X32 Discussion

re: X32 Discussion

Now I think I have pretty good idea of most possibilities.
The P16-M system can obviously derive its 16 inputs from any channels or groups as wished.
The 16 Outputs include L+R+ mono ( if in use ) + groups - what about effect sends ????
I will need L+R front, L+R rear + mono + 6xmonitor = 11 - plus preferably couple stereo groups inside mixer for P16-M system

Effects returns are listed as being available on the DSP patch, and I guess it is the return i.e. the effects you want. It looks like the effect sends might be going straight to the effects without being available for patching, but every available patch point might not be listed on the current block diagram (Quick Start Guide page 50, very helpful and enlightening)

Does anyone have the iPad app for wireless control up and running? Does it allow for full remote control of all console functions, or are there things left out? I'd especially want to confirm that the iPad app allows for full EQ adjustments as on the board itself. Thanks in advance!

Newbie to digital mixers and X32 in particular, but salivating none the less...

Question: I want to mix one output for audio and video recording. Our FOH volunteer techs at our church sometimes do not monitor the AUX send for the recording frequently enough, and we end up with an out-of-balance recording. Can the remote control capability of the X32 address this in some way? Could we hook up some type of ipad or laptop as a controller that would allow a tech. to just mix that one output, or would his inputs be mirrored on the X32 main console, so that the two people "clash"? Any way to make this happen without purchasing another X32? I thought about using a P16M, but we have about 26-28 inputs, and are planning on eventually setting up stage monitors using the ultranet connection.

You could give the tech a p16-m and let them mix it themselves, assuming you don't need any more than 16 channels. We've had 6 units set up now with our band and they are great. the musicians think all their Christmases have come at once, now if only my x32 appeared ;-)

Newbie to digital mixers and X32 in particular, but salivating none the less...

Question: I want to mix one output for audio and video recording. Our FOH volunteer techs at our church sometimes do not monitor the AUX send for the recording frequently enough, and we end up with an out-of-balance recording. Can the remote control capability of the X32 address this in some way? Could we hook up some type of ipad or laptop as a controller that would allow a tech. to just mix that one output, or would his inputs be mirrored on the X32 main console, so that the two people "clash"? Any way to make this happen without purchasing another X32? I thought about using a P16M, but we have about 26-28 inputs, and are planning on eventually setting up stage monitors using the ultranet connection.

The X32 has usb/firewire output of all 32 channels. Plug in a laptop or desktop to that, run some software like Reaper and have every track recorded for whatever use you want to. I believe the signal is either pre or post gain so you can have a completely different set of eqs, effects, etc for your recordings than what you use for live sound. It doesn't even require two people.

Hi guys, I am basically now on tour till the 12th of August and I forgot my iPhone charger...ggrrr. So this may be may last posting, till I find a way to charge my phone. Anyway, just want to let you know one thing. This is not for sure, but if you are interested in the pc remote control software for the X32, you should check the download section for the X32 this weekend on behringer.com:)

Rock on Christian

With all due respect to Mike Freitag, these are really poor quality sounding & videos and you know if you are going to go thru all the trouble to de a series of them,,,,, jeez! I don't mean to insult anyone but,,,,,,

Think I finally realised now!!!!
You send to the Mono Bus with the rotary encoder just like a post fader aux send, and the mono channel is independent from the stereo Main. So you can use the Mono for "aux fed" subwoofers and have all volumes controlled by the master fader.

Now, for this to be really useful for "aux fed" sub use, EQ and filters needs to be independant. Can the mono channel have independent EQ and HPF/LPF?

I don't know about you guys but I've never EVER EQ'd a Sub, filters yes but EQ NEVER, just saying' !! ✌

Hi guys, I am basically now on tour till the 12th of August and I forgot my iPhone charger...ggrrr. So this may be may last posting, till I find a way to charge my phone. Anyway, just want to let you know one thing. This is not for sure, but if you are interested in the pc remote control software for the X32, you should check the download section for the X32 this weekend on behringer.com:)

Rock on Christian

You mean the X32 doesn't come with a phone charger!!! Ok the deals off!!

good luck with the tour & thanks again for all your invaluable help!!
cheers!

I can tell you that in the US, I've called a dozen retailers, from major chains to mom/pop shops, and nobody has any yet, but all confirm that they're on the way. All expect local arrival within the next 1-2 weeks.

One person on this forum reported receiving one, I think. Less than one percent of the people that have ordered the mixer is on this forum, so that one person could easilly be one out of several hundred that have received it. I think it is going to be a long time before you can go into a store and buy one that the store has in stock, the backlog of orders already spoken for is at least a month, and assuming first owner reports are favourable, the backlog will likely increase significantly as more buyers line up.

Last edited:

Thomann said to me, delivery is from 10.08. for the first pre-order.
The prices for the x32 in the German shops were on 01.08. significantly increased.
Before that, € 2,490 and € 2,690 now. What is this game?

Last edited:

Seriously has anyone yet been able to buy an x32? I believe that they were supposed to be on sale in the USA from the 27th. In Australia we are now being told still another 4 weeks. What is actually happening?
I think it was initially assumed that the X32 was shipping for existing pre-orders and the dates being shown by retailers were availability if you ordered then due to existing backorders. However, right now most of the large online retailers seem to still be showing any X32 orders as pre-orders, not unavailable or backordered but specifically as not yet available or pre-order, with 8/9 to 9/20 expected availability. Thus it at least appears that the availability has been further delayed. Since the X32 was 'guaranteed' to be in stores by 7/27, has anyone seen one in a GC or elsewhere?

I note that a couple of suppliers in the UK have now moved their expected in-stock date to November. I have contacted 5 well known suppliers and not one of them can give me any firm date for delivery. Vague answers ranging from "late September" to "Behringer don't tell us anything"! I am not aware of anybody in the UK receiving a production retail unit... not of course that I've any ability to ask everybody who might have ordered one.

They continue to mislead us on the actual availability of the console. If you visit the Behringer web site, you will see that it clearly states "In Stores Now". It gives links to Musicians Friend and Sweetwater. If you click on either link, you will see that it is clearly not available as of yet. I have been trying to hold their feet to the fire since the 4th quarter of last year when it was originally promised. I think they must mean that they have a few X32's that are on the "tour" so technically they might be "in stores now", but are not available to purchase. I am excited about this desk and have had my pre-order in for quite some time. I have a couple of DDX3216's that are reaching the end of life and have been waiting for the X32 since it was promised last year. I must say that Behringer could do the right thing and just be honest, I don't see what they would have to lose as this thing should sell like hot cakes regardless. Just be honest with the public, it isn't too much to ask is it?

I think it was initially assumed that the X32 was shipping for existing pre-orders and the dates being shown by retailers were availability if you ordered then due to existing backorders. However, right now most of the large online retailers seem to still be showing any X32 orders as pre-orders, not unavailable or backordered but specifically as not yet available or pre-order, with 8/9 to 9/20 expected availability. Thus it at least appears that the availability has been further delayed. Since the X32 was 'guaranteed' to be in stores by 7/27, has anyone seen one in a GC or elsewhere?