Uli Behringer of The Music Group Q&A

Re: Uli Behringer of The Music Group Q&A

I already repaired the piece of gear for the record and actually drew up the schematic if anyone needs . My point is I have been in the business for over 35 years, and I never needed the schematic to begin with, just proving the real reason for protecting giving out the service literature. Dont care to be associated with a ripoff company riding the backs of other legitimate ones! And hiding in another country by laws!

OK, you must be new here. I/We have already exchanged views with Behringer representatives and fanboys about intellectual property. I am reluctant to stir this up again because I find the arguments unpleasant, but you need to read this other thread that was split off from a different discussion because of a similar veer.

http://soundforums.net/basement/942...al-property-discussion-branch-m32-thread.html

It would be OK with me if you read all 10 pages of that other thread. before scatter shooting more gotcha link's.

JR

PS: I worked at Peavey for 15 years, but that was a while ago.

Dear Casper:

Thank you for the heads up about Center Stage Music. Our Customer Support staff spoke with the store the same day of your post.

Once again thank you for your support of Behringer and in helping us to support our dealers.

Last edited:

Does anyone on here know the difference from a AND-OR-XOR-NOT-NAND-NOR-and-XNOR to a flip flop! or a sine wave or square or a scan derived supply really Lsi Vpp ? Lets really talk engineering! Or maybe knows the difference between an operational amplifier slew rate and frequency response .. Your out of line Rob play with your mixers!

Yes. Do you remember a company called Signetics (pre-Philips)? Logic gates and shift registers and eventually little 8 bit CPUs.

Sam, I suggest you might have too much caffeine in your diet... take a deep breath and accept the fact that Behringer is not going to send you what they consider proprietary information. You've worked in the field long enough to know that's how some firms work, right?

Does anyone on here know the difference from a AND-OR-XOR-NOT-NAND-NOR-and-XNOR to a flip flop! or a sine wave or square or a scan derived supply really Lsi Vpp ? Lets really talk engineering! Or maybe knows the difference between an operational amplifier slew rate and frequency response .. Your out of line Rob play with your mixers!

Me me me.... :)

But (yawn) like so what? That and a dollar gets me a cup of coffee (maybe).

For the record this is a pro sound reinforcement, not electronic design forum, of which there are several around the WWW.

JR

I know of everything you said but this one. It could be my broken english though...

According to google it's a TV set thing... putting another winding on the high voltage flyback transformer. I suspect for some hot chassis TV set designs there was no regular mains transformer so this may be the only transformer in the unit, with low voltage step down winding for low voltage circuitry.

Are you sorry you asked, I am... :)

JR

What are the new things in TLX, what is different then the ELX? Why you dont sell ELX anymore?

Hi Dirk,

The compression driver coils are pure aluminium and CCAW (copper clad aluminium wire) on the TLX43 and TLX84 respectively. Combined with advanced magnetics, the low mass coils give higher output and the low impurity aluminium produces a sweeter sound.
TURBOSOUND uses standards such as cast aluminium chassis drivers, weather resistant cones, birch plywood enclosures and tough touring paint, all are implemented on TLX. The flying system has been engineered for ease of rigging and 100% safety, and complies to the most stringent BGV-C1 certification. The final voicing is done using a source-coherent minimum phase method that equals and betters linear phase methods (currently so fashionable) for frequency response, time alignment and off axis summation, whilst delivering the performance with an absolute minimum propagation delay.
This makes the system ideal for live performance and announcements where ‘lip-sink’ to the performer is very desirable. This voicing method also provides seamless subwoofer integration and outstanding sonic detail.

Last edited:

Your awesome John, Thank you! But... TV set thing ....lol The Recovery rate of that diode is imperative for that circuit working properly otherwise puff.... Nice to meet you gentlemen! I promise I wont be a PIYA to anyone here! Please feel free to ask me anything and pardon my abrupt entrance! Have a super Saturday everyone!

Your awesome John, Thank you! But... TV set thing ....lol The Recovery rate of that diode is imperative for that circuit working properly otherwise puff.... Nice to meet you gentlemen! I promise I wont be a PIYA to anyone here! Please feel free to ask me anything and pardon my abrupt entrance! Have a super Saturday everyone!

Sam,

What does this have to do with anything? If you are trying to impress us, you are failing. If you would like to be a member of this community, please stay on topic at the very least. I don't have a lot of patience for this sort of thing today.

Hi Dirk,

The compression driver coils are pure aluminium and CCAW (copper clad aluminium wire) on the TLX43 and TLX84 respectively. Combined with advanced magnetics, the low mass coils give higher output and the low impurity aluminium produces a sweeter sound.
TURBOSOUND uses standards such as cast aluminium chassis drivers, weather resistant cones, birch plywood enclosures and tough touring paint, all are implemented on TLX. The flying system has been engineered for ease of rigging and 100% safety, and complies to the most stringent BGV-C1 certification. The final voicing is done using a source-coherent minimum phase method that equals and betters linear phase methods (currently so fashionable) for frequency response, time alignment and off axis summation, whilst delivering the performance with an absolute minimum propagation delay.
This makes the system ideal for live performance and announcements where ‘lip-sink’ to the performer is very desirable. This voicing method also provides seamless subwoofer integration and outstanding sonic detail.

That is the answer I expected. :roll:. Marketing.

That is the answer I expected. :roll:. Marketing.

While it is nice to hear from mfg people and their participation and knowledge can be quite helpful, some of the MG responses seem to be proofed, edited, approved copy, and in some cases copy pasted info.

The main benefit of pro user forums (until late) is actual experience, opinions, and the lack of commercials. It appears to me those days are over and info should be received accordingly. No disrespect for these people that seem to have genuine interest and care for others/users and their work. I could be totally wrong, I haven't read all of the many pages of these posts. They are lucky to have some products that appeal to a large number of ppl.

While it is nice to hear from mfg people and their participation and knowledge can be quite helpful, some of the MG responses seem to be proofed, edited, approved copy, and in some cases copy pasted info.

The main benefit of pro user forums (until late) is actual experience, opinions, and the lack of commercials. It appears to me those days are over and info should be received accordingly. No disrespect for these people that seem to have genuine interest and care for others/users and their work. I could be totally wrong, I haven't read all of the many pages of these posts. They are lucky to have some products that appeal to a large number of ppl.

Take a look at the technical discussions that JR and Ivan get into. It's fun to watch! :D~:-D~:grin:

I'm shocked.... Employees of MG, posting to a thread titled "Uli Behringer" choose their words carefully. :)

It is valuable to be able to get answers from the horse's mouth so to speak. But don't expect to get too much inside information. The main function of web participation by manufacturers is to keep the squeaky wheels well oiled and down to a low rumble.

The self serving promotional spiels are kind of like the commercials before or during a show... of course all commercial and no show will get poor ratings, there does need to be some content mixed in.

JR

Yep, and while it's been interesting to hear from Uli, it's mostly a PR campaign. I'd expect other factory guys to pop in and answer questions or subtly promote a few products, but I'm very much opposed to the freer hand given propagandists here at SFN and is why I still post at PSW, too.

Bennett, David, methinks manufacturers have been give too much of a free hand here. The April 1 "make over" wasn't ironic...

The old rule of only answering specific questions generally keeps the hype down to a rumble, but some of Uli's verbose essays were classic marketing.

I am also made uncomfortable by manufacturers doing overt market research using public forums. While the irony is that the value of such research is similar to the value of general advice on the WWW (high noise to low signal ratio).

I applaud Bennet's light hand at moderation (mostly). I was constantly getting smacked down at PSW for my sharing. That whole IP thread may have been entertaining to watch (kind of like a car crash), but it was pretty unpleasant to participate in.

I am curious to see where this goes... The recent thread giving Yamaha a similar pedestal to pimp from will reveal if this approach has legs or is critically flawed.

Manufacturers and customers can both benefit from a healthy dialog, even though most people ask the wrong questions. :) I would like to see more than one company active here. Albeit not in Uli's signature thread.

JR