Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Re: Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

And, the other talkback feature addition I'd like to see that I keep forgetting about: when I aim a talkback button at a bus, it would be nice if when I press that button the other sources feeding that bus were temporarily dipped so that I could talk over them more easily. Y'know: selectively. If you're talking into the mains you probably don't want that, if you're talking into a bus that feeds a backstage or on stage monitor amp, different story.

What I really miss is having the ability to dump a scene thru sysex to my DAW. This was very common in digital mixers 10 years ago - also in the Behringer DDX I believe. It would give a very good integration into a DAW environment. Alternative would be a VST/AU plugin that controls the X32 and also allows you to store the mix within a song.

Patrick.

This has probably been mentioned but I thought I would throw it out there, I would love for the matrix sends to be able to double as Mix Busses and be controlled by the user assignable buttons, what I run into more than anything is not having enough internal routing for individual channels.
For instance, I group my drums for the P16's, I use a mix bus and delay it 10ms for a vocal double effect and route it back to the mains, all stuff that doesn't take anymore physical outputs but it eats up my mix busses.

Ben

I have several suggestions for v3

1. more flexible routing possibilities (each channel for its own)
2. delay compensation for effects; enabling/disabling them
3. Possibility for recording Main LR in the DAW
4. "user assignable layer" where you can assign each fader for every signal you want; stereo-, mono - channels, matrixes, sub groups each on one fader; I have seen this at a yamaha DM 1000, its is very useful;

4. "user assignable layer" where you can assign each fader for every signal you want; stereo-, mono - channels, matrixes, sub groups each on one fader; I have seen this at a yamaha DM 1000, its is very useful;

That layer could be called the "Jonas Bonus"

3. Possibility for recording Main LR in the DAW

Well you can - provided you want to give up a block of 8 card channels - send the main L and Main R to a couple of P16s sat p16 out 1 &2 and then assign the P16 1-8 to a block of 8 card outs!

It would be great if there is a way to have an output trim setting. For instance, I have some products which have a maximum input level of 18 dbu, whereas the mixer as well as S16 maximum output level is 23dbu. It would be great if we can have a trim setting per analogue output.

It would be great if there is a way to have an output trim setting. For instance, I have some products which have a maximum input level of 18 dbu, whereas the mixer as well as S16 maximum output level is 23dbu. It would be great if we can have a trim setting per analogue output.

That's what output faders are for.

Route your outputs to the Matrix outs if you aren’t already and use that as the trim. If you are using the Left and Right outs this gives you better resolution on your L/R. Or if you are routing your main L/R outputs thru an EQ in the effects I think they all have a trim or gain control and you can decrease (trim) the output there.

Route your outputs to the Matrix outs if you aren’t already and use that as the trim. If you are using the Left and Right outs this gives you better resolution on your L/R. Or if you are routing your main L/R outputs thru an EQ in the effects I think they all have a trim or gain control and you can decrease (trim) the output there.

But Kevin... that wouldn't give Behringer any more work to do! :(~:-(~:sad:

Har har. I agree that this is a real advantage of the LS9 over the X32, particularly for corporate gigs where you're using a lot of matrix outs for records, zones etc. I like the way Yamaha allows you to dial in level and delay for every output separately even if they're being fed from the same mix.

Thanks Tim. We have volunteers who got accustomed to an analogue desk and forgiving speakers. They are used to pushing the faders till the clip indicators light up. I am weaning them out of the practice, but in the meanwhile, a trim setting would help overall, especially in setting up systems.

Also, having FX post fader (eg. limiter ) would be great to avoid the clipping. I have not found a way to do this.

That's a great idea and I have thought of using it. However, we have maxed out the use of the matrix mixes.

Having a separate trim would help in configuring delay fills etc, without using up a matrix or mix buss.

Eg. I usually duplicate the main outputs across six XLR outputs, to feed different speakers. So, having a gain trim along with delay knob would be most useful during system setup.