New Midas M32 Console

Re: New Midas M32 Console

I'm kinda hoping that Chase comes back and tells us whats going down with the manuals and the software...

Mike, the newest estimate from my supplier is that they are shipping from Belgium today or tomorrow. So early next week arrival now but based on how well there judgement of time has been going over at Midas it could take another two weeks to get to me LOL.
Classic rock and roll lies:
1) "The check is in the mail."
2) "I won't come in your mouth."
3) "Your M32 is shipping from ______ today."

You could buy a real Midas for that money you lost.:D~:-D~:grin:

Pro 1 and Pro2/C went down 30% months ago. I wouldn't be losing business over a console, I'd be buying or leasing a console - one that I can expect delivery RFN, not some fairy tale time in the future. Perhaps Sam's M32 is being delivered by a team of rainbow-eating unicorns? 8)~:cool:~:cool:

If you really needed a desk, Sam, you should have purchased an X32, used it until the Midas arrived and then sold it off.

Pro 1 and Pro2/C went down 30% months ago. I wouldn't be losing business over a console, I'd be buying or leasing a console - one that I can expect delivery RFN, not some fairy tale time in the future. Perhaps Sam's M32 is being delivered by a team of rainbow-eating unicorns? 8)~:cool:~:cool:

If you really needed a desk, Sam, you should have purchased an X32, used it until the Midas arrived and then sold it off.

Well guys thank you for your comments. I would like to say of I wanted to buy an x32 I would have bought an x32. With regard to my business it wasn't financially viable for me to buy an x32 in the first place then sell it. I have lost money simple on the grounds that the desk hasn't arrived when they said it would.

Well guys thank you for your comments. I would like to say of I wanted to buy an x32 I would have bought an x32. With regard to my business it wasn't financially viable for me to buy an x32 in the first place then sell it. I have lost money simple on the grounds that the desk hasn't arrived when they said it would.

but now you have X32 in different costume :D~:-D~:grin: and a wait

Sam has a plan that i am sure he has spent a lot of time thinking out. Like having the best possible sound on the budget he has set. Jumping in with compromising lesser value equipment and having a name of "he has OK sound" is not what i think he has in mind. Yes i agree he could cross rent a great desk but by doing so would he make the money back or spend it on rental. I'm betting cross rent would eat him alive. Some of my small gig's have a pro-2 that i cant charge the proper rate for. but i own it so its no money out of my pocket. With other desks that i could take but don't because i know the sound of Midas and that gets me more work.
Sam, stand strong on your business plan. Keep to it and become the sound company you dream to be. "but you should think about cross renting to keep your company growing"
"B's sting" Better case, better fades, better mic pre's, future 96k, no rubber mat for your I-phone
On a side note... I don't like seeing RCA ports on the back of the desk... but that's just a personal feeling.

Sam has a plan that i am sure he has spent a lot of time thinking out. Like having the best possible sound on the budget he has set. Jumping in with compromising lesser value equipment and having a name of "he has OK sound" is not what i think he has in mind. Yes i agree he could cross rent a great desk but by doing so would he make the money back or spend it on rental. I'm betting cross rent would eat him alive. Some of my small gig's have a pro-2 that i cant charge the proper rate for. but i own it so its no money out of my pocket. With other desks that i could take but don't because i know the sound of Midas and that gets me more work.
Sam, stand strong on your business plan. Keep to it and become the sound company you dream to be. "but you should think about cross renting to keep your company growing"
"B's sting" Better case, better fades, better mic pre's, future 96k, no rubber mat for your I-phone
On a side note... I don't like seeing RCA ports on the back of the desk... but that's just a personal feeling.

Analog Midas sounds almost identical to analog "big boy" Soundcraft mixers until you overload an input or summing bus. Operated within linear parameters and without bringing in the subjective EQ preferences, there is basically no difference. Without the soft clipping (which I've yet to find necessary for my mixing), the "midas sound" is voodoo bullshit and has been for 25 years.

That said, if my clientele would accept only Midas I'd sure a hell have a Midas for them, even if I had to lease a more expensive model or negotiate a substitute on a temporary basis. That's my point - if Sam is losing business over the M32 not shipping when he needed it, this is the result of his lack of a back up plan or inflexible business model. Neither of those are the fault of Midas/Music Group.

We're about to order a couple pallets of new power amps, and if they don't come in on time we're not screwed because we have *2* plans to cover our ass. Remember the Scouts - Be Prepared.

In Norway I have also been told by my dealer today that the M32s are on a truck from Belgium to Oslo..... and have been so since early this week.
Perhaps the driver took a looooooong lunch in Denmark on the way or something??

I'll be using mine in a small TV-studio, broadcast instead of P.A.
Gonna be interesting!! :-D

ARNE

Did a Google-search for "logistics manager music group" and found that there is actually such a person. Guess he's on holiday :razz:

The words slightly annoyed don't cut it. It has currently lost me a lot of money because it keeps having jobs it could go on but keep having to say no because it hasn't arrived :-(

That’s one of the things that annoys be immensely about Uli’s input into Midas. He’s using MI vapour-ware and spin strategies with a professional customer base. The next week every week delivery promise, and more or less just painting Midas on Behringer products where ever he can. If he’s not careful it will back fire.

The Pro – world whether it’s a construction company or a sound company will pay a big penalty for not delivering on time. You appear to have made a reason and conservative estimate on delivery time. It’s not unreasonable for you to expect to have your desk by now.

Before Behringer bought Turbosound I can remember an issue with delivery, I was loaned their demo speakers to get me out of trouble...

FWIW my plans to buy some more of the Midas Pro series is now on hold because this type of approach to business.

Last edited:

Analog Midas sounds almost identical to analog "big boy" Soundcraft mixers until you overload an input or summing bus. Operated within linear parameters and without bringing in the subjective EQ preferences, there is basically no difference. Without the soft clipping (which I've yet to find necessary for my mixing), the "midas sound" is voodoo bullshit and has been for 25 years.

Absolutely, the big advantage Midas had was that so many people did not understand gain structure and overloaded the input or summing amp. A Midas console was way more forgiving than other consoles in this respect. This translated to rider acceptance and a perception of Mic-pre head room.

You could buy a real Midas for that money you lost.:D~:-D~:grin:

Did he lose money because he could not send his system out, or did he lose money because he did not have THAT console? I doubt it's the latter, because nobody has the console. Did the tour just not happen because THAT console was not released? Why not rent another console and take the money?

to my knowledge its been distributed around the Midas Dealers to my knowledge Thomann arn't a recognised dealer ( I may be wrong) even though they do stock them.

Contacted Thomann and they are planning to stock the M32 -

" but at the moment we haven´t an delivery date. So we have to be patient." (sic)

Went to visit my Dealer today. Found out there having a Class on the X-32 and the M-32 on the 26th and 27th of this month! I looked all over the store and warehouse and did not see a single Midas M-32 box anywhere. So I asked if the class would have a desk to put fingers and lips on... The reply was YES, We Will. The Term "Class" i'm sure will be a marketing meet and greet more than a class but I plan to attend at least the first day.
Just wanted to throw that out for some late night reading, Ya All.
Still wish the M-32 manual would come to a web site near us soon...
SAM ... you get yours yet ????

Well if it does not arrive in time - to do a "Class" on the x32 and M32 they do not need an M32 they can do it using an X32! -

+ I suggest if you are waiting for a manual in the meantime read the X32 Wiki ( in secret if necessary) to give you a head start.

Plus surely anyone considering buying an M32 at this stage would surely have looked at the x32 documentation to ensure that the M32 will do what they want and work the way they want.

( I'm waiting for the M32 compact - hint to Midas/MG)

That’s one of the things that annoys be immensely about Uli’s input into Midas. He’s using MI vapour-ware and spin strategies with a professional customer base. The next week every week delivery promise, and more or less just painting Midas on Behringer products where ever he can. If he’s not careful it will back fire.

The Pro – world whether it’s a construction company or a sound company will pay a big penalty for not delivering on time. You appear to have made a reason and conservative estimate on delivery time. It’s not unreasonable for you to expect to have your desk by now.

Before Behringer bought Turbosound I can remember an issue with delivery, I was loaned their demo speakers to get me out of trouble...

FWIW my plans to buy some more of the Midas Pro series is now on hold because this type of approach to business.

Pro companies don't bet business on not yet released products.

Most professionals don't even want to be early adopters. They wait till the early production snags are worked out. There are always early issues whether they be technical, manufacturing, or pipeline logistics.

Some suppliers will not announce a product until it is really ready for delivery. Others announce some time in advance to build anticipation.

For the M32, I suspect the early announcement has caused customers to put off buying competitors products while they wait for the M32.

You say you cannot afford an alternate plan due to the delay but what would you do if it never arrives? Behringer did exactly that 2 years ago with another mixer.

If you choose to get first in line for a product, you have also signed up to be first in line for any frustrations.

Give it a rest till the supply line fills up.

Sent from my iPad HD

Well if it does not arrive in time - to do a "Class" on the x32 and M32 they do not need an M32 they can do it using an X32! -

+ I suggest if you are waiting for a manual in the meantime read the X32 Wiki ( in secret if necessary) to give you a head start.

Plus surely anyone considering buying an M32 at this stage would surely have looked at the x32 documentation to ensure that the M32 will do what they want and work the way they want.

( I'm waiting for the M32 compact - hint to Midas/MG)

I'm guilty of the secret reading ! been through that thing 3 times and find myself highlighting little things each time. Has anyone read the Pro manual ? What a bad read. refer to this page, refer to that page. Hell one reference to page leads you to a blank page!
I admit the B has some nice features and great effects but i can tell the difference between a .wav and mp3. Buddy of mine has 2 x32's one for FOH and one for monitor world. I have worked both stations and enjoy the desk. Running around the stage setting monitors is GREAT. All things i do with the Pro-2 so its nothing new.
My wait for the M-32 is based on the dry season for me starting in early November. Sam will have all the bugs worked out by the time i get a desk in February.
Of the gigs per year that i could do using a smaller desk, "M32" would be 20-25, of the gigs i would need the Pro-2 is like 15-20. the winter months i might do 5 but there small and if i need to i will cross rent the B. I am ok with both worlds but to OWN i will wait for SAM and the M-32.
"Nick" M-32 compact ? KEWL IDEA! there are times i would have wished i had gotten the PRO-2C its nice having the left end channels in my face but i cant think of a time i didn't move them center to adjust. (screen being the main reason)
Nick tore me up on that one.. making me think and im glad your here with us.

Looks like the usb control port is gone in the final version so it seems that we will never see it work in the x32.

The m32 ships only with the usb card so firewire doesn't seem to an option unless the x32 xuf card works out of the box.