X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Rack

Mine seems to have been pushed back to at least november. 8O~8-O~:shock:

Looks like the ship took a wrong turn on its way here. I was looking forward to get one this week...

Oh well, I need to spend some time trying to dryclean my iphone that I dropped into the wc today:(~:-(~:sad:

What you do is soak it in Isopropanol, I always have a couple of bottles around, they come cheap at the petrol station.

Of course, some people might say the toilet is the perfect place for it, just flush and you're done :twisted:

What you do is soak it in Isopropanol, I always have a couple of bottles around, they come cheap at the petrol station.

Of course, some people might say the toilet is the perfect place for it, just flush and you're done :twisted:
I'm not too shure if the lcd would survive the isopropylalcohol treatment. Also, plastic parts have a tendency to melt. Or is isopropanol (cooler fluid?) any different?

I had no rice or silicagel at home so I took a papertowel that was very nearby ;) wrapped it one layer and put it into a bag of salt. Then I ran to the store and bought some isopropylalcohol and rice. After some gentle cleaning the phone lies in a plastic bag and is covered with rice. I'll leave it there for 24hrs. So far the phone is in a working state...

I'm not too shure if the lcd would survive the isopropylalcohol treatment. Also, plastic parts have a tendency to melt. Or is isopropanol (cooler fluid?) any different?

I had no rice or silicagel at home so I took a papertowel that was very nearby ;) wrapped it one layer and put it into a bag of salt. Then I ran to the store and bought some isopropylalcohol and rice. After some gentle cleaning the phone lies in a plastic bag and is covered with rice. I'll leave it there for 24hrs. So far the phone is in a working state...

Same stuff, C3H8O, and while testing is always recommended for planned cleaning jobs, the panic approach is to take the stuff that has got wet, totally submerge it and agitate it slightly to make sure that any water is diluted fairly well, then just disassemble as far as practical (makes sense to open up and take out the battery before the rinse process starts) shake it dry and let it air dry or wipe gently without rubbing any plastic display that might have been softened by the water or the isopropanol.
Isopropanol is a very gentle solvent that leaves 99% of plastics unharmed. Using coolant fluid, which is normally Glycol, is also possible, but far messier, toxic etc.

X32 Compact in action at the Boxford Apple Fair. The console was kept covered from falling pine needles and direct sunlight, while being controlled via a couple iPads. Don't worry, the layers selected before we locked the console was bus master on left and matrix layer on right, so when we manipulated faders on the iPad, we didn't have faders on the board moving around the few objects we used to keep the cover on (windy).

Here's an idea: Make an option for fader motors to disengage when console is locked.

The 2nd picture is my live sound partner and I trying to figure out as many ways as possible to route both our consoles through Logic and Pro Tools.

The 3rd is the same fair I mentioned.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 0
Re: X 32 cracking sound

My name is clarens amatmoekri ,I use a 32 whirlwind snake , use apc ups, use outputs 15 & 16 as mainoutputs
channel 17 till 32 LEDs went crazy when it was crackling. I want to know if there are others experiencing this problem ,is it may by a factory failure of behringer . I like the sound of the x32 , don't want to replace it .

Re: X32 Rack is on it´s way

Hello

I just received sms from Thomann Musicstore saying : "Your order nr xxx has just been sent to you today...." :D~:-D~:grin:

So by next week there will be reports from users around Europe...

Nuuska

X32 Core In Action with Mackie MCU

x32-core.jpg

Here's my X32 Core with a Mackie MCU controller. Also, a MacBook and iPad for monitoring and control. The buttons with the LEDs on to the right are the mute groups. The button with the lit LED above the stop button is a tap delay. The transport controls run the on-board USB recorder. The display shows the the channel number and label (the label is cut-off in the picture).

I just received sms from Thomann Musicstore saying : "Your order nr xxx has just been sent to you today...." :D~:-D~:grin:

Me too 8)~:cool:~:cool: ( of course now I have no need for it for quite a while :lol: )
Looking forward to letting it spend some time as a companion to my home PC, maybe finally getting into some software testing etc.

in Thoman site, the picture of X32 Rack have not the XUF card. only the USB port for DATA\AUDIO in front pannel and a slot in the rear. and for producer and core?

Re: X32 Core In Action with Mackie MCU

View attachment 8095

Here's my X32 Core with a Mackie MCU controller. Also, a MacBook and iPad for monitoring and control. The buttons with the LEDs on to the right are the mute groups. The button with the lit LED above the stop button is a tap delay. The transport controls run the on-board USB recorder. The display shows the the channel number and label (the label is cut-off in the picture).

Very cool, I have played around with a BCF2000 in MCU mode at the shop, look forward to trying it out at a small gig soon.

Would you mind telling us (me?) what expansion card came populated in your X32 Core when you received it?

Thanks!

Don

Would you mind telling us (me?) what expansion card came populated in your X32 Core when you received it?

Thanks!

Don

The USB card. No FireWire. I've done over 50 multi-track recordings on the X32 via USB and had no issues. Done three recordings with the Core's USB card with the same results.

With all the new X32 versions getting into the stores, I'm curious if the will come with a more extended BCF2000, x32 control surface...

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it till I get it. BCF6000 (2 x 3). 24 touch sensitive faders with assignable left hand buttons and X32 scribble strips all packed into a desk friendly size chassis. I would pay upwards of 600$ for such a unit. Please please please. Please.

The USB card. No FireWire. I've done over 50 multi-track recordings on the X32 via USB and had no issues. Done three recordings with the Core's USB card with the same results.

Many thanks, Dick!! The only reason I have the X32 (full) to begin with is just for multitrack recording (live) - this is great information and helps reassure me that the core will be a good investment to help minimize the footprint without losing any of the technical merits I've learned to love about my X32.

Sonicsense digital mixer shootout

Here is a video about the studiolive24 vs studiolive32ai compared sonic wise.

PreSonus StudioLive 32.4.2 AI Vs. StudioLive 24.4.2 / Sonic Sense Pro Audio Blog

I'm surprised to hear that strange phase shift in the sl24. Nothing that I normally recognice. That would account for the lacking bass.

The sl32ai on the other hand have more punch and low-end than the daw mix8O~8-O~:shock:. Listen to the kick and tom roll (0:08). The stereo spread seems wider in some sense as far as I can hear in the syncopated crash at 0:13. Almost like some exiter is enabled?

The x32 and soundcraft is included in the test also but only as audio clips.

And here is another shootout they did before: x32, SI Expression, StudioLive, and M-200i: A Digital Mixer Hands-On Experience / Sonic Sense Pro Audio Blog

Last edited:

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it till I get it. BCF6000 (2 x 3). 24 touch sensitive faders with assignable left hand buttons and X32 scribble strips all packed into a desk friendly size chassis. I would pay upwards of 600$ for such a unit. Please please please. Please.

Make that 25 faders, a master fader on the side is always a good thing to have.

Re: X32 scene help please

View attachment contemp st bus.txt New Config

"Per and Tim,

I'll fix the effects and the vocal group routing. LR and CM are only things going to matrix's. 1 is mono PA send. 3&4 are media sends.

All spoken mics are going to CM without any intended processing. When soloed in headphones I hear some slight processing going on. The E6's just sound unintelligible no matter what i do eq wise, mic position or cap wise.

Bus 1-5 are monitors 6,7 are groups and 8 is a sub send placed there for convenience to LR. Is there a better way to do this? I have an open slot on the next layer. Ch.1-7, 9 vocal mics. Ch.8,10-12 spoken mics."

Taking the fx out of LR took care of spoken distortion. Thanks. Took suggestions and reset board 6+6+4 with a stereo vocal group.

I have someone persistently requesting panned vocals in a 2 tr recording. I set up a stereo vocal grp.
(set up panning) Its going to LR and then going to matrix 3 & 4 set up as media sends. Will this work? Any other better way aside of multitracking?

Thanks a ton! Pete