X16 Preview

Re: X16 Preview

Apparently so: RESULTS: Digital Mixer Shootout and VUE Audiotechnik Demo

Are you seriously worrying about reselling a less than $4,000 mixer? I guess I'm a hoarder compared to many - resell is usually the last thing I worry about. I buy gear for me - if I can resell it later great. But I'm loath to box myself in because of what some other people may think - in the future no less.

I could care less about resale value. As I stated, it may be a concern for some.

No, not yet but I'm working on it.

I don't think I will have anything before namm, but I will have the firmware extracted eventually if only for personal amusement ;-)

Somewhat corresponding question: Since I am not a code writer or programmer of any kind, is there any merit/possibility to "deconstructing" the code of XControl so as to allow the use of a USB control surface with the software? This would make it so you wouldn't need a second console in some cases for FOH or Monitorworld. Leave your console on stage and mix via laptop (given the now minimal limitations of the XControl software) and fader pack from just about anywhere- with the all to important feel of a real fader. Use a USB powered light on the laptop to see what's on the surface and you're off and running...

Thoughts?...???...???...

Somewhat corresponding question: Since I am not a code writer or programmer of any kind, is there any merit/possibility to "deconstructing" the code of XControl so as to allow the use of a USB control surface with the software? This would make it so you wouldn't need a second console in some cases for FOH or Monitorworld. Leave your console on stage and mix via laptop (given the now minimal limitations of the XControl software) and fader pack from just about anywhere- with the all to important feel of a real fader. Use a USB powered light on the laptop to see what's on the surface and you're off and running...

Thoughts?...???...???...

Instead of hacking the XControl, it would be easier to just run a second program to take care of the control surface, communicating with the X32 by OSC as a second client.
However, depending on what Behringer shows at NAMM, I guess we could pester Behringer to add this functionality to XControl. Unless a new control surface materializes, in which case they probably won't be too keen on supporting any other surfaces, not even the BCF2000.

No one at least curious about what the T8 is?

The four new devices I listed above was extracted from the x32 firmware and was not included until v1.10...

I can confirm that following files are included in 1.11 firmware (I'm not able to export them - I don't even try):

logo/T8.bmp
logo/X32.bmp
logo/X32C.bmp
logo/X32P.bmp
logo/X32RACK.bmp

prefs/T8.init
prefs/X32.init
prefs/X32C.init
prefs/X32P.init
prefs/X32RACK.init

Ok, so I think that:
► T8 is a 8-track external recorder
► X32C is X32 with card which allow to record directly on the HDD or Pendrive
► X32P is Portable version of X32 (8 fader less) but still 32 channels
► X32RACK is 3U rack version
► X16 is an iPad mixer (presented by Mr. Uli)

Last edited:

Mateusz Ciesiółka;46729 said:
I can confirm that following files are included in 1.11 firmware (I'm not able to export them - I don't even try):

Ok, so I think that:
► T8 is a 8-track external recorder
► X32C is X32 with card which allow to record directly on the HDD or Pendrive
► X32P is Portable version of X32 (8 fader less) but still 32 channels
► X32RACK is 3U rack version
► X16 is an iPad mixer (presented by Mr. Uli)

Ooops, I didn't realise the x32 wasn't portable. I was silly enough to roadcase it. What was I thinking :)

PLEASE. Do not go down the ipad route with this. I was very much hoping for an 01v96

Also where is the digital snake connection to be used with the x32 and s16 heads. Again please dont make a seperate piece of gear that doesnt integrate with the WHOLE family. I think others might agree its not just about price anymore, id easily pay another $500 to get a cut down version of x32.

Bennett where is the DISLIKE button!

Shane, if you hoping for an 01v96, why not just go out and buy one? They already exist, they are cheap, and plenty are available in the used market . I love my 01V, but its old technology that represent one of the early generations of digital consoles. Creating a console like it, I think the would be a huge step backward in the direction the industry is heading.

Any why do you need/ want a digital snake? The purpose of a device like this is to be small, simple, and easy. So why over complicate it. LEAVE it on stage or side of stage where it belongs and pickup the iPad, walk the venue Listen.... then mix.

Uli, I don't currently own any of your products. I have owned several in the past, and they were great stepping stones to help me get to where I am now. I think you make a great products for your market.

T8 : Trans..... a bridge or transmitter, interface etc. or Terminator MkVIII
X32P : Processor only 1U unit with only AES50, P16, Ethernet etc. or "Pro" with more power
X32C : Controller or Compact
X32RACK : We must all agree that this have to be the 3U unit in the picture

Any thoughts on what the USB and Midi jacks on the back are for? My guess is they are for a BCF2000 or similar, but it would be really nifty if the USB was a DAW port like on the Xuf, but I think that is just wishful thinking.

I do sound for a church and the X16 would be really useful for a number of situations, but getting digital in or out would be very nice sometimes.

John S.