Clair i/o

John Muzyka

Freshman
Aug 19, 2013
Chicago Area
I have several Clair i/O's. I've been told the best bet is to strip out the old Clair software and install real 'Lake' software/firmware for best results. Any comments? And how can this be accomplished?

Re: Clair i/o

Michael, any idea where I can get the firmware updater? I tried the Lab Gruppen website and downloaded the 5.8 software file but the folder was empty. Not sure what's going on there. Also saw no mention of firmware......

I'm looking at the v5.8 installed directory structure here and the Contour updater is called CCUpdate.exe. Also the 'firmware' subdirectory has a bunch of *.lk* files.

It that doesn't work, PM me. I have a number of V5.x installers including the last official Dolby one (v5.1).

If the firmware updater doesn't work, there may be another method.

Michael, any idea where I can get the firmware updater? I tried the Lab Gruppen website and downloaded the 5.8 software file but the folder was empty. Not sure what's going on there. Also saw no mention of firmware......

OK. So I have successfully downloaded the V5.8 from the Lab Gruppen website and will attempt to update the firmware. One question for whomever may know: there is a CCUpdater, an EQUpdater, and a LakeUpdater. And subfolders under the Lake updater are PLM, LM or 20000P. Any idea which ones I use? Keeping in mind of course that I have a Clair i/O and not a 'real' Lake processor. Let me know guys! Thanks...

I tried using the LakeUpdater but the software is not seeing the device. Tried it with the old Clair Updater and the unit pops right up. Any ideas........?

I tried using the LakeUpdater but the software is not seeing the device. Tried it with the old Clair Updater and the unit pops right up. Any ideas........?

Michael's advice was to use CCUpdater (Clair Contour?).

These were built by Lake for Clair. If nobody at Lake can help I suggest you contact the Clair office in Nashville or Lititz. If you PM Evan Kirkendall he can probably give you a couple of names to ask for....

Hi John,

CCUpdate.exe only works with Contours, and not IO's. I spoke with Clair and have a contact for you. Check your private messages. They are the only people who can do the change.

(There was a lower level method we could do years ago with the serial input but no-one can remember how.)

Best,
Michael

Last edited:

Hi Michael,

I have recently bought two Clair iO's and have been pulling my hair out trying to get access to them, now finally know my issue.

Are you possibly at liberty to let me in on your contact that might be able to help with the firmware update?

Many thanks in advance

Sal

Hi John,

CCUpdate.exe only works with Contours, and not IO's. I spoke with Clair and have a contact for you. Check your private messages. They are the only people who can do the change.

(There was a lower level method we could do years ago with the serial input but no-one can remember how.)

Best,
Michael

Hi Steve,

Check your PM's re changing the firmware. If the issue is firmware, then I'm curious where you got them? (IO's are generally not released into the wild without first updating them with public "Contour" firmware.)

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael,

I have recently bought two Clair iO's and have been pulling my hair out trying to get access to them, now finally know my issue.

Are you possibly at liberty to let me in on your contact that might be able to help with the firmware update?

Many thanks in advance

Sal

Hello, I just bought 2 units for my Clair Bros. 12AM monitos.
Who has the controller software,firmware for Clair io and DSP tunings of the 12AM speakers?
Thanks a lot.

Hello, I just bought 2 units for my Clair Bros. 12AM monitos.
Who has the controller software,firmware for Clair io and DSP tunings of the 12AM speakers?
Thanks a lot.

Any IO's that leave Clair are usually changed, by them, over to the regular Contour firmware. (Only they can do it.) The Lake Controller v5.8, available from Lab Gruppen, should work as it does for regular Lake Contours.

As for 12AM DSP modules, best contact Clair.

Hello. I know its a very old thread but i've to try my luck. I also have two clair i.o.. I bought them a few years ago directly from clair brothers and now i'm thinking about to update them to a newer firmware since win7 is a little outdated. Also i would love to use a newer version of the Lake Controller Software than v5.8. Any advise how to manage this update? I'd be truely grateful for any support.

Hello. I know its a very old thread but i've to try my luck. I also have two clair i.o.. I bought them a few years ago directly from clair brothers and now i'm thinking about to update them to a newer firmware since win7 is a little outdated. Also i would love to use a newer version of the Lake Controller Software than v5.8. Any advise how to manage this update? I'd be truely grateful for any support.
Matthias,
The Clair IOs are an unsupported legacy product. I own 2 of them.
There is no upgrade path. Controller v5.8 is the only version that will work with them.
Best,
Don

That's too sad, i don't want to think about giving them away. I love their output. In my opinion they sound better than a lot of new stuff. But on the other hand with no way to update them, its only a question of time.
Thanks for your fast reply, Don.
Best,
Matthias

Hello everybody.
I'm french and it's really hard to find some documentation or informations about discontinued Lake products such as Contour and Mesa, so I try in this old thread.
I'm the owner of two Lake Mesa Quad Eq and one Lake Contour controlled by a Lake software v5.8. I'm looking for a new one to have two units of each. I found units of this Contour Clair iO (never seen it before) and asking what's the différence between this model and the "classic" Lake Contour ? Is it possible to control it as the lake contour ?
I think I understood reading this topic that the Clair iO was made for Clair Brothers systems so I think that the presets are locked, isn't it ? If I update the software of a Clair iO can I use it as a classic Contour ?
Thanks a lot