X32 Discussion

Re: Webinars on youtube

Please Guys can you help me? Any ideas.

My brain has reached it´s limits I think

Regards Gunnar Åkerlund

I guess exporting the show and posting it here could be a start, maybe someone can spot something unusual. I'm asking for a show export because the scene might not tell everything (it is possible that when you imported to the X32 that works, that some setting that might be the culprit didn't get transferred because of global settings, but that is a long shot).

For possible causes of the whine, the effects section is the most obvious, but with all that routing going on with the S16s, one could inadvertingly cause a loop somewhere, and sometimes this might not be obvious unless you also take the S16 modi into account, so it would be helpful to know what modus they are set to. The latter is an absolute long shot and I can't even explain how it happens, but I got something like that when the S16 was connected and not set to the correct mode (I think, didn't really figure it out because I never figured out what was the cause and what was the actual setting at the time)

With the X32 and the two S16 in different locations, maybe being powered from different circuits etc., there is a possibility of some ground loop induced interference, static discharge etc. that might cause something, who knows?

Last edited:
Re: Bass guitar through DI settings?

Is just me?? all of you Xcontrol users have the program running flawlessly?

To be honest, last time I did use xcontrol was in februari. With older versions on both x32 and xcontrol. The laptop was wireless connected through a router. Also an ipad was used. The laptop was an old dell D620, some not so fast duo core. This was without any problems.

Last week I had problems with my ipad, but I believe this had more to do with hundreds of people in front of my router antenne. Next time I want to try an extender or place the router/antenne above the audience...
This router's antenne can be detached, but I'm not sure which type of connector it is, I know you have so much almost similar coax connectors (SMA, SMC etc.)
Otherwise a antenne cable to put the antenne higher could also be a solution.

Re: Wiki Manual

Mateusz Ciesiółka;57352 said:
I guess it should be more like Wikibooks than Wikipedia. Otherwise it will be second "forum" based on MediaWiki instead of vBulletin.

Dicipline is the key here. While the "Talk"-section of each page certainly can get cluttered with stuff, the actual content pages should be kept clean and any content properly vetted.
Besides, MediaWiki is already installed, and changing the software will probably result in another few months of delay :razz:

Tracktor Code?

So I registered my new X32 on-line on Friday. My understanding is that this should trigger an e-mail with a code for the free copy of Tracktor, but I haven't had it yet. Obviously, it was the weekend, but do I have to do anything else to trigger this?

Re: Tracktor Code?

So I registered my new X32 on-line on Friday. My understanding is that this should trigger an e-mail with a code for the free copy of Tracktor, but I haven't had it yet. Obviously, it was the weekend, but do I have to do anything else to trigger this?

Just send a follow up email to support. I did and after I provided the info needed, they sent the code within minutes.

I got a mail from news(at)music-group.com on the 16th., but that was for a 50% discount and the product was registered months ago. Hard to tell if new registrations trigger an automatic response or if someone has to initialize it, you should probably give it a couple of days.

On the subject of product registration, most other manufacturers let you create an account and subsequent registrations are easy, redemtion codes are there for the download etc. The Behringer system doesn't seem to be very good i comparison.

Re: Hard drive recording card

I won't mind mixing a band just with a mouse and keyboard, but I'm so used to this, that it works for me. Beside my SAC background, recording in studio is also just mouse+keyboard for me.
Once I bought a DAW controller, because everyone told me, how that improved their mixes and workflow. Well...I tried it for two days and went back to mouse+keyboard very soon:)

I did a small show off of my IBM Tablet last fall, no more than 9 inputs. I think I would want a control surface once I got past 10-12 inputs. X32 Rack looks so cool though.

Dear Simon,

Please send me a PM if you have not yet received your code.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Last edited:
Re: X32 Discussion

The scribble strips can be adjusted in contrast from 0-100%, so they are actually quite good to read in a open air scenario. Even the illuminated buttons and the backlit of the LCD can be adjusted, what comes in handy, when working in a theatrical enviroment, where bright displays and buttons might be disturbing for the audience.

Hi!

does someone (and in particular Christian, as you stated it's possible) know exactly how to change the contrast of the scribble strips ? I doubt it's actually possible to change these values individually.

I have recently acquired a X32 and the 9th scribble strip is considerably darker than the others. When you look at the board from the top you can't even read what's written (full black). When you look at it from the front, you can barely see a difference with other scribble strips. It's not really a big issue but I'm considering sending it back to get it checked. What do you think ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
iPad app wish.

Is there a way that the 'page' I am on can be recalled.. say when in DCA mode...I am on the home page. If I switch to another function...say channel EQ mode, I would like to go directly back to the DCA home page when I reselect DCA mode. Now I have to choose DCA and click on home to get back where I left off. Trying to find fewer keystroke procedures.

Re: iPad app wish.

Is there a way that the 'page' I am on can be recalled.. say when in DCA mode...I am on the home page. If I switch to another function...say channel EQ mode, I would like to go directly back to the DCA home page when I reselect DCA mode. Now I have to choose DCA and click on home to get back where I left off. Trying to find fewer keystroke procedures.

Press same view button again (eq in this case)?

Re: X32 Discussion

Hi!

does someone (and in particular Christian, as you stated it's possible) know exactly how to change the contrast of the scribble strips ? I doubt it's actually possible to change these values individually.

I have recently acquired a X32 and the 9th scribble strip is considerably darker than the others. When you look at the board from the top you can't even read what's written (full black). When you look at it from the front, you can barely see a difference with other scribble strips. It's not really a big issue but I'm considering sending it back to get it checked. What do you think ?

Thanks !

Have a look at section 7.5.1 of the manual.
It's a global control.
You can select different colours for the background for each channel, black being one, but the overall contrast is one setting.

HTH.

Karl.

X32 setup problems (Changed)

Changed Header!!

I guess exporting the show and posting it here could be a start, maybe someone can spot something unusual. I'm asking for a show export because the scene might not tell everything (it is possible that when you imported to the X32 that works, that some setting that might be the culprit didn't get transferred because of global settings, but that is a long shot).

Per

The setup day started with that I loaded the show that I prepared at home. So I think that the bands and my X32 is Global alike.

The S16 A was put in mode 1-8 and S16 B in mode 9-16, so when we started every in/out/P16 was playing as wanted.
All equiment had power from the same outlet.
The P16 worked fine berfore lunchbrake (connected to S16 B), but after it seemed to have the same outputs as X32 1-16.
When trying to find what was wrong the P16 worked as supposed connected to X32 and S16 A but not to B.
After when connected S16 B to S16 A (serial) the P16 worked fine :?~:-?~:???:

Please change name from .doc to .zip on attached showfile.
The used scenes in this case is scene 11 and 12.

Anymore ideas??

Attachments

• X32W.doc
    108.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Re: X32 setup problems (Changed)

Well, it seems your AES routings are changing between scenes, in scene 11 P16 9-16 is going to both 33-40 and 41-48 on B, and other funny things going on with the AES routing, so I would take a close look at those and see if you have some of the explanation there.
A small blip in the power might have reset the mode on both S16 and glitched the X32, but you would not notice on the S16 that was already in default mode. The difference between the consoles, allthough you think they both have the same showfile and scenefiles could be explained by some corruption that may or may not become apparent if you export show from both consoles and do a file comparison, I use WinMerge.

I see that in scene 11, fx4 has become an insert, but can't tell where it is inserted. My personal experience is when you start messing about with the effects routing, funny things happen and I get the feeling that either I or the console is suffering a small aneurism. Could just be me though, but there might be something there that would explain the noise.

I see that in scene 11, fx4 has become an insert, but can't tell where it is inserted. My personal experience is when you start messing about with the effects routing, funny things happen and I get the feeling that either I or the console is suffering a small aneurism. Could just be me though, but there might be something there that would explain the noise.[/QUOTE]

It looked to me that he had the Desser inserted on the Verb. Which may cause a problem. On Scene 11

Well, it seems your AES routings are changing between scenes, in scene 11 P16 9-16 is going to both 33-40 and 41-48 on B, and other funny things going on with the AES routing, so I would take a close look at those and see if you have some of the explanation there.
A small blip in the power might have reset the mode on both S16 and glitched the X32, but you would not notice on the S16 that was already in default mode. The difference between the consoles, allthough you think they both have the same showfile and scenefiles could be explained by some corruption that may or may not become apparent if you export show from both consoles and do a file comparison, I use WinMerge.

I see that in scene 11, fx4 has become an insert, but can't tell where it is inserted. My personal experience is when you start messing about with the effects routing, funny things happen and I get the feeling that either I or the console is suffering a small aneurism. Could just be me though, but there might be something there that would explain the noise.

Per!

I can´t really see why any routing on AESB should be in conflict with P16. Doesn´t it have it´s own exclusive routing.
The FX4 is not used.
Part of the search for errors was changing the S16 B´s parameters. But what´s bugging me is that we use 2 outputs from S16 B and they worked even thou the P16 didn´t have the P16 routing.
The routing on B 33-40. 41-48 are newer used, using on only 2 S16, are they:?~:-?~:???:??

Per!

I can´t really see why any routing on AESB should be in conflict with P16. Doesn´t it have it´s own exclusive routing.
The FX4 is not used.
Part of the search for errors was changing the S16 B´s parameters. But what´s bugging me is that we use 2 outputs from S16 B and they worked even thou the P16 didn´t have the P16 routing.
The routing on B 33-40. 41-48 are newer used, using on only 2 S16, are they:?~:-?~:???:??

P16 comes off 33-48 by default, and is routed to those channels both on A and B. Remember we are talking 48 channel duplex here, what goes up the way isn't the same as what comes down, so allthough 33-48 to the console would normally only be used for a third S16, the outputs 33-48 from the console is what normally carries the P16 channels. Mess with this, and funny things happen.
If fx4 is not being used, I would prefer turning it off, not leaving it in insert mode. I can't tell you why, because I haven't figured it out, but as I mentioned, funny things seems to happen.

Sorry to keep butting in but it looks to me that the de-sser is inserted on bus 14 which is the Hall Reverb. And it looks to be inserted on Bus 13 as well. Once again sorry if I am wrong.
There might be some funny stuff going on there, I haven't quite got my head around what happens if you insert something on these buses when they are feeding fx. It looks to me that 13 isn't feeding anything, so fx5L seems to not be doing anything usefull. I notice it is being fed hard from the sax, indicating it has been turned up in vain, but I might be completely wrong.

Last edited:

P16 comes off 33-48 by default, and is routed to those channels both on A and B. Remember we are talking 48 channel duplex here, what goes up the way isn't the same as what comes down, so allthough 33-48 to the console would normally only be used for a third S16, the outputs 33-48 from the console is what normally carries the P16 channels. Mess with this, and funny things happen.
If fx4 is not being used, I would prefer turning it off, not leaving it in insert mode. I can't tell you why, because I haven't figured it out, but as I mentioned, funny things seems to happen.

Thanks Per!

That´s probably the problem with the P16 only working with X32 and S16 A!

Per Søvik;57466There might be some funny stuff going on there said:
As a result of the lack of good MIDI implementation I use an external delay (controlled by MIDI clock) fed from Bus 13. The FX5 is deessing the feeds to FX1 and aux 6 (ext delay).
The FX4 doesn´t seem to off switchable so I set it to bus 13 and Mute on.