X32 Discussion

Re: X32 Rack is on it´s way

Hello

I just received sms from Thomann Musicstore saying : "Your order nr xxx has just been sent to you today...." :D~:-D~:grin:

So by next week there will be reports from users around Europe...

Nuuska

Me too but I'm on my honeymoon until the weekend so will get to play with it next week.
Also noticed on the Thomann site that the rack is now over 300€ more than I paid when I pre-ordered it which makes a refreshing change :D~:-D~:grin:

Re: X32 Core In Action with Mackie MCU

Here's my X32 Core with a Mackie MCU controller. Also, a MacBook and iPad for monitoring and control. The buttons with the LEDs on to the right are the mute groups. The button with the lit LED above the stop button is a tap delay. The transport controls run the on-board USB recorder. The display shows the the channel number and label (the label is cut-off in the picture).

I noticed the channels on the MCU have generic numbers. Is that because you didn't label them, or a communication problem?

Re: X32 Core In Action with Mackie MCU

I noticed the channels on the MCU have generic numbers. Is that because you didn't label them, or a communication problem?

The display has two lines. The second line is below the channel numbers and displays the labels. Due to the angle of the photo, you can't see the second line in the picture.

Re: X32 Discussion

Hi folks. I have made a lot of progress since my earlier posts in this forum. But I have a question: I followed a YouTube video that taught me how to route the LR output to a linked pair of Matrix mixes. That all works fine. But I would like to send the LR output to two matrix mixes that are not linked. So Matrix 1 would be the left part of the LR mix and Matrix 2 would the right part of the LR mix. But not linked. The reason is that sometimes my band sets up in odd shaped rooms and I would like the ability to set the volume level of the L and R portions of the mains at different volumes. With two Matrix sends linked I can't do that.

Appreciate the help ............ Rob

Hi folks. I have made a lot of progress since my earlier posts in this forum. But I have a question: I followed a YouTube video that taught me how to route the LR output to a linked pair of Matrix mixes. That all works fine. But I would like to send the LR output to two matrix mixes that are not linked. So Matrix 1 would be the left part of the LR mix and Matrix 2 would the right part of the LR mix. But not linked. The reason is that sometimes my band sets up in odd shaped rooms and I would like the ability to set the volume level of the L and R portions of the mains at different volumes. With two Matrix sends linked I can't do that.

Appreciate the help ............ Rob
In the configuration menu you can disable fader linking when channels are linked. Only downside is that all faders become that way. However, I prefere it that way since I always tend to grab both faders anyway (habit from the analog days).

Also, if tou want independent volume control to your matrixes (LR sent pre fader) use the dca's to keep a consistent balance.

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure either of those possible solutions will work for me; I don't really want to unlink the faders of all the linked channels, and I'm already using all of my DCA's.

Is there not a way to send the left main to one matrix channel and the right main to another without those two matrixes being linked?

Anyone?

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure either of those possible solutions will work for me; I don't really want to unlink the faders of all the linked channels, and I'm already using all of my DCA's.

Is there not a way to send the left main to one matrix channel and the right main to another without those two matrixes being linked?

Anyone?

Is there a reason you can't simply pan the inputs to achieve the L/R balance desired? The linked matrices will preserve that panning.

I am using 22 inputs. I don't want to have to adjust the panning on 22 inputs at every gig I do. I am trying to make this easier not harder.

I am using 22 inputs. I don't want to have to adjust the panning on 22 inputs at every gig I do. I am trying to make this easier not harder.

Hello

There is a way to do it - since it appears, that once you have set your panning, that´s it.

First time takes a while to adjust, but later you have exactly what you asked.

On every channel - switch LR OFF
If you use LCR for subs, leave it ON and adjust level accordingly.
Select two free buses - i.e. 9&10 - set their faders to 0dB
On Mixbus config tab select POST FADER
On MixBus MAIN-tab select LR for both , pan 9 to Left and 10 to Right
Use channel feeds to 9&10 - and adjust the balance between them as if you were panning LR

Once this is done - it takes few minutes - you can run the desk as usually - when you need to cut one side down or boost the other, just use BUS 9&10 masters for that. Your MAIN-fader will still control your output along your mono-sub-output, if you use one.

Hope this puts you forward.

Nuuska

Hi, I have a problem with the first display rotary encoder from left to right. Today, after a long break from not using of x32 (about a month and a half), I noticed a bad function of this encoder. Its been most evident when I use low cut. If I try to rotate it fast, the rotary encoder dos not work. If I move it slowly it does the job ok. Anyone ever experienced this? Also I noticed it has a different click sound (lower in volume) and it feels more "loose" compared with the other ones. The mixer is practically new, I use it only for 5 studio mixes, it traveled just once... the place where it was stored is kinda moist, is a rehearsal room not heated or dehumidified. Any way, its not that cold here 15-16 degrees at night. its a hot autumn till now. this could be the reason? humidity? The thought that wear is the reason its just disappointing... I just started to learn it and putted all of my hopes in a better product from Behringer. If wear is the reason, it will be an untrusted relationship between the two of us and I all ready hate this.

Hi, I have a problem with the first display rotary encoder from left to right. Today, after a long break from not using of x32 (about a month and a half), I noticed a bad function of this encoder. Its been most evident when I use low cut. If I try to rotate it fast, the rotary encoder dos not work. If I move it slowly it does the job ok. Anyone ever experienced this? Also I noticed it has a different click sound (lower in volume) and it feels more "loose" compared with the other ones. The mixer is practically new, I use it only for 5 studio mixes, it traveled just once... the place where it was stored is kinda moist, is a rehearsal room not heated or dehumidified. Any way, its not that cold here 15-16 degrees at night. its a hot autumn till now. this could be the reason? humidity? The thought that wear is the reason its just disappointing... I just started to learn it and putted all of my hopes in a better product from Behringer. If wear is the reason, it will be an untrusted relationship between the two of us and I all ready hate this.

hello! how are you all? I am from Chile South America and unfortunately we do not have technical service!
I I have exactly the same problem with the high pass filter encoder and encoder eq frequency! we will have to change the rotary potentiometer? and the other thing I found is that LED lights do not get the channel!
X32.jpg

To Dragos and klaudio,

I'm sure one of the Behringer guys here will see your posts and try to reach out to you. Their customer service with regards to the X32 has been great. Please don't feel disheartened about the mixer. It sucks to be a part of the extremely small percentage of people who end up with something faulty. Keep in mind that such occurences are extremely rare. They can arise with any product that is manufactured. Whether it is a child's toy, or a brand new Lexus. It happens to Allen and Heath Mixers, it can happen to Midas Pro Desks, Yamahas, etc.

I hope you both get your sitatuons figured out as fast as possible so you can begin really enjoying the great things the X32 offers.

Dear Dragos and klaudio,

The behavior of the encoder as you are reporting, is not from wear. On a very few encoders, there was a bit too much grease that was applied which can lead to this effect.
That is an easy fix which our CARE center can perform, or we can send the part and get it replaced locally.

Please PM me your information and I will make sure CARE takes care of this right away.

Last edited:

X-Heads,

long time - no post. Got some pm, asking if I got hi-jacked or so:)
Everything is fine, just lot of work in the last months. Since I got one of the first X32 consoles every made,
I thought I share my experience on the long-term performance of the X32. I took the desk on the road with me in a
cheap Thomann desk and did about 90 gigs with it. Now this desk became the house desk in a live club called "Rockschicht".
Although the Rockschicht is quite small (about 300pax), we took (beside some local heros) care for some renowned artists. Mostly bands that would have a day off
on their tour, and rather play for little money in our club. So lot's of guest mixers working with "the house X32".

The X32 took some hits over the time. Some flyin' beer attacks, two times the complete FoH was the first victim in a mosh pit8)~:cool:~:cool:
Nevertheless the X32 (+2 x S16) never let us down. It worked flawless on every gig. Sometimes some mixers complained, that some channels were not working.
Turns out, that these channels were accidently double routed on different DCAs. On the other hand, we got of positive feedback from soundguys, that never worked with a X32
before. Most of them are really pleased with the sound they get from this board. In my eyes the X32 is just perfect for small clubs. It keeps the FoH site really small, it needs no regular maintenance like an analoge bord
and first of all it fits even in small budgets. By now the desk has about 150 gigs under the belt and still works like a charme.

From time to time I record straight off the USB port. Last weekend we had a band called "Jaya The Cat" in the house. They came without a soundguy, so I was in charge.
Here is one song for all the car nerds in this forum:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21028604/JaYaTheCat_El_Camino.mp3

In addition, some pics of the club. Maybe sometime someone of you is doing a gig here.
Don't forget to bring your X32mix scene:)

Rock on
Christian

Attachments

• 134640_390466607690258_1311441777_o.jpg
    134640_390466607690258_1311441777_o.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 884485_440720939331491_733379519_o.jpg
    884485_440720939331491_733379519_o.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 919240_464582813611970_1497019584_o.jpg
    919240_464582813611970_1497019584_o.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 919284_464583163611935_663574465_o.jpg
    919284_464583163611935_663574465_o.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 999872_376452135810949_1402687073_n.jpg
    999872_376452135810949_1402687073_n.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1009325_480723971997854_1501559757_o.jpg
    1009325_480723971997854_1501559757_o.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1149052_376452082477621_1961066298_n.jpg
    1149052_376452082477621_1961066298_n.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1240585_394650420657787_435910659_n.jpg
    1240585_394650420657787_435910659_n.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1265336_528423253894592_1510152735_o.jpg
    1265336_528423253894592_1510152735_o.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1271153_528423133894604_436611465_o.jpg
    1271153_528423133894604_436611465_o.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1278054_524623814274536_1358459662_o.jpg
    1278054_524623814274536_1358459662_o.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 0
  • 1377125_397493000373529_541504580_n.jpg
    1377125_397493000373529_541504580_n.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1763.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 0

Dear Dragos and klaudio,

The behavior of the encoder as you are reporting, is not from wear. On a very few encoders, there was a bit too much grease that was applied which can lead to this effect.
That is an easy fix which our CARE center can perform, or we can send the part and get it replaced locally.

Please PM me your information and I will make sure CARE takes care of this right away.

I come back with bad news. Joe replied to me very shortly and sent my contact to CARE UK, shortly after that I received a message from CARE uk. They sent me to Romanian distributor here in bucharest but calling them I understand that they cannot do the repairing because Behringer DO NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY! Amazing! Romanian distributor it does have a Behringer service but they repair only the products purchased directly from them. They even have a direct relationship with Bheringer Germany. So what? if they cannot do an european warranty. I bought mine form Thomann Germany so in this case I should send my mixer back to thomman for repair... And its just about a 10$ repair, this frustrates me! I could pay 50$ or more jut not to void my warranty but no way cannot do it here in Bucharest.

Every big company offer International) European warranty for their products, (and Bheringer is BIG!) its sad and unexpected that Behringer do not offer this kind of service for their customers... So people keep this in mind when you want to buy Behringer equip. This is only my fault that I assumed Behringer could have international Warranty being a international corporation. The cost cutting at the shelf its reflected in the post sale services... The saying " you get what you pay for" its real in this case.

So Joe, thanks for you time and prompt replies, you give me hope for the easy way with Behringer services but... nothing personal here :)

My saga with repairing a Behringer begun.

Behringer DO NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY! Amazing! Romanian distributor it does have a Behringer service but they repair only the products purchased directly from them. They even have a direct relationship with Bheringer Germany. So what?

Well hold on. That statement isn't entitely accurate. It sounds to me like your having an issue getting it repaired because of your specific location. That doesn't mean all people in Europe, or the US, or Africa for that matter don't have a warranty. If they didn't have "international" warranty, than only people in China would have it.

I'm not surprised that a distributor who does offer Behringer technical service does not want to fix a console that wasn't purchased from them. That's fairly understandable even coming from US companies. If you bought an X32 from Guitar Center here in the US, just because Sweetwater also sells Behringer, and offers their warranty service, doesn't mean they'll fix it for you. Most likely they'll tell you to call Guitar Center. They're the ones who got your money in the first place.

I bought mine form Thomann Germany so in this case I should send my mixer back to thomman for repair

That sounds like the appropriate action to take. You should always take faulty merchandise back to the original seller it was purchased from.

Every big company offer International) European warranty for their products, (and Bheringer is BIG!) its sad and unexpected that Behringer do not offer this kind of service for their customers... So people keep this in mind when you want to buy Behringer equip. This is only my fault that I assumed Behringer could have international Warranty being a international corporation. The cost cutting at the shelf its reflected in the post sale services... The saying " you get what you pay for" its real in this case.

Dragos we all feel for your situation, but taking stabs at the company publicly is taking your frustration out the wrong way. You can't expect the problem to be rectified 24 hours after you've begun trying to fix it. Have you contacted Joe about a different way to go about it? What has Thomann said about it? How long ago did you purchase it? Was it within a reasonable amount of time to ask for a straight exchange on the mixer? The first attempt at service has proven to be fruitless, so what other means have you tried?

I'm still very much on your side Dragos, I wish there was something I personally could do to help. Keep your chin up, stay positive, and things will get resolved.

Well hold on. That statement isn't entitely accurate. It sounds to me like your having an issue getting it repaired because of your specific location. That doesn't mean all people in Europe, or the US, or Africa for that matter don't have a warranty. If they didn't have "international" warranty, than only people in China would have it.

I'm not surprised that a distributor who does offer Behringer technical service does not want to fix a console that wasn't purchased from them. That's fairly understandable even coming from US companies. If you bought an X32 from Guitar Center here in the US, just because Sweetwater also sells Behringer, and offers their warranty service, doesn't mean they'll fix it for you. Most likely they'll tell you to call Guitar Center. They're the ones who got your money in the first place.

if I buy lets say, an iphone or Samsung TV from Europe, here in Romania I benefit form European warranty. Romania its just full of Bheringer products, they are cheap, affordable, and everybody own a couple of them. But again its my fault I didn't check warranty conditions. I bought it from thomann because of the much higher prices that romanian distribuitor had, you can't blame me...

Dragos we all feel for your situation, but taking stabs at the company publicly is taking your frustration out the wrong way. You can't expect the problem to be rectified 24 hours after you've begun trying to fix it. Have you contacted Joe about a different way to go about it? What has Thomann said about it? How long ago did you purchase it? Was it within a reasonable amount of time to ask for a straight exchange on the mixer? The first attempt at service has proven to be fruitless, so what other means have you tried?

I'm still very much on your side Dragos, I wish there was something I personally could do to help. Keep your chin up, stay positive, and things will get resolved.

I have to wait about 3 weeks for this repair including shipping, all of this just for a 10$ pot, its stupid, above all, I have projects to complete and I can't handle the DL-s... On the other side I cant work with it like this. its frustrating to be remembered of the faulty every time you roll that encoder. Not to mention the paranoia included with shipping and handling the product on the road. I dont have a case, I bought it mainly for studio work.

I just asked thomann if they will aloud me to do the repair here in Bucharest at Behringer service, without voiding my warranty. I offered to pay for the encoder and shipping. Waiting for an answer. My mixer its practicaly new, it was bought 4 months ago, I still need the warranty for the years to come... Only 4 monts pass and the first problem arrived. I dont want and need to be skeptikal but this situation its not building my trust in the product.