X32 Discussion

Re: Loading MP3's to USB Drive?

Umm, Aux 7-8? Not sure how you would do that... I run my iPod/iPad through Aux 5-6 and do not futz with the on-board player so yes, any mp3 player can be used for mp3 playback with just a 3.5 to RCA or 1/4 cable.

Just because the console has the ability to do something, it doesn't always mean it's the best way to do it, although it's tempting. An external MP3 player, or a good music player program on a laptop, with crossfading etc, is a much better solution. Likewise who ever uses the internal talkback mic?

However I noticed that when using my laptop to play walk-in music, and also to run XControl, the music will sometimes stutter if I do something on the console, and it updates in XControl.

Mick Berg.

Hi Mick,

i use a IBM Lenovo x41 tablet. When i using my tablet to play walk-in music or between-music and also xcontrol,
it absolutly not influencing.
The music goes direct over FiWi 1394 to the x32 and parallel over Wifi goes the xcontrol.
There can be only one configuration setting for this issue.
The x41 computer is a relatively weak, but with optimum setting is doing very well.:roll:
(Pentium M 758 / 1.5 GHz, INTEL Flash mSATA 3, SSD 525 Series, 30GB (SSDMCEAC030B3), Win XP Pro SP3 - 2048 MB DDR2-RAM)
The music is playing over high-speed 32GB SDHC-Card. Absolutly no interruption.

regards
walter

Last edited:

An issue with this but that could also be the computer i use. But Xcontrol crashes hard after a while. Especially when i use the desser. Might be related. It's not a very usefull desser as it is now. And i can use the compressor for that if i feel like kt.

Re: Scribble strip bug (or quirk)

I believe something like this has been mentioned before, couldn't find it with a search so it might have been in the Behringer Forum.

I had one channel selected, ch.4 and went into the scribble strip utility and changed text and colour, but nothing, tried again, same result, and then I noticed the strip on channel one had changed. It seems that you need to select channel after you have entered the channel strip utility, that it won't default to the channel already selected. Not a biggie, but certainly something to keep in mind.
Can't remember if the issue described before was exactly similar, I think it was someone that couldn't get the strip on ch.16 to change, and this might be why.

Yep. Happens to me all the time...

Firmware Update

Each day, multiple times, I jump onto the X32 product page and look for the new firmware update with all the cool new recording features (SOmething I'm really looking forward to).... Any ideas on when it will be?
Thanks!
Pauly

Re: Firmware Update

Hi Guys,

The S16 Webinar is now available on YouTube:
X32 Live! Webinar: X32 with the S16 - YouTube

Relating to S16 we have a Tech Talk on this subject as well:
BEHRINGER Tech Talk #01: S16 and X32

We have a new Tech Talk on: Aux Inputs and Outputs:
BEHRINGER TECH TALK 05: X32 Aux Inputs and Outputs Explained

Also download the latest iPad app "The Engineers' Quick Start Guide" on the Apple app store.
There will be PDF version of this coming early next week as well.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Re: Firmware Update

Hi Guys,

We have a X32 Live! Webinar happening this coming Friday:

X32 and Waves MultiRack

Join us for a Webinar on April 19

Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/333582847
This Webinar will go over how to use the X32's XUF USB/Firewire card to interface with Waves Multirack Native plug-in host application.
Title:
X32 and Waves MultiRack
Date:
Friday, April 19, 2013
Time:
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM PDT
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

Hope you can make it!

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Where's the beef?

I find it interesting that the P16-M have been backordered for 3 months+ now, and I just found out that that it will be at least another month and a half more till they are guesstimated to arrive at the USA distributor, Starin. Right now there is absolutely no way for Starin to know any tracking information at all on the container that is heading to them, or even if anything is currently heading to them at all (from the info that I seem to get). We all have customers waiting - Would someone from Behringer please post some information on the this? I know this isn't life or death or anything, but still...

Why is this happening? Hello? ...Anyone? ...Bueller? ...Bueller?

Feature request.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard(ish) to select the right band when I'm using the surface controls to tweak eq. looking at the screen at the same time (yes I do use my ears, but the screen gives me the information to prevent me from tweaking a band I don't want to touch)
Would it be a good idea to have the selected band highlighted on the screen, maybe something like this?
Skjermbilde.JPG

Thoughts?

Re: Where's the beef?

I find it interesting that the P16-M have been backordered for 3 months+ now, and I just found out that that it will be at least another month and a half more till they are guesstimated to arrive at the USA distributor, Starin. Right now there is absolutely no way for Starin to know any tracking information at all on the container that is heading to them, or even if anything is currently heading to them at all (from the info that I seem to get). We all have customers waiting - Would someone from Behringer please post some information on the this? I know this isn't life or death or anything, but still...

Why is this happening? Hello? ...Anyone? ...Bueller? ...Bueller?

Because they're all over at Tecnec. :lol: I got my client's 8 last week.

Re: Feature request.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard(ish) to select the right band when I'm using the surface controls to tweak eq. looking at the screen at the same time (yes I do use my ears, but the screen gives me the information to prevent me from tweaking a band I don't want to touch)
Would it be a good idea to have the selected band highlighted on the screen, maybe something like this?
View attachment 6638

Thoughts?

The width of the selected adjustment bar could be increased...I'd also like to see the numeric frequency floating ON the bar, not in a separate window above the encoder that I don't use because the frequency, Q etc are frustratingly on separate pages. I never use the encoders under the screen for this reason.

Last edited:
Routing sequence query

This is really a mixdown Q. I am routing the drum kit elements to a subgroup to do a little overall compression ( the drum kit channels being unassigned from main outs and subgroup assigned to main outs)
- but I also want to control the overall drum kit level with a DCA to sit along side controlling overall levels of other part of the mix - i.e. bass, gtrs, keys & vox .

Which is best
-assign the drum channels directly to the DCA
-or assign the drum kit subgroup busses to the DCA ?

or does it make any difference

Ta

Last edited:
Re: Routing sequence query

I don't think it doesn't make any difference, but I use the channels directly, so you can easily add / remove some of them, and for clarity / overview.

Well... if one is sending EFX (reverb, most likely) from the input strips, the EFX send will vary with the channel levels if the channels are assigned to the VCA. If the Groups are assigned to the VCA, only the DRY signal will be changed in level.

Re: Routing sequence query

I don't think it doesn't make any difference, but I use the channels directly, so you can easily add / remove some of them, and for clarity / overview.

Thanks for the very prompt reply -

I see......

If the channels are directly assigned to the DCA and you remove them - then as they are still assigned to the subgroup they will go to the main outputs as per the fader levels via the subgroup. Same if there was no subgroup in the path and the channels were directly routed to the main outs.

Now doing it the other way to remove from DCA control- would need to unassign a channel from the subgroup then the channel would effectively be muted - i.e no longer goes to subgroup or main outs and not under control of the DCA- effectively the same as muting the channel.

So your way is probably best!

Nick