X32 Discussion

Routing and safes

I'm sure this has been answered but I couldn't find it. Normally I mix monitors foh unless doing a larger venue . Then we use both x32s . When I go back to mixing monitors foh I just pull up a scene from the past of the band "unsafed" but my routing doesn't change back I have to manually change things . Also my mute group button sometimes works sometimes doesn't . I and fully updated and still having trouble with number 2 I believe . Am I doing something wrong on the routing or does it not change everything back

Re: X32 Discussion

Hi. Input Gain level meter X32 vs. Ipad X32-mix! When I'm setting input gain to -10 dB on my X32, the Ipad X32-Mix shows 0 dB. Is it Analog Level Meter on X32-Mix -Ipad, and Digital on the X32 ?

Hi. Input Gain level meter X32 vs. Ipad X32-mix! When I'm setting input gain to -10 dB on my X32, the Ipad X32-Mix shows 0 dB. Is it Analog Level Meter on X32-Mix -Ipad, and Digital on the X32 ?

Hello

Not at the desk, but I have my iPad. On iPad the channel meter is located next to fader with NO SCALE of its own... This might be misleading as far as only meter is concerned. Fortunatelybthe scale is on left side of fader and meter on right side of fader.

Actually you can observe the meter the way you like, thinking it is good to stay under "fader-zero" ...

Laptop - dual purpose - any experience

Hello again

Since X32 rack is on it's way, it is time to ask, if any of you have experience of using one laptop for both purposes - recording show with FiWi/USB AND having it connected via ethernet as backup/mousemixer.

So far when mixing with iPad the X32 has been on side of stage to be grabbed in emergency - never needed !!!

With X32 rack tweaking encoders and one channel volume is something, where mixing with mouse/laptop sounds almost nice...

Hopefully it will never be needed, but I think it is a good idea to be prepared for "shit creek"

Re: Laptop - dual purpose - any experience

Hello again

Since X32 rack is on it's way, it is time to ask, if any of you have experience of using one laptop for both purposes - recording show with FiWi/USB AND having it connected via ethernet as backup/mousemixer.

So far when mixing with iPad the X32 has been on side of stage to be grabbed in emergency - never needed !!!

With X32 rack tweaking encoders and one channel volume is something, where mixing with mouse/laptop sounds almost nice...

Hopefully it will never be needed, but I think it is a good idea to be prepared for "shit creek"

Yes, I did it.
No problem.
I was using Reaper.
Laptop Inter Core duo CPU P8700 2.53GHz, XP, 32Bits, 4G Ram.

I am thinking to buy X32 rack (FOH) as counter part for my X32(monitor).

Re: Laptop - dual purpose - any experience

Hello again

Hopefully christians sneak peek will become true soon with midi faders :)

Have you got any confirmed eta yet? I was about to buy an extra s16 but I'm thinking of getting the x32rack instead...

X32 Rack arrival ???

Hi

I called Thomann last week and they could not say, when it is coming :cry:

For me that is a bit of a bummer, while last year X32 arrived on wednesday 15 Aug - and starting next day I had 3-day-gig :lol: - info here on finnish, but you can recognize band names - https://www.facebook.com/events/287835867972137/permalink/333711216717935/ - getting everything running with X32 was a breeze and success - got very positive feedback 8O~8-O~:shock:

now the same thing starts this week on thursday, but my X32R will not be there :blush: - propably it will show up on monday :roll:

Last edited:
Re: Routing and safes

I'm sure this has been answered but I couldn't find it. Normally I mix monitors foh unless doing a larger venue . Then we use both x32s . When I go back to mixing monitors foh I just pull up a scene from the past of the band "unsafed" but my routing doesn't change back I have to manually change things . Also my mute group button sometimes works sometimes doesn't . I and fully updated and still having trouble with number 2 I believe . Am I doing something wrong on the routing or does it not change everything back

Am I missing something easy ? I swear I should be able to switch scenes from one day to the next and not have to manually change my setup from dual x32s back to one .

Re: Routing and safes

Am I missing something easy ? I swear I should be able to switch scenes from one day to the next and not have to manually change my setup from dual x32s back to one .

You haven't safed something in the global parameter safe or channel safe tabs? You're sure the scene you pull up have the right routings?

Re: Best cables for X32

Dan, I too would have liked to see Powercons used on the X32 and S-16, but I have a found a great solution for the IEC's. I use a cable called an IEC Lock that locks on the ground terminal. I ordered these: IL13-US1-SVT-3100-183 Schaffner | Mouser -- Here is a link to the product: IEC Lock can help protect your computer equiptment and servers from becoming accidently disconnected -- I ordered ten of these from Mouser and they are a Class Act! Every X32 and S-16 should have these.Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for this; I got the ones from Quail which seem to be about the same price and are working fine. They don't have a female panel mount version, though, which the diagram in your link appears to show (not that I have an immediate use for that).

The problem with the Quail ones as well as those you link to, is that the largest wire size available is #18. While I'm OK using that on an X32/S16 or similar power consuming device, I have a religious objection to using that to power a nominally 6000 watt power amp. A Powercon connector would let us use almost whatever size wire we wish.

Thanks,
Dan

Re: X32 Rack arrival ???

Hi

I called Thomann last week and they could not say, when it is coming :cry:

For me that is a bit of a bummer, while last year X32 arrived on wednesday 15 Aug - and starting next day I had 3-day-gig :lol: - info here on finnish, but you can recognize band names - https://www.facebook.com/events/287835867972137/permalink/333711216717935/ - getting everything running with X32 was a breeze and success - got very positive feedback 8O~8-O~:shock:

now the same thing starts this week on thursday, but my X32R will not be there :blush: - propably it will show up on monday :roll:
Link doesnt work ;)

Re: firmware 1.15 bug with aux in remap to aes50 channels - all preamp gains linked

Just wondering if anyone thought this might be addressed somehow... Thanks!

Running firmware 1.15, I found a little bug when remapping the aes50 channels to the "aux inputs" in the routing section: all preamp gains are linked together, the channels work fine and the preamps and phantom work fine, but all channels in that group share the same linked gain and phantom settings. The channels are seperated out correctly and are independant for everything else though it seems.

One other thing that I found wierd was in x32edit (osx) v1.10 - those channels come up as "card", but the ipad says aes50(a1-6).

Gotta say, other than that... Fantastic Job! Love all the changes!

I've made a quick test.

As timo pointed out the level scale is for the fader and not the level meter.

However doing some quick tests showed that within the 10~-5 dB range the metering is roughly offset by 10dB. 10dB=0dBFS, -5dB=-15dBFS.

Then the scale begins to deviate somewhat giving -10dB=-24dBFS and -20dB=-33dBFS. This is a non-scientific test so allow for some errors in my readings...

This means that you can treat the +10~-30dB range shown at the fader to be 10dB higer than the fader level, i.e. substract 10dB from the scale to calculate the input level.

I've made a quick test.

As timo pointed out the level scale is for the fader and not the level meter.

However doing some quick tests showed that within the 10~-5 dB range the metering is roughly offset by 10dB. 10dB=0dBFS, -5dB=-15dBFS.

Then the scale begins to deviate somewhat giving -10dB=-24dBFS and -20dB=-33dBFS. This is a non-scientific test so allow for some errors in my readings...

This means that you can treat the +10~-30dB range shown at the fader to be 10dB higer than the fader level, i.e. substract 10dB from the scale to calculate the input level.

Thank You for your reply.
It would be very nice to have a dBFS meter next to the Gain-knob.

I hope Behringer will chance that sometime !