X32 Discussion

Re: S16

Hope this is just a mistake but Thomann has removed the S16 from there website !!

kev

Hello

I am afraid you´re right - just few hours ago I peeked at my order and it showed something like Dec 17th or so.

Hopefully they are just updating their pages and it shows soon "In stock"

Uli - Joe - Hans Thomann - somebody - please share some light on this...

Hello

I am afraid you´re right - just few hours ago I peeked at my order and it showed something like Dec 17th or so.

Hopefully they are just updating their pages and it shows soon "In stock"

Uli - Joe - Hans Thomann - somebody - please share some light on this...

Didn't Uli post on here a couple of weeks ago stating that they were shipping the S16's.
Seems strange.

Please have a little patience. 1.10 is almost finished and left the inhouse testing. I think, there are some "non Behringer" beta tester working with it right now. In fact, I installed it just 5 minutes ago on my console and I'm heading for two recordings sessions with my X32 with it this weekend:)

Although this is not a major update, 1.10 brings a lot of smaller fixes AND new cool features! It shouldn't take too long for an official release (if everything works like it should).
Personally I'm really excited about 1.10...let's see, if it rocks.

Have a great weekend!
Christian

I hate you Christian ! :)

(By the way, I hope that Behringer realize that you sold more X32 with your reviews and tests in this forum than with the rest of all advertising)

Request for Features in Firmware

I hope, but think it unlikely, that the new firmware will include these two features, but I hope they will be implemented soon.

1. Ability to set a scene as Read-Only. This is so important that I can't imagine why it isn't already there.

2. Ability to send oscillator tone to two busses at once. I originally asked for all busses at once, but I see now that two will be enough. If more are needed one can send the tone to a channel via a bus and distribute it anywhere.

I can't post to the Behringer forum for some reason. Hopefully someone with influence will see this post!

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

PS - notice - no questions!:razz:

xControl

On dinner break right now, running my X32 side stage with this as FOH:
Photo Nov 23, 2 36 45 PM.jpg

Working great so far, the band seemed happy after soundcheck, no opposition to running FOH from a tablet PC either :)

One nitpick I do have with the xControl software - forgive me if it's been discussed - is the behaviour when grabbing a control with the mouse. Currently when you click on a control that control will snap to the mouse position, you can imagine what can happen if you are reaching for a gain control and don't quite hit it on the mark... I was going to pack up the mouse and run with just the stylus tonight, after a few hiccups at sound check I'm going to stick with the mouse as I can't trust the accuracy of the stylus.

I just tried out a few applications at home, if I had to make a suggestion to Behringer, I would ask that they check out the interface of Line 6's software. Click a control, move the mouse up or down and the control moves relative to your movement. In the meantime, I know the work around is to not click the controls in the wrong spot, but IMO absolute movements seem like a recipe for disaster.

Re: xControl

On dinner break right now, running my X32 side stage with this as FOH:
<snip>
Working great so far, the band seemed happy after soundcheck, no opposition to running FOH from a tablet PC either :)
I probably misunderstood, but running FOH on your dinner break makes me think they are working you too hard :lol:

One nitpick I do have with the xControl software - forgive me if it's been discussed - is the behaviour when grabbing a control with the mouse. Currently when you click on a control that control will snap to the mouse position, you can imagine what can happen if you are reaching for a gain control and don't quite hit it on the mark... I was going to pack up the mouse and run with just the stylus tonight, after a few hiccups at sound check I'm going to stick with the mouse as I can't trust the accuracy of the stylus.

I just tried out a few applications at home, if I had to make a suggestion to Behringer, I would ask that they check out the interface of Line 6's software. Click a control, move the mouse up or down and the control moves relative to your movement. In the meantime, I know the work around is to not click the controls in the wrong spot, but IMO absolute movements seem like a recipe for disaster.

What windows are you running? I certainly can't get mine to do that altough I would love to be able to for quick setup (setting an option in xControl to select behaviour).
When I click in the wrong spot but inside the fader area, the pointer moves to the fader position.
Ah....you're referring to the rotaries................they are impossible with the mouse movement anyway, just point at the knob without clicking and spin the wheel, only way to be reasonably accurate, but the click-where-you-want-it-set is brilliant for speedy set-up.

Last edited:

Hey guys, when recording to Cubase 5 via USB, is it possible to record busses in addition to direct outs? I know I can record 1-32 directly to Cubase and I have no issues doing that. I would like to "sum" some inputs by using a bus and then send that bus as 1 channel to Cubase. Is this possible? If so, please explain.

Thanks,
Paul

I probably misunderstood, but running FOH on your dinner break makes me think they are working you too hard :lol:

I may have been a little bit vague with my wording 8)~:cool:~:cool:

What windows are you running? I certainly can't get mine to do that altough I would love to be able to for quick setup (setting an option in xControl to select behaviour).
When I click in the wrong spot but inside the fader area, the pointer moves to the fader position.
Ah....you're referring to the rotaries................they are impossible with the mouse movement anyway, just point at the knob without clicking and spin the wheel, only way to be reasonably accurate, but the click-where-you-want-it-set is brilliant for speedy set-up.

I eventually figured out that the mouse wheel was the best option for adjusting those parameters. Anyone that is familiar with the Line 6 software - and I'm sure there are other software packages that respond accordingly - will know what I'm talking about. Clicking and dragging a rotary knob in xControl is just clumsy imo.

Re: X32 Discussion

I've searched and read, it may already be covered, but I couldn't find it. I've been asked to do something that I know very little about. Some gentle help would be gratefully accepted...

There is a need at our church to separately mix the house and an AUX we use for audio recording. We have been making the FOH person do both, but the recording mixing gets forgotten about, leading to poor mix on the video/audio. We have a Yamaha MG32 analog system, and we could just split the inputs and buy a separate analog mixer for the recording, but that wouldn't be any fun! I would like the replace the MG32 with the X-32 and somehow allow a person in another room to mix the recording audio.

I'm pretty sure we can use a computer or the ipad to allow the recording technician to mix an output. That has been talked about on this thread a bit.

But, can we somehow keep the computer or the ipad operator from inadvertently doing something that adversely affects the FOH? I know nothing about mixing multi-track audio on PC's. Can we design a screen or setup so that the recording technician only adjusts the recording mix, and doesn't accidently have a brain fart and mess up the FOH?

If not, we'll have to go with a separate mixer system, either analog or pc-based and taking the digital signal from the X-32, I guess.

What are the options available to me, if I had the X-32 in place and had it on my wireless network?

Thanks!

Gayle Snedecor

I've searched and read, it may already be covered, but I couldn't find it. I've been asked to do something that I know very little about. Some gentle help would be gratefully accepted...

There is a need at our church to separately mix the house and an AUX we use for audio recording. We have been making the FOH person do both, but the recording mixing gets forgotten about, leading to poor mix on the video/audio. We have a Yamaha MG32 analog system, and we could just split the inputs and buy a separate analog mixer for the recording, but that wouldn't be any fun! I would like the replace the MG32 with the X-32 and somehow allow a person in another room to mix the recording audio.

I'm pretty sure we can use a computer or the ipad to allow the recording technician to mix an output. That has been talked about on this thread a bit.

But, can we somehow keep the computer or the ipad operator from inadvertently doing something that adversely affects the FOH? I know nothing about mixing multi-track audio on PC's. Can we design a screen or setup so that the recording technician only adjusts the recording mix, and doesn't accidently have a brain fart and mess up the FOH?

If not, we'll have to go with a separate mixer system, either analog or pc-based and taking the digital signal from the X-32, I guess.

What are the options available to me, if I had the X-32 in place and had it on my wireless network?

Thanks!

Gayle Snedecor

Is this something that you have to have mixed while it is live or can it be recorded and mixed later? If it can be done later, simply hook up a X32 and a computer via firewire or usb and record the tracks into your DAW (Reaper, Sonar, ProTools, etc) and have your FOH make sure to start/stop the recording. Then you can go back and edit to your hearts content later on during the week or something.

Jared

Jared has a good solution. If you wanted a 2 track mix, you could create a mix from two buss sends and have a second tech adjust levels from the laptop. I would trust myself to do this but you might want to have someone with some experience do this. It should be safe as long as he stays in sends on fader mode on those two buss sends.

Is this something that you have to have mixed while it is live or can it be recorded and mixed later? If it can be done later, simply hook up a X32 and a computer via firewire or usb and record the tracks into your DAW (Reaper, Sonar, ProTools, etc) and have your FOH make sure to start/stop the recording. Then you can go back and edit to your hearts content later on during the week or something.

Jared

Jared, We'd like to do it live. We are recording the service right now on CD and on DVD, along with our video mixer output, of course. We are not recording the video separately, and doing so would add quite a few extra steps to the work flow (including having to separately record both the audio and the video, and then re-sync audio and video, and accounting for any drift.

So, it's not exactly like a studio recording mix, we just want a separate mix for the DVD and CD live recording. The FOH mix just doesn't sound right on the recording (no acoustic additions from piano, acoustic guitar, vocals, etc.). The "recording tech" would just make it sound good to his ears as it's being recorded.

Regards,

Gayle

Jared
This would be a perfect job for the personal monitor system!

16 channels of submix into two channels going to the recorder...