X32 Discussion

Re: Routing sequence query

Hello

Having CHANNELS controlled with DCA has the advantage , that you can control with the dca how hard you push against the compressor without having to bring up compressor settings - if you have free dca:s, you could have another control the subs ( assuming compressor is set PRE sub-fader ) , then one dca would feed compressor and second would be master level for drums - then endless variations follow by choosing which channels are controlled by which dca etc etc etc .....

Just my two bits...

Re: Routing sequence query

Hello

Having CHANNELS controlled with DCA has the advantage , that you can control with the dca how hard you push against the compressor without having to bring up compressor settings - if you have free dca:s, you could have another control the subs ( assuming compressor is set PRE sub-fader ) , then one dca would feed compressor and second would be master level for drums - then endless variations follow by choosing which channels are controlled by which dca etc etc etc .....

Just my two bits...

good point - I'm glad I asked the question!

X32 recording on Two Computers at once for redundancy

Subject line says it all.

For our church services, I'm currently recording 48 tracks from 2 X32's via FireWire [Aggregate Device] to a Mac using Reaper. I've basically worked out all the bugs with this and it works well. However, I'm a big fan of backups and backups to my backups. Eventually i'm going to get a couple X32 racks and use them for a completely redundancy recording system. In the meantime, I'd like to at least record to two computers simultaneously.

So, idea One would be to run my two FireWire cables into two Hubs and use those to split the signals to two computers. No idea if that would work. Just throwing it out there, as i did that with Video over FireWire back in the day and worked just fine.

Idea Two would be to somehow access the audio stream from Computer One and Send it over to Computer Two via Ethernet. Anybody got any ideas on how i'd do that little trick?

Idea Three would be to get the Lynx AES50 card [i think that's who makes it], and record the AES50 stream since that would support all 48 channels i need.

Or i'm open to an Idea Four if someone's got something better to try. As always, since this is a church budget is always an issue. Cheaper beats slicker every time.

Thanks for any and all responses.

brian

Re: X32 recording on Two Computers at once for redundancy

For our church services, I'm currently recording 48 tracks from 2 X32's via FireWire [Aggregate Device] to a Mac using Reaper. I've basically worked out all the bugs with this and it works well. However, I'm a big fan of backups and backups to my backups. Eventually i'm going to get a couple X32 racks and use them for a completely redundancy recording system. In the meantime, I'd like to at least record to two computers simultaneously.
brian

If I had the spare auxes available I think I'd be sorely tempted to just use a post-fade aux or matrix as a record mix, send it out to a computer with a two-channel interface, and call it good. Do you really need redundancy on all 48 tracks? (Not saying you don't, just asking).

Subject line says it all.

Are all of your inputs local (or analog snake) or via S16's? If S16's couldn't you take the ADAT outputs directly from the S16's to your computer via FiWi interface such as Motu2408/M-Audio Profire 2626 or similar?

I may be wrong just trying to think that through.

If I had the spare auxes available I think I'd be sorely tempted to just use a post-fade aux or matrix as a record mix, send it out to a computer with a two-channel interface, and call it good. Do you really need redundancy on all 48 tracks? (Not saying you don't, just asking).

i do actually need/want that redundancy. we run full video iMag and i remix everything in post for DVDs, CDs, etc. i Do record a stereo mix {from two different sources} to our video recorders as well. It's saved my butt a few times.

I'm currently using two Alesis HD24's for my multi-track capture, but having the X32s has made it too tempting to finally go with a DAW solution. That being said, the HD24s have been rock solid, so i don't want to give up that reliability.

Re: X32 Behringer don't like me and won't let me join their forum

I had to smile (but am really pretty cross) I'm very positive about the X32, and use this forum regularly, but the other day decided to join the Behringer forum - but you need to be approved - and they turned me down, and damn bluntly too!
Dear paul johnson,

Unfortunately your registration at Forums did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
Forums
Lovely - especially as I have loads of their products, let alone my X32! Maybe I'm too old, or ugly? There's no mention of membership requirements I can find, so rather a kick in the teeth that they don't want me - not exactly friendly - I've been deleted!
Paul

ps at the top of their forum page is the Facebook details and there are some of my friends, and it says I have liked it - I wish there was an unlike button!

I had to smile (but am really pretty cross) I'm very positive about the X32, and use this forum regularly, but the other day decided to join the Behringer forum - but you need to be approved - and they turned me down, and damn bluntly too!

Lovely - especially as I have loads of their products, let alone my X32! Maybe I'm too old, or ugly? There's no mention of membership requirements I can find, so rather a kick in the teeth that they don't want me - not exactly friendly - I've been deleted!
Paul

ps at the top of their forum page is the Facebook details and there are some of my friends, and it says I have liked it - I wish there was an unlike button!

What requirements did you not meet?

Paul

As I am both old and ugly, and they accepted me that is probably not the reason :)

I have been denied access to some forums previously due to my geographical location (Melbourne, Australia) but I got in OK at Behringer. It is well worth the effort as it is a very informative place to hang out.

Hope you get it sorted

Michael (the ugly, old) Evans
Melbourne, Australia

Paul, given that message, I am guessing the reason is that you didn't capitalize your full name. I seem to remember that this was specifically requested.

Ah - no,I didn't capitalise it - I'll try again then. Paul

EDIT - it doesn't ask for capitalisation, just your real name - so I'll see if it makes a difference.
EDIT 2 - I got the sign up email and now this
Thank you for registering, Paul Johnson. Your account has been submitted for moderation by an administrator and will be activated shortly. You will be notified by email when this happens. To return to the forums, click here

Second time lucky, or maybe a different moderator who might like me..........

Last edited:

Ah - no,I didn't capitalise it - I'll try again then. Paul

EDIT - it doesn't ask for capitalisation, just your real name - so I'll see if it makes a difference.
EDIT 2 - I got the sign up email and now this

Second time lucky, or maybe a different moderator who might like me..........

Hello

Out of curiosity I decided to sign in forum, too - still waiting for activation-email....
I can sign in and read, but not write or look at my profile.

Meanwhile I found, that there are folks named - AndyVintage - jenkinsj - henryklein - hardly what I would think as "real name".....

Writing as Guest - how !!! - humhead -

Perhaps it is like in "Animal farm" - all animals are equal - but some animals are more equal than others.

Nuuska - NO - it is not my real name :)))

Meanwhile I found, that there are folks named - AndyVintage - jenkinsj - henryklein - hardly what I would think as "real name".....

Writing as Guest - how !!! - humhead -

Perhaps it is like in "Animal farm" - all animals are equal - but some animals are more equal than others.

It is probably a function of updating the registration rules in the forum set-up, and those who have names that don't comply are ones that registered earlier and haven't yet got their name adjusted to the latest requirements.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry for any troubles joining the BEHRINGER forum. I just contacted our forum admin. He had the following to say:

"Did he sign up for the forum under his real name, as per the "real name policy?" This accounts for 99.9% of the registration deletions. I would suggest he try again with his real name, formatted as two words. If he signed up as say, joesmith1978, then it might have gotten mixed up with the 300+ spam accounts we delete daily".

I would recommend to try again setting up your account. If you are still having issues please let me know and I will help further.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER