New Midas M32 Console

Re: New Midas M32 Console

I don't quite agree with Sam, "...midas belongs to music group they still make the awesome pro series. These things happen and unfortunatly we cannot do anything about it." -- why we even have to do anything? They keep making great decks and lowering prices, thanks for that.

the reasoning behind my comment is because I'm sick of the M32 bashing by people I don't see any problem with Midas belonging to Music group they have injected money into the R&D of the company and the fact that we now have a midas that is within the small company budget. I love midas and i will keep supporting them all the way.

the reasoning behind my comment is because I'm sick of the M32 bashing by people I don't see any problem with Midas belonging to Music group they have injected money into the R&D of the company and the fact that we now have a midas that is within the small company budget. I love midas and i will keep supporting them all the way.

When MG purchased Midas, I spoke to some people still remaining from the Midas/MarkIV days. They have told me things are MUCH better at Midas because they now have cash. All of the gears move better with grease. Midas can only help Behringer get better.

Midas did enjoy the reputation as being one of the best, if not the best console company back in the day. KT was always viewed as a high end, no-frills line. It is only natural that people question these companies now. This is nothing new. People questioned Peak Audio and Media Matrix under Peavey's umbrella. They questioned Crest. MG have attracted top industry vets from the other household name companies. According to the Midas guys, they are having a blast. So, if those guys are digging it, maybe everyone should relax.

Ya know, a modern auto mfg line might have low end Fords and high end Lincolns being built on it. It doesn't change the value of either.

Why should X32s & Pro 6 mixers being built under the same roof be different.

I don't understand all the teeth gnashing going on about the M32. Why not wait until a few hundred have been delivered and put into use? The current arguments are based on zero first hand knowledge.

Sigh...
Sent from my iPad HD

This is the hard part about brand management when a value brand purchases a premium brand. This is not exactly news and IMO Behringer appears to be doing a better than average job handling the natural conflict of trying to be all things to all people.

Yes there are similar parallels in other industries.

JR

PS: One interesting observation many premium brands were more expensive mainly because they didn't enjoy enough sales volume to be manufactured price competitively, so they didn't have a choice about pricing and often this was the reason for weakness. Consumers infer a higher quality than probably deserved because of this low volume driven higher price. However when selling products for a higher price point you can't afford to deliver the same value feature sets and justify the higher price. There is a reason that it is usually the value brand that buys the premium brand. That's where the money is, but there is still money to be made from exploiting the premium badges for selling stuff to the consumers who are too cool to buy the value brands.

That's the same deal my supplier had for me. Wanted me to put down money for the desk and $300 more for freight. He didn't know when they would arrive but that 10 were on the way and he had 7 spoken for. One week later he was told only 5 would be shipped. Now i am told third week of August they would get a second shipment. If I wanted one of those i would need to pre pay. It is still not known if the DL-16 will ship with the desk's...
Not a smart business decision in my mind. My season drys up in November and stays dead until the middle of February. Looks like i will be waiting until then. I may sound like i gave up but knowing my future gig's and the time line of Midas, I am waiting. Sam,,, I hope yours arrives and you will rub it in hard. Cheers Mate...

I'm in the opposite boat, my season kicks up in September and I am REAL hopeful my 2 desks are here by then...

Does Midas sponsor a user forum ... or will this become the default forum when we start getting our M32s ?

I haven't found another.

Does Midas sponsor a user forum ... or will this become the default forum when we start getting our M32s ?

I haven't found another.

Well I guess being Midas and all, it can play here in the Varsity Forum while the X32 is in JV. Rob Spence, feeling lucky?

As for factory forums, I hope Midas/KT implement them although having their folks participating here is a Good Thing.

Now for the Digital Crystal Ball (with outdoor antenna, soon with rotor)® - the September announcements by MG/Behringer will bring surprises to all their professional brands, expect interconnectivity and distributed processing architecture. And if that really pans out I see a big player kicking itself in the ass for not announcing their systems first.

And the DCB could be wrong, so YMMV and all that...

Last edited:

You're doing this just to drive us crazy, right?

HAHA No that was genuinely an autocorrect on my Iphone for some reason.
I am hopefully picking the desk up friday afternoon. I will then be taking it to another companies warehouse to take pictures and try and crash it. I think I am going to be one of the first people in the UK with my hands on it.

Last edited:

I don't understand all the teeth gnashing going on about the M32. Why not wait until a few hundred have been delivered and put into use? The current arguments are based on zero first hand knowledge.

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering the same thing. The marketing is pretty intense when a product that virtually nobody has seen, and literally nobody has used on a real gig, can generate 29 pages of "commentary". :?~:-?~:???:

GTD

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering the same thing. The marketing is pretty intense when a product that virtually nobody has seen, and literally nobody has used on a real gig, can generate 29 pages of "commentary". :?~:-?~:???:

GTD

apart from some differences from another MG product we all essentially know how it functions & what it can do!

Last edited:

29 pages of great commentary by a good gang of guys here...
Why do I think its ODD that no Case manufacturer has released a price for the M-32 case yet? (thinking Sam has a pair of white gloves in his back pocket at all times now)

29 pages of great commentary by a good gang of guys here...
Why do I think its ODD that no Case manufacturer has released a price for the M-32 case yet? (thinking Sam has a pair of white gloves in his back pocket at all times now)

Mine is having a sexy custom case. Just trying to work out how to get a Mac mini into it for recording. I am also changing my internal card into a Dante card.

Last edited: