X32 Discussion

Re: Big announcement at Frankfurt PL&S show?

Having bought two of the mixers listed (in the last 6-months) Surely Behringer would be able to ship a license to registered users.

I just paid $60 usd for a copy of Reaper. That was because its the only DAW software capable of running the X32 with a firewire connection to my PC.

Neither Cakewalk Sonar X2 nor Ableton Live 9 would do the job (even with the purchase of a TI FW card installed and the onboard VIA chipset FW disabled for the ASUS mobo).

I really do no want yet another program at all but maybe the Traktion software will have that special something extra that makes it a go to for the X32.

I hope so.

But yes, a free download for Traktion would be nice.

X32-router-laptop?

I have the iPad setup working fine,,, but when I try and run my laptop and xControl they won't work together. I am coming out of the remote Ethernet of X32-router LAN port-LAN port out to laptop. It connected once for about a minute the lost it. I just basically want the laptop in presentation mode for a bigger screen. All IP numbers are set accordingly. Also my laptop appears to open xControl and shows a different IP address sometimes.

Re: X32-router-laptop?

I have the iPad setup working fine,,, but when I try and run my laptop and xControl they won't work together. I am coming out of the remote Ethernet of X32-router LAN port-LAN port out to laptop. It connected once for about a minute the lost it. I just basically want the laptop in presentation mode for a bigger screen. All IP numbers are set accordingly. Also my laptop appears to open xControl and shows a different IP address sometimes.
You could try using a static IP address for the laptop - this was the only way I succeeded in getting it to work

New Soundcraft SI Mixer, an X32 killer?!

I have had the ability to get my hands on the brand new Soundcraft SI 3 digital console. Good news. The X32 is superior in my mind. The encoder knobs are horrible. Faders may be a little smoother, but are not a giant improvement. Sound is similar. EQ sounds the same, but the compressors don't sound as good. At a price point of 3500$ I think the X32 is a far better value.

I'm glad I don't have to envy these. Keeping my X32.

X32 Wins MIPA Award

BEHRINGER X32 Wins MIPA Award for Best Live Sound Console

Musikmesse International Press Awards (MIPA) honored BEHRINGER’s X32 Digital Mixing Console with the highly coveted award for Best Mixing Desk (Live) at the annual Prolight + Sound event.

Nominated for two separate awards, the X32 edged out the DiGiCo SD5 and Soundcraft Si Performer consoles to take the top prize in the Pro Audio category.

My gratitude goes out to our employees who put their heart and soul into this product.

X32.jpg

Last edited:
Re: X32 Wins MIPA Award

BEHRINGER X32 Wins MIPA Award for Best Live Sound Console

Musikmesse International Press Awards (MIPA) honored BEHRINGER’s X32 Digital Mixing Console with the highly coveted award for Best Mixing Desk (Live) at the annual Prolight + Sound event.

Nominated for two separate awards, the X32 edged out the DiGiCo SD5 and Soundcraft Si Performer consoles to take the top prize in the Pro Audio category.

My gratitude goes out to our employees who put their heart and soul into this product.

View attachment 6608

Hilarious. Are there a lot of people torn between an SD5 and the Behringer X32 that this award will help sway?

I like working on the X32, but if given the choice I would prefer to work on an SD5 anyday. :)

I don't have hands on experience with an SD5, but what I can tell from a SD11 (Are there big differences?), the stereo channels on a SD11 are really good/smart. Something I do miss on the X32.

But for the faders, they can learn a lot from behringer, man what are those faders of digico hyper active...8O~8-O~:shock: not a pleasure to work with to my oppinion.
And they just recently announced an IPAD app coming up. For the big money difference this should be worked out long time ago...

Mateusz Ciesiółka;54364 said:
What do You mean? What's the difference?

You have just one fader to control it, so no pairing and 2 faders who follow each other. But if you want to edit something L or R specific you're able to. I'm not that experienced with it to explain in depth.

For the X32 I would like to see some other possibilities of pairing, if you use a lot stereo channels it's not handy like it's now. Having the ability (as suggested before) to pair from layer 1 to layer 2 could be a good workaround.

I'm very impressed that they won, it just shows that Behringer can design, build and support an excellent product that fits the price point that people need. Of course, this just shows that there are LOT's of people that are impressed by this console, and it's value. It's not really a comparison between those two desks. I know that there's quite a few folk rooting for behringher to keep on designing product that "changes the game", in many other - even much more expensive markets.

Hilarious. Are there a lot of people torn between an SD5 and the Behringer X32 that this award will help sway?

Why is it "Hilarious"?

Are you suggesting that the X32 does not deserve the award. If so, why?
I'm suggesting that any "contest" that puts a Honda Civic and an 18-wheeler together as competitors is pretty silly. I have no doubt the X32 is a fine product, and am actually quite grateful for its presence in the market and the pressure it is putting on other manufacturers, but anyone who thinks that the X32 is in any way comparable to the SD5 is kidding themselves.

I'm going to start a contest where I enter myself, Tiger Woods, Bruce Willis, and Warren Buffet. I will then declare myself the winner, because I have the cleanest fridge.

Re: X32-router-laptop?

I have the iPad setup working fine,,, but when I try and run my laptop and xControl they won't work together. I am coming out of the remote Ethernet of X32-router LAN port-LAN port out to laptop. It connected once for about a minute the lost it. [...] Also my laptop appears to open xControl and shows a different IP address sometimes.

You could try using a static IP address for the laptop - this was the only way I succeeded in getting it to work

This is important - if you are using a network that just has the X32, your wifi access point or router and laptop, if your wifi access point/router isn't handing out DHCP then you want to have everything set up with static IP's. Indeed, for simplicity, reliability and the overall reduction of variables (which is always a good thing, especially in a live environment!) just set your equipment up with static IP's.

Windows 7, 8 and maybe Vista as well as Mac OSX let you set up profiles for your network configurations so you can pick "Show", "Home" etc. that have all the settings for the various places you set up your equipment. The iPad doesn't, unfortunately but it's pretty easy to change it between static/DHCP. If anyone is interested in the profile thing for Windows or OSX, let me know for which OS - I have some links somewhere to some good tutorials with screen shots.