X32 Discussion

Re: Expansion Slot Idea

According to a Behringer post, this limitation is based on hardware architecture, not RAM or software. That was 4000+ posts ago, but it's here, somewhere.

I did search. I have a feeling it has more to do with channel routing than DSP, however. Those serial input CMOS audio switches are generally 8 or 16 channel (unbal/bal). I wonder how much I would need to pay for a schematic? :D~:-D~:grin:

I did search. I have a feeling it has more to do with channel routing than DSP, however. Those serial input CMOS audio switches are generally 8 or 16 channel (unbal/bal). I wonder how much I would need to pay for a schematic? :D~:-D~:grin:
It's probably just my ignorance, but I fail to see how anything at all is hardware switched. Hardware switching might have made sense when processing inside digital desks were more decentralized, with one dsp per channel, specialized dsp for the different functions etc, then harware routing data streams might have made sense. Not so much nowadays I would imagine.

Input routing question:

Can you route an input to more than one channel? For the purpose of a completely separate monitor mix.

Last edited:
Re: Input routing question:

Gary - short answer yes...

I have one scene where input ch 1 = ch 17(mon layer), ch 2 = ch 18... etc...

so that 1-16 is "foh" layer, and 17 - 32 is mon layer... different dynamics etc...

Thanks Shane, exactly the need I have in mind. How do you do the routing? I don't have the desk yet, just using XControl.

Re: Routing analog outs

WOW not to friendly out here well it dosn't work even online so there and good by to this site. wow

ill seek help else where

Don't deprive yourself of all the great info on this site just because a couple of posters have no manners.
Mick Berg.

Send on Faders button should Flash!

Hi.
Having finally gotten to use the X32 for real a few times, I'd like to request, in the next firmware update, that the Send on Faders button should flash when active. I forgot to reset it a couple of times, and while nothing awful happened, I can see that something very well could!8O~8-O~:shock:

Mick Berg.

Last edited:

It's probably just my ignorance, but I fail to see how anything at all is hardware switched. Hardware switching might have made sense when processing inside digital desks were more decentralized, with one dsp per channel, specialized dsp for the different functions etc, then harware routing data streams might have made sense. Not so much nowadays I would imagine.
According to a sound on sound article there is a hardware 168x168 matrix switch inside connected to the dsp. Google x32 168 matrix.

Re: Send on Faders button should Flash!

I'd like to request, in the next firmware update, that the Send on Faders button should flash when active.

Two requests for that now, with several likes! (The first being 4000+ posts ago, too.)

Maybe the idea will gain some traction. Although, it might not be possible.

Eric H.

Two requests for that now, with several likes! (The first being 4000+ posts ago, too.)

Eric H.

Hi Eric, Hi Mick,

Thank you both very much for your Feedback. As always, we take our customers suggestions very seriously and try to incorporate them into updates where possible. Your suggestions along with those of our other community members are invaluable to the development and evolution of the X32 and we very much appreciate your input and support. Please continue to put your ideas forward and if you have any questions or concerns then please feel free to PM me.

Kind Regards
Jim Knowles
CARE EMEA / Tech Support
MUSIC Group / BEHRINGER

I have a small issue with XControl on the Mac. I use XControl also offline to prepare a show and load it to a USB stick. When i change a effect in XControl it will change back to the previous effect when you go to another tab and come back. So it is not possible to change the effects in offline mode.

My statement was conjecture. You have experience? Please enlighten me!

Thank you Peter. I'm not a sound engineer by trade, but I do design audio hardware. Thank you for the information.

Most likely they did use a FPGA (field-programmable gate array) for this matrix.

These days they are very powerfull, and can do all kinds of processing, even buss summing could be done... (But not sure if this is a better solution than within a DSP) some have also the option for a build in processor core...

Eric H.

Sorry, I didn't see the other request. It seems that the idea is quite popular. Eric, why do you think it might not be possible? This is the sort of thing that is very easy to implement in firmware, I believe, but I'm no expert.

Mick Berg.

Sorry, I didn't see the other request. It seems that the idea is quite popular. Eric, why do you think it might not be possible? This is the sort of thing that is very easy to implement in firmware, I believe, but I'm no expert.

Mick Berg.

Flashing lights for alternate modes are a necessity.

On Avid VENUE, a mute button light has 3 possible indications: off - the channel mute is not engaged; on steady - the channel has been muted manually by direct activation of that channel's mute button and; on flashing - the channel mute has been activated by a mute group. And if a channel is part of a mute group but is manually muted, it will remain muted when the mute group is deactivated.

Select buttons flash when mute groups, audio groups, DCA groups, etc are in program mode.

And I agree that a flashing attribute shouldn't be difficult to code into firmware. Maybe a question of having a place for a bit flag? Either way, it seems easy enough for Yamaha, Avid and others so it's a decent bet that Behringer can figure it out. We just need to make sure they understand this is an important part of the Human Interface.