New Midas M32 Console

Re: New Midas M32 Console

This is the first preproduction M32 console to be completed, I thought it would be of interest to the posters on this forum.

M32 Reduced.jpg

We are on-track for mass production in June. We look forward to getting this great console into your hands as soon as possible!

Kind regards,

Al Walker

Senior Engineer, Systems

MUSIC Group

This is the first preproduction M32 console to be completed, I thought it would be of interest to the posters on this forum
View attachment 10131

I got my hands on it at plasa focus a few weeks back the whole eco system feels so much better its weightier than the X32 and just feels nicer to handle in respect to faders, controls.
sam

I got my hands on it at plasa focus a few weeks back the whole eco system feels so much better its weightier than the X32 and just feels nicer to handle in respect to faders, controls.
sam

thought the carbon fibre would make it lighter!

I'm ready to pre-order one, but will definitely need a case.

I wonder which company will fill the need ?

Looks like it's going to be a little more bulky than the X32.

I can can assure you it's heavier.... The internals are bulkier than the x32 according to the rep on the stand...

I think al maybe spooning with it

It's probably good marketing to put a steel plate in the bottom so it has more gravitas. :)

JR

[edit- at some point lighter is not perceived as better.... /edit]

Last edited:

lifted from international pro audio:

Music Group has reported an "overwhelming response" to the Midas M32, which has been pre-ordered almost 10,000 times, the firm says.

According to the company, the M32 is on track to become the most successful console Midas has ever manufactured.

The 40-input mixer offers a wide range of connectivity options designed for audio professionals in need of advanced live sound and recording solutions.

It offers the same mic preamplifiers as the company's PRO Series consoles, along with “1-million lifecycle” Midas Pro Faders. The new console is 96 kHz ready, equipped with 192 kHz AD/DA converters, and offers Ultranet for “Acoustic Integration” with Turbosound's iQ Series active loudspeakers or IEM systems.

The firm expected the M32 to create a stir, but never imagined this level of demand, as the new vice president of sales for Music Group's Professional Division, Graham Rowlands, explained:

"I’m genuinely overwhelmed by the response to M32. I knew it was going to be special from the first time I saw the design renders, but I underestimated just how broad an appeal this console would have," Rowlands told Audio Pro International.

"I think the M32 hits the right balance of an intuitive, stable operating system (Behringer X32) along with a Midas sonic path of PRO Series mic pre-amps and output stages together with our Midas million-cycle faders – exactly the same as found on any of our PRO Series or XL8 consoles.

"Add to that the total redesign of the chassis, including a carbon-fibre front rest, and this console is road-ready at a price Midas has never been able to achieve before.

"Lastly, I think retaining an industrial designer from outside of our industry has provided a very fresh approach to Midas’ console design language. Rajesh Kutty is a leading industrial designer known for his work with celebrated luxury auto manufacturers including Bentley. He was retained for the M32 project."

Geographically, the demand is spread fairly evenly – approximately 38 per cent from the USA, Canada and South America; 34 per cent from EMEA and 28 per cent from the APAC region.

Music Group remains on target to start shipping the M32 later this month.

Al walker is the desk gonna be 96k at launch?

Anyone know of a download site for the Manuel ? sure would be nice to start reading some British Humor err i mean the how and why of this desk. I've dug around but havent seen anything but pictures and a brochure. Thanx for any helpful links...

Anyone know of a download site for the Manuel ? sure would be nice to start reading some British Humor err i mean the how and why of this desk. I've dug around but havent seen anything but pictures and a brochure. Thanx for any helpful links...

just look at the x32 manual (though out of date) functionality the same?

my dumb luck, had a wreck on the way. Car is done for but me? not a mark... didn't make it to the dealer but i will go tomorrow that's for sure.
so i took some time to read the x32 book today... How very Pro-2. the learning curve for the M-32 should be a breeze. bet i find new things everyday for years to come...
I must admit, its been a LONG time since i got excited about anything. if i don't reply for a few days, i'm busy twisting and pushing stuff..

so is it coming out 96K ? Sure hope so. !!!
the more i read, the more i get the feeling its not. As to work with its Sister as a monitor desk. I had hope it would be the other way, as the M-32 work with a pro-? as a monitor desk from a DL-###. Doesn't change my mind any. i'm sure to be happy. but then the 9650 and a card in the 32 desk wont break the bank..
Case?? with the curved back, (the back stands 10 inches) what will be done over the low area, (fader area) to keep it from moving around? then you must be careful not to have any faders up. they could get crushed by the support of the case lid. I think to much, send me on a gig!
And i like the idea of a Midas Jacket or shirt!
(future proof 96K ?, that's what the brochure states.)

Last edited: