X32 Discussion

Routing analog outs

I am attempting to set up a way to use multiple monitors in a studio setup. I wanted to set up my main monitors on the monitor outs, but I wanted to turn analog 15-16 into a mirror image of what was sent to the monitors but I can find no way to do so and be able to control the volume of the secondary monitors. So far, unless I set the source for 15-16 as monitor L and R I get no sound. The problem is it is then tied to the monitor output buss with no way to control volume, either it is tied to the fader when set to post, or it just blares it at unity if set to pre. Is there a way for me to set the secondary monitor mix independent of the main monitors and send thru a mix buss or a matrix before it goes to analog out 15-16 so I can control the volume of my secondary monitors? This feels like it should be simple.

Re: Routing analog outs

Got some PM and just wanted to say, that I was not hijacked.
I know, this is the X32 thread and I hope you don't mind, if a slightly hijack this thread just in this posting. The last two weeks I was working with some friends on setting up a new rock'n'roll venue in my home town.
Everthing is working at least, but I have some minor problems with the room acoustics. So, I'm looking for some tips, how to improve the room acoustics in this venue. You can read about it here-->

http://soundforums.net/diy-audio/6657-acoustic-experts-i-need-you.html#post51083

But here comes the X32 reference:
The house console is of course a X32 with two S16:)

Christian

Last edited:

Never mind.

Don't recording forum exist?

A million pardons Tim. The question concerned the X32 so I guess I somehow thought it belonged in this forum. Nine posts have been made in the "Studio" forum since December. Quite a few more people read this one so I thought I would get a deeper pool of knowledge and much faster response. I quickly got the answer I needed (thank you much Shane) and now I am merrily on my way.

My deepest apologies for having inconvenienced you with the post.

Just updated to xicontrol 2.0.2 and now it appears that when working in offline mode I can't load up any effects other than the ones in there by default. Anyone else getting this? Haven't got the desk here so can't check whether this is just an offline glitch.

I certainly could load effects offline on the previous version...

Re: X32 Discussion-DCA's

Hello all, I posted something similar yesterday on the X32 Studio Users thread but it's also relevant here so this is a slightly abbreviated version to keep the subjects
In their seperate threads !

I sent a PM to Joe Sanborn & John DiNicola with my problem and John called me almost immediately, I am posting it here for everyones reference.

I'd had an issue where I wasn't getting any audio back down Ch's 17-24 when I pushed the faders up (I had 32 Ch's of audio coming into the X32) although I was seeing the audio signals on the meters on the individual channels I only actually heard them in Solo mode!! The solution was (in the end) fairly obvious. John walked me through some things on the phone and suggested that maybe Ch's 17-24 had been inadvertently assigned to a DCA that was pulled down and low and behold that's exactly what it was and as he explained if you look at the Home Page for those or any Ch's there is a visual indication if they are assigned to any DCA or Mute group, that's worth remembering!
Thanks John!

Also I have to say that Behringer are going above and beyond helping people with the X32 and along with the 3yr warranty it really becomes a no brainier as you could pay 3 x more for an LS9 but you're unlikely to get this kind of service from Yamaha, kudos to Uli and all at Behringer and especially to John DiNicola who has become a Rock Star of the X32 but still makes time to look after the little guys like me!
Cheers!
Dave L

Just updated to xicontrol 2.0.2 and now it appears that when working in offline mode I can't load up any effects other than the ones in there by default. Anyone else getting this? Haven't got the desk here so can't check whether this is just an offline glitch.

I certainly could load effects offline on the previous version...

I also have this behavior, will check with the desk shortly... When I can be bothered getting out of bed :)

Re: X32 Discussion-DCA's

I'd had an issue where I wasn't getting any audio back down Ch's 17-24 when I pushed the faders up (I had 32 Ch's of audio coming into the X32) although I was seeing the audio signals on the meters on the individual channels I only actually heard them in Solo mode!! The solution was (in the end) fairly obvious. John walked me through some things on the phone and suggested that maybe Ch's 17-24 had been inadvertently assigned to a DCA that was pulled down and low and behold that's exactly what it was and as he explained if you look at the Home Page for those or any Ch's there is a visual indication if they are assigned to any DCA or Mute group, that's worth remembering!

First thing for me when no audio comes through, is to move all DCA's up to the zero dB point. If it's solved then you're sure it's a DCA or worse even 2:twisted:, then you can also follow this:

Select input layer 1-16, select DCA layer. Push each DCA select button, and you see at a glance which input is assigned to that DCA. Walk through each 8 DCA's. after that select input layer 7-32. And check again.
To check everything select the remaining layers also. If these have been added by coincedence then it can be troublesome.

Well the tap function need some work all it does is flash really fast and dosn't even control the desk.. and in offline mode you can't even use it..

Please fix and update site..

WOW not to friendly out here well it dosn't work even online so there and good by to this site. wow

ill seek help else where

Hmm. I have tried it yesterday and it works fine with the console. Maybe you have to doublecheck it.
i think the offline mode shows you just how it the application looks like and what the several screens will show and do.
It would be too much work to add also a simulator of the real console. The app just makes sense with the console. It is definitely no offline editor like XControl.

Recording / Playback issue

I've just solved an issue I had...
I had done a 16 trk Band recording via Firewire to my Laptop. All recorded to Reaper fine. But on playback into the X32 (Card selected), I was getting intermittent distorted crackles. After fiddling with Buffers in Reaper with no success. I thought poss a Laptop issue... by trial and error I discovered going to Device Manager and switching off the wireless LAN sorted it. Hope this is of help to others.

And here is the recording, enjoy Forty Fiver: You've Got My Number (Why Don't You Use It) - YouTube

Tom