X32 Discussion

Re: S16 & Console SetUp Questions

For what it's worth, the first gig I did with the S16s and CAT5 snake, I had an analog snake as backup.
Since that gig, the analog snake has stayed at home. In fact, I think it's listed on eBay right now...
I do have a second CAT5 reel just in case, but when you think about it, I only ever went out with one analog snake, so now I have redundancy that I never had before, and I can still lift it with one finger!
Carrying analog seems like 'belt and braces', but once you've got the hang of running the full system thru CAT5, it's just taking up space on the truck.

Karl.

Re: X32 Noisy Cooling Fan

Hi Ian and Declan,

in the last past days i try many differend situartions with and without the ew300 and other sources.

I solder into the ew300 the 47nf C´s and try all again but still i am a littel bit unhappy with the resulotion and the result. When i plug in the EW300 (with the C´s, example into OUT 5 ) you can "hear" that it have affect on the other output Channels. ( On Channel 1 there was a Aktiv Monitor on 0db )

I never have this effects with my good old 01v96 that you can hear when i plugt in other mic´s or Line sourses or output sourses.

Is Walter the German contact ? When not please send me a pm. Thanks !

With best regards

Glenn Teuber

Dear Glenn

If you are still having issues you would like some technical assistance with please PM me.

I can provide a German speaker if you would prefer.

Thanks

Ian Riley
VP CARE
MUSIC Group
Behringer

Re: Feature request.

Hi Per,

I checked with RND and this should be addressed in Firmware V2.
Do not have release date as of yet.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Hi All
my first post here, but I had contact with the UK dept. before,
and I suggested a facelift for the EQ...

...from my post to the UK dept.:Now preparing for 1-2 X32,
but as I mentioned before,the x32 EQ could need a face lift,
something like this...
MOTU.com - 7-band EQ

I am mixing live / recording multitrack with the Motu 896mk3 boxes
since they came out,and this EQ is some awesome EQ IMPOV.
I was waiting for the X32 since anouncement,
and lately the compatibility for Mac OS 10.6.8 was added,
so my dealstopper is still the EQ...
Is there an update planed for the EQ in V2 firmware ?

I would like to note, that plug-in compatibility for Mac / AU would be some insane game changer too
What do you guys think ?
Thanks for listening and
best regards from Switzerland

Klaus

Last edited:
Re: X32 Noisy Cooling Fan

Hi Ian and Declan,

in the last past days i try many differend situartions with and without the ew300 and other sources.

I solder into the ew300 the 47nf C´s and try all again but still i am a littel bit unhappy with the resulotion and the result. When i plug in the EW300 (with the C´s, example into OUT 5 ) you can "hear" that it have affect on the other output Channels. ( On Channel 1 there was a Aktiv Monitor on 0db )

I never have this effects with my good old 01v96 that you can hear when i plugt in other mic´s or Line sourses or output sourses.

Is Walter the German contact ? When not please send me a pm. Thanks !

With best regards

Glenn Teuber

Dear Glenn

I have sent you a PM & will arrange for a German speaker to try & assist you

Thanks

Ian Riley
VP CARE
MUSIC Group
Behringer

Re: X32-router-laptop?

The issue is on the ethernet between X32 and Airport. Unfortunately, both the Airport Express and the X32 do not allow you to disable the speed negotiation nor MDX.

Use Airport Utility 5.6 for Mac OSX or Windows

It should let you manually set the configuration of the Ethernet port. I appreciate where Apple was going with the new AirPort utility, but I'm still dismayed to get real control of things you have to use the older AirPort utility. I had hoped Apple would have updated the new AirPort utility by now - oh well.

I was afraid they X32 wouldn't let you manually set the ethernet port - hopefully if you are plugging the X32 into the ethernet on the AirPort Express directly and by manually setting the AirPort Express ports that will solve the issue.

Auto Negotiation has caused more problems for me in the most inconvenient of times. It's great when it works.

EDIT: Another solution - add a managed switch where you can control the ports. I'm a real fan of the HP ProCurve's - heres a small 8 port that's only $130: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833316701

Not bad for a fully featured switch - it's classified as rack-mountable. It's not clear if it comes with the rack-mount parts or if it's a separate purchase. I do know it's wall mountable out of the box so you can attach it to the inside of a road case, for example. They have an easy to use web based GUI and the real reason I'm only really buying HP these days - lifetime warranty. I've used NetGear in the past, but after a few firmware updates where I had to pay for a maintenance contract to get support that kind of soured me on them - the price difference between Netgear or the "other" guys and HP is negligible - I just buy HP now.

Last edited:
Re: X32 Rack other uses

Just had a thought, the X32 rack would make a great networked home audio system, have one main unit with all the master ins and use the AES50 connection to route it around the house, there's enough outputs for 5.1 and you would still have some local i/o for example for an iPod dock or TV you could have basic control via the front panel and full control via XControl. You could even have 1 rack outputting to multiple zones and then just use the auxes as zone level controls as you would with monitors. Combine it with some small active speakers and you are away.

Re: X32 Rack other uses

image.jpg

My kid loves the 'new remote' for the tv.

I had to try :))

btw, it took him less than one minute to locate the power switch. In this photo he's only 2-1/2!

Just had a thought, the X32 rack would make a great networked home audio system, have one main unit with all the master ins and use the AES50 connection to route it around the house, there's enough outputs for 5.1 and you would still have some local i/o for example for an iPod dock or TV you could have basic control via the front panel and full control via XControl. You could even have 1 rack outputting to multiple zones and then just use the auxes as zone level controls as you would with monitors. Combine it with some small active speakers and you are away.

Re: X32 and XI control.

I was doing a show this weekend where there was no room for a FOH position. I ended up with the X32 on top of the amp rack on the stage. I was able to mix the whole night off the Ipad while sitting at the bar. (no beer for me while mixing on this night) I was amazed how easy it was to get around with the app. I set up my DCA's to make it possible to mix on one page for the most part. No problem also mixing the mon's either. This is the first time I mixed a whole show this way. I have done some part time mixing from the Ipad when the mix position was not so ideal but to do the whole night, well it was weird. Thanks should go out to the development staff at Behringer for creating such a great app. I also had a new friend buy an X32 and is selling his Presonus 24.4.2. I think he will find this app a valuable tool.

"Surround Sound" controller.

I may have a new venue where the layout would really support a simple 4:1 setup at least. Subs will be aux fed, downstairs L/R mains, upstairs L/R mains, downstairs L/R back, upstairs L/R back.
Configurations? Ideas? Any kind of midi controller that would enable simple "joystick" function?

Re: "Surround Sound" controller.

I may have a new venue where the layout would really support a simple 4:1 setup at least. Subs will be aux fed, downstairs L/R mains, upstairs L/R mains, downstairs L/R back, upstairs L/R back.
Configurations? Ideas? Any kind of midi controller that would enable simple "joystick" function?

Maybe like this? -->

Subs will be aux fed = Mono out
downstairs L/R mains = Mains L/R
upstairs L/R mains = Matrix 1/2
downstairs L/R back = Matrix 3/4
upstairs L/R back = Matrix 5/6

You would need some way to convert the midi information to that suitable for the x32 but here's an option Wheel Electronics Info just add you joystick of choice.

Haven't tried this yet, but you should be able to combine a program like mjoy with a translator like moco to achieve what you want

I was doing a show this weekend where there was no room for a FOH position. I ended up with the X32 on top of the amp rack on the stage. I was able to mix the whole night off the Ipad while sitting at the bar

This is how I've been running shows almost exclusively as a lot of shows I've done recently only required 7 or 8 channels. I only still use DCAs so I can also control FX returns on the same page as guitars and vocals.

It also makes sound check easier as I'am effectively a monitor engineer at first, then become FOH at a table in the back of the room for the rest of the night. It's pretty slick I must say. I have absolutely loved using the x32.

Does anyone have a firm ship date on the X32 Producer or X32 Compact? All I can find is "Shipping May 2013" I am in need of a new digital console and would love it to be an X32 Compact or Producer.

Thanks,

Todd

Android vs Apple remote

Just put my order in for an X32, just wondered if there was any progress on an android app? if not, Ill look at using my PC and remote desktop it.

Hello

I understand it was made clear many moons ago, that since all androids are not alike, Behringer has no chance/interest to develope all those different android apps. Why don´t you just buy an iPad ? Having an android-tablet already is no excuse. Most X32 buyers had/have one or more mixers already. And still we bought a new one. Many of us have more stuff than we need at one time, but considering X32 is some 3000,- then what is another 3-400,- for remote - especially, when the rest of your rig - mic´s, amps, cabs, cables - easily total 10.000,-

If it is about hating Apple , then by all means by a laptop and android. I have PC:s and Apples - many of both - and they both are great at some jobs and impossible in others - so I make my life easy by having both.

Most things with remote control can use only the one that came with it and the remotes are useless elsewhere - same would propably be true with dedicated Behringer X32 remote unit. Thanks god they chose to use iPad.

Last edited:
Sticky Buttons

Anybody had a problem with and then a fix for sticky buttons?

A console went to a local college on a three week rental, and when it came back two of the mute group buttons were stuck. I was able to work and work one of them and it is OK now, but the other one still locks up.

Pushing it once changes the state, but the next push doesn't do anything. Pushing it to the left lets it pop up, and then it's ready to be pushed again to change states. It then needs to be pushed to the left again to be ready for action.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dan