X32 Discussion

Re: Sticky Buttons

I don't have a solution but wanted to say on my three month old X32 the second button on the Bus Sends gets stuck in the down position. I can un stick it by pulling it up between my fingers. I'm the only one who uses this board, I rarely use the Buss Sends buttons or encoders as I'm faster using Sends On Fader to accomplish the same thing. It also had a high pitch whine on the headphone outputs. Build date code is 12-9

The board is on its way to the Nevada Service center for warranty repair, $80 in shipping and insurance, at my cost. :-(.

Even though I could have just used Sends On Fader and be ok, this kind of little non working cheap stuff drives me crazy, and then have pay shipping to get it working again.

i like the board, I just hope this is it for warranty repairs.

I've owned three LS9's, never ever had a problem with iffy faders, buttons or something going wrong.

Mike

Anybody had a problem with and then a fix for sticky buttons?

A console went to a local college on a three week rental, and when it came back two of the mute group buttons were stuck. I was able to work and work one of them and it is OK now, but the other one still locks up.

Pushing it once changes the state, but the next push doesn't do anything. Pushing it to the left lets it pop up, and then it's ready to be pushed again to change states. It then needs to be pushed to the left again to be ready for action.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dan

A console went to a local college on a three week rental, and when it came back two of the mute group buttons were stuck. I was able to work and work one of them and it is OK now, but the other one still locks up.

Pushing it once changes the state, but the next push doesn't do anything. Pushing it to the left lets it pop up, and then it's ready to be pushed again to change states. It then needs to be pushed to the left again to be ready for action.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dan

Dang ... my Mute Group 1 button did the same thing this weekend.

I'm wondering if a contact cleaner/lubricant would be appropriate ? Something that would not harm plastic or other components.

Dang ... my Mute Group 1 button did the same thing this weekend.

I'm wondering if a contact cleaner/lubricant would be appropriate ? Something that would not harm plastic or other components.

Dear Bob

It is not a common reported fault on the X32.
To date we have shipped in excess of 30,000 units.
I can confirm we do not recommend you using a contact / lubricant as this will potentially cause additional damage, and not fix the issue, and further, would in-validate your warranty, and we all do not want this result.
Our CARE facility in Nevada, is fully set up to handle your repair, and is there to help you.
I will PM you with the various options.

Thanks

Ian Riley
VP Care
MUSIC Group
Behringer

Re: X32 Noisy Cooling Fan

Just put my order in for an X32, just wondered if there was any progress on an android app? if not, Ill look at using my PC and remote desktop it.

Dear Tim,

The Android app is being developed but we do not have a release date as of yet. XControl is a great solution in the mean time as you can us this wirelessly as well.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

:lol:

I was thinking a mechanical problem needs a mechanical solution, like hammer and chisel.....

:razz:

This sounds like a similar problem that I used to run into with a couple of SoundCraft Lx7 consoles I had the displeasure of using years ago... if you pressed a mute button, bus assign or PFL button just slightly the wrong way, it would get hung up and stuck on the chassis. The best part was if you let go of them just right on the release of the button, you could launch it up in the air, kinda like a piece of toast popping out of a toaster... good times trying to find the PFL buttons on the floor during the set breaks!

The bottom line on those console was.... wait for it.... the build quality was shit. I didn't hate the console, but the build quality took an otherwise useable little console into a realm of sucking that it should not have been otherwise a part of.

Oh, I forgot to mention... Behringer has sold 30,000 units of the X32 console to date.... just seems like the trendy thing to include in EVERY post these days. I foresee this turning into a McDonalds style... "30 billion served" type counter that we're gonna have to hear about for the rest of eternity.

Just sold an X32 console to a client last month to replace his ILive-112 and IDR-48 after it gave him the "white screen of death" on boot for a few weeks, then the "black screen of death" - that it never recovered from (no crazy reset procedure with dip switches could fix)

He loves his new X32, he says it's fun to mix on, not "daunting" like the ILive, and he says it has "better high end" also...

Not too bad for 1/10th the cost!

Like my mechanic might say:

Jack up the board lights and slip an iLive under them......

Just sold an X32 console to a client last month to replace his ILive-112 and IDR-48 after it gave him the "white screen of death" on boot for a few weeks, then the "black screen of death" - that it never recovered from (no crazy reset procedure with dip switches could fix)

He loves his new X32, he says it's fun to mix on, not "daunting" like the ILive, and he says it has "better high end" also...

Not too bad for 1/10th the cost!

I would be happy to buy the broken Ilive...send him my way if he still has it.

Android app

Dear Tim,

The Android app is being developed but we do not have a release date as of yet. XControl is a great solution in the mean time as you can us this wirelessly as well.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Thats great, thanks.

Timo, its nothing to do with hating apple, they are not my first choice for many things, but its more down to preference than anything else.
My main thing is, I already have many apps/tools already purchased for Android, which would be useless on an Apple device, and one of the main factors for getting the X32 is to reduce the amount of stuff I need to carry, ok an ipad is not as large as a couple of racks of outboard, but right now, I would only have one use for it.
Ill stick with the puter and remote desktop for now.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dan

Soda dripped down inside?

This sounds like a similar problem that I used to run into with a couple of SoundCraft Lx7 consoles I had the displeasure of using years ago... if you pressed a mute button, bus assign or PFL button just slightly the wrong way, it would get hung up and stuck on the chassis. The best part was if you let go of them just right on the release of the button, you could launch it up in the air, kinda like a piece of toast popping out of a toaster... good times trying to find the PFL buttons on the floor during the set breaks!

It wasn't just you. I had to use cyanoacrylate on them. Incidentally, that was the last board I used prior to the X32.

Re: X32 Discussion

Something came up earlier this week when I learned that a visually impaired individual at our church runs sound on the X32. He voiced that it was impossible to detect whether a channel was muted since the buttons were momentary. Is Mute information transmitted over MIDI? In other words, can I interface a tactile system that would give indication of a muted channel?

Never mind. Google still has all the answers. :)

Last edited:
Re: X32 Discussion

I've managed to damage a 1/4" input inside the X32 (Aux 6 input) Must have stood on the cable somehow and pulled the cord out but broke the actual 1/4" jack. I still can't believe this.

The very end tip of the jack has remained inside the Aux 6 input and I can't see how to remove it.

Anybody had such an experience?

Looks like I would have to take the X32 apart to get at the remaining tip part which is not what I plan to attempt. That I would leave to a Behringer approved repair place (and it would not be under warranty for such a repair of course).

Is there some way of getting this out without such a tear apart?

I can see inside the Aux 6 port and it does not look easy to get at that tip.

I can confirm we do not recommend you using a contact / lubricant as this will potentially cause additional damage, and not fix the issue, and further, would in-validate your warranty, and we all do not want this result.

That's the thing though, a warranty that takes your paddle away when you are up shit creek is not really a warranty that means anything to users that rely on actually having to use the product.
If it blows up, then I'll be happy to send it back and get it replaced, but shipping across a continent and waiting two to three weeks to solve some non-terminal problem, possibly paying for expensive shipping, then owning and using the board potentially becomes more of a hazzle than it is worth. I do appreciate that no manufacturer will let you start spraying stuff into their equipment, and most of us will reserve the self repair and home cooking to equipment that is out of warranty, but parting with vital equipment for a long period to solve minor problems sure is a pita.

Last edited:

That's the thing though, a warranty that takes your paddle away when you are up shit creek is not really a warranty that means anything to users that rely on actually having to use the product.
If it blows up, then I'll be happy to send it back and get it replaced, but shipping across a continent and waiting two to three weeks to solve some non-terminal problem, possibly paying for expensive shipping, then owning and using the board potentially becomes more of a hazzle than it is worth. I do appreciate that no manufacturer wikll let you start spraying stuff into their equipment, and most of us will reserve the self repair and home cooking to equipment that is out of warranty, but parting with vital equipment for a long period to solve minor problems sure is a pita.

Hi Per,

Since this is essentially a computer, I think what the computer people say about data backup applies:

If you have one, you really have none;

If you have two, you have one;

Three or more and you are sufficiently backed up.

Back when this console was not yet released but the features and price point were becoming apparent, I got yelled at in the other forum I frequent by suggesting that the X32 was reasonably-priced enough that it was worthwhile to have a spare on hand at all times. That way, when it needed to be serviced, you weren't up a creek. The yellers were saying stuff about how they bought it and expect it to work, they didn't have problems with X device so why should they accept problems with this one, etc. etc. etc.

When it was pointed out that we routinely carried spare console power supplies which could cost virtually as much as this console, and how much more bang for the buck we get with this console vs. a spare power supply, there were muted apologies.

Granted, this may be a stretch for Junior Varsity people who are not making a living from their investment, as is in the JV definition on this forum, but you're getting Varsity features for the most part, at a JV price. If you expect the Full Varsity experience there is a price to be paid, and having backup when the original stops working is part of the definition of Being Ready for the Gig.

Having two consoles means you have one console if one has a problem preventing its use.

Whether it's a good investment to ship the console to a service center to fix one sticky mute group button is another discussion. For myself, I am going to wait until closer to the end of the warranty period to see if other issues come up with that individual console so they can all be fixed at once.

My US$.02.

Dan

Hi Dan,

I agree with you in a perfect world this could apply. In a perfect world i would be operating another desk. But this ain't always the case and putting it out there the way you do is far from realistic. It might apply to a rental comapny but i guess many of the x32's are also being used in small venues.

And the guy operating it might not have the appreciation of your disector in levels as clearly as you have it. I for one are am a very pro audio guy but i don't do that to guys that know less then me. Because those guys can be me in a little while. JVL or VL what does it mean really? There are some really talented people out there.

Back on subject. The X32 packs a bunch for a low price we are all aware of that i think. Many clubs are buying them and a lot of newer people need to operate them. Lot's of clubs don't have the budget of buying two of these consoles. They are just happy they can buy one. Keep the old desk as a spare is my message to them. Because of any digital desk being able to fail. Not very likely but it can happen. Don't sell it for the extra cash just keep it doing nothing. It's always good to know the show can go on..