or previous scene function...and add the ability to turn off the confirmation pop-up.

CONTROL (select a button), TARGET (scenes), VALUE (recall next) or (recall previous).

The user loads the starting scene. Then, on a scene change cue, the user presses the button assigned to SCENE, RECALL NEXT and that the next scene in the list is loaded. Turning off the confirmation pop-up message streamlines the process.

Also, if a scene is empty the operation skips it and moves to the next (or previous) saved scene. This is helpful as with complex shows, musical theater, there can be 150 sound changes (scenes). If after having programmed a show, a scene needs to be inserted (or deleted), the cue numbers below that point will change. So when I've used the LS9 in musical theater I leave blank scenes periodically so if I insert/delete a sound scene I only have to change a few scene numbers in my script.
-----

3. When recording to the USB drive, when the user presses STOP, a pop-up screen with the ability to name the file.
-----

4. I believe it's already been mentioned, but the ability to send the display to an external video monitor (computer monitor via VGA or HDMI). Create a card with video output...or re-engineer the USB Card to add video output.

I'm getting older and my eyesight isn't what is used to be. Reading the screen is challenging. This would also fall under modern ADA guidelines (Americans with Disabilities Act).
-----
Thanks. And I appreciate constructive feedback.

Sent from my iPad

I apologize, I'm using the X32 Producer and the Scenes buttons are not on the console. So my enhancement request is to make the functions associated with the Scenes buttons available in the assignable controls setup.

Sent from my iPad

Direct to USB multitrack recording?

Will we ever get this? I assume the console DSP has to run the software and wondered if that was a limitation of the hardware?

Are there any consoles that provide more than 2 track recording to the built in USB drive? I haven't come across any. All of the consoles I've used require an attached computer for multi-track recording. I wonder how much recording time would be available if dumping 32 (or 40) tracks to a USB drive. And, might that interfere with the smooth operation of the console

Sent from my iPad

Auto pitch correct as part of the channel strip
A decent vocal doubler effect would be great
Ability to put more than one insert effect on the master bus

- Presets from board available in x32-edit.

- Ability to import / export library between board and x32-edit

- Tape saturation delay

- Feedback notice/destroyer - Some way of popping up a notice as to what channel is feeding back

- I use the monitor section tone generator bussed to channel and then gated for a nice big kick sound - perhaps the ability to have more than one generator tone one for kick and snare (white noise) or drumagog type blendable sample or tone generation

- Record multitrack to USB stick or drive

- PSP Vintagewarmer type effect - great on snares and electric guitars

- Auto room tuning function perhaps using a Behringer measurement mic :)

- Auto monitor/foh ring out

- Fine control button for x32-edit mouse fader moves including mouse wheel changes - i sometimes mix for a band that has the X32 on stage and i mix from my laptop

- Main volume adjustment lock on board and in x32-edit

- 6 band eq on all channels

- RTA overlay on channel eq page of x32-edit

- A/B buttons on eq, gates, compressors

- More fx presets

- Better insert effect procedure perhaps in the channel strip

- More than 1 insert effect per channel

- Ability to change Solo button functionality as a per channel cue recall button to recall channel changes for instrument or vocal soloing - for example backup singer takes lead on a song.... hit solo button and pan is set for centre, volume rises, and reverb is turned down with a slight change in eq presence and less compression while lead vocalists mic is setup as bg vox.. for example :)

- Of course the old 96kHz recording function for studio use

- Use all faders for DAW control with the ability to setup assignable controls for DAW control

Thats all i can think of for now.

Thank you Behringer for a very awesome, great sounding, and affordable platform. You have thankfully changed the game when it comes to live sound for the masses.

Two new things; apologies if these are repeats:

I'd like to be able to select a channel input to go to the talkback section.

And the ability to cut GEQs in and out /from the fader page/, without having to switch over. (I can do this from Mixing Station, or at least, with only one tap, not 8.)

Another: the contrast between the TOD clock and its background is insufficient for easy reading at all angles; make the numbers black.

Also, include an SNTP client, with manual or DHCP server address setting.

How about instead of having to put a dual mono effect across 2 busses be able to put 2 different mono fx for up to 16 different insert fx (well 12 anyways, i use 4 for send fx). Thanks X32 team!

Are there any consoles that provide more than 2 track recording to the built in USB drive? I haven't come across any."

I believe the Allen & Heath Qu desks offer multitrack recording to a hard drive via the USB port. No computer required.
i think the write speed of USB flash drives might be a problem compared to USB HDD.