X32 Discussion

Re: NAMM

Behringer: DIGITAL MIXER X32

Scroll down, V 2.0 is made mention of now.
It includes the RTA and alot of other stuff from the M32 release.

The beta version is also available in downloads. all the new features are listed in the documentation.

i was gonna copy and paste them here, but realized that that would be really lame.... :)

i will say my first cursory read through is pretty promising. Most of the wish list things i've seen on here have been implemented. I was hoping for more MIDI integration, but that's for a specific application, so i'm not surprised i didn't get it.

Not sure I want to try it without some assurance that you can go back to 1.15. Also, not much good (for me) without the corresponding update to X32-Mix.

The beta version is also available in downloads. all the new features are listed in the documentation.

i was gonna copy and paste them here, but realized that that would be really lame.... :)

i will say my first cursory read through is pretty promising. Most of the wish list things i've seen on here have been implemented. I was hoping for more MIDI integration, but that's for a specific application, so i'm not surprised i didn't get it.

All the same as the M32...and no direct to external drive multitrack recording?

Could anyone please sum up all the new features in the V2.0 Firmware just briefly?
(for example: using the Matrixes as AUX possible? Inserting DAW plugins without need to go to a different page for Gain setting possible?
Controlling more X32 consoles or Rack/ Core from one X32 possible? Using the Midas DL251 IO and remote controll the Gain possible? the same thru DANTE with DANTE capable I/O box like Yamaha RIO or other possible? etc. ALos please If anyone can ask @ NAMM when the new CARDs will be available??

THX

Here is what I found- directly from the "Release notes 2" file included with the download- Hope it helps for those who can't see it right now.....

2.01 (2014-01-23)
improvements:
- dual enhancer fixed
- file version check (show/libs)

2.00 (2014-01-22)
improvements:
- new eq encoder assignment (main lcd)
- channel icon/name visible on fx inserts (dual mono only)
- console init bus send 1-8 default now post eq instead of pre fader
- faders disabled when locked and remote controlled
- comp threshold range reduced to -60..0 dBFS
- sends on fader button flashing
- relaxed sends on fader function (automatically deactivated only by pressing DCA button)
- improved indication of sends on fader signal flow on small displays
- stagebox lock moved to setup/preamp page
- increased parameter resolution on rackamp
- increased sensitivity on deesser
- gain reduction meter on precision limiter
new features:
- eq on fx return channels
- expander mode (1:2, 1:3, 1:4) in gate section
- 100 band rta/spectrograph (on meter page and as overlay on eq and geq screens)
- user assign rotaries available on assign home page (for rack/producer/compact)
- console lock on HOME button (2.5s), doubles as safe shutdown
- individual eq band reset (w/ undo)
- dca level meters (max post fader level of assigned channels)
- additional pre gate tap for bus sends
- additional post gate tap for outputs
- output routing w/ optional muting (e.g. mute P16 feeds w/ channel mutes)
- smart handling of send levels when changing bus mode
- gate / comp key signal level indication
- additional lcd color modes (inverted display)
- xlr outputs added to routing matrix (e.g. foh passthru)
- sends on fader for mono/center bus and matrices (bidirectional)
- fader extend mode (input channels on bus faders); press two bank select buttons simultaneously (Producer and Compact only)
- gain split mode for foh/mon; ha gains can only be set on setup/preamp page, channels have trim only
- gain remote option; allows console gains to be remote controlled by another console (e.g. use X32RACK as stagebox)
- when pushing the effects button or selecting a channel while on any fx page, the corresponding fx and layer is
automatically selected when used as insert on selected channel or as send effect on selected bus
- jump to page user function optionally includes fx layer
- midi control of channel level, mute, and pan
- freeze function on vintage room
- lots of new effects
- new scene management (cues/scenes/snippets)
- faster boot time and smaller update file size

1.xx (internal)
improvements:
- ch afl solo now working correctly on auxes and fx returns
new features:
- support for X-DANTE, X-MADI and X-ADAT cards
- iQ series control

Scenes not interchangeable between 1.15 and 2.0. I wonder if this will always be the case, or if 2.0 "final" will be able to read 1.15 scenes.

I don't have anything I desperately need to keep, but I'm sure some others will...

Scenes not interchangeable between 1.15 and 2.0. I wonder if this will always be the case, or if 2.0 "final" will be able to read 1.15 scenes.

I don't have anything I desperately need to keep, but I'm sure some others will...

i suspect this will always be the case since they've significantly altered the scene structure. that being said, some sort of way to convert scenes from old to new would certainly be a great thing. i know i'll be holding off for a while to upgrade just because i'll have to recreate our 'default' setup from scratch.